What are Singaporean women like?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
clowny
Freshman Poster

What are Singaporean women like?

Post by clowny »

Are they more like mainland chinese women, or more like western women? The reason I ask is because I have conflicting views about them. The few singaporean women I have met seemed nice, but numerous men have told me that they are stuck-up.

BTW, i'm talking specifically about singaporean women of chinese ethnicity...forget about indians, indonesians, etc.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

3 main types: Chinese, Malay, and Indian.

Women there are standoffish and foreign men feel ignored most of the time.

Chinese are at the top and considered the most attractive, but the others behave just as standoffishly.

Most foreign men end up cavorting around the red light districts where women of other Asian nationalities (usually prostitutes) hang about. These women are not attractive usually.

All in all, Singapore is a wonderful place to visit for food, shopping, and sightseeing. It is horrible for meeting women however.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

I briefly have dated a few... this is my perception, they are very beautiful, however they are looking for someone to take care of them, and the richer you are the better...

I would say out of all of Asia I have been to, some of the prettiest were there and really classy.

If you got a job working there, you would be made for sure, I would expect to meet at least a 8/10 who wouldn't have screwed half the city.

Divorce also seems very rare.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My friend Walt told me that when he was in Singapore, the people were hard to connect with. They seemed cold and hollow, similar to Taiwanese. He said that mainland Chinese women are a world of difference.

Also, being trapped on an island sucks. It feels repressed and uptight. You develop island fever eventually, and feel trapped and stagnated. Islands are only nice for visits, but to live sucks. There's nothing to grow your mind or soul.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I spent about 3 months in Singapore in 2009. The women are some of the ugliest I have ever seen confined in a single place! :) And most of them are middle/upper class, career-minded and quite stuck-up if you ask me. I had a couple of flings there, and neither of them was a local Singaporean: a mainland Chinese working as a nursing assistant and a Malaysian Chinese from Johor Bahru who had opened a small furniture import business. The Chinese was very cute (those long, smooth white legs somebody here loves :wink: ) but also very inexperienced with men, while Malaysian was more worldly and flirtatious, but a bit short and about average in looks.

I think the saving grace of Singapore is the large number of young women who come from Malaysia, mainland China, the Philippines, India, Pakistan, and sometimes Europe and the US. The whole spectrum of social and intellectual colours is available, from the poor Filipino or Vietnamese KTV hostess who dreams of hooking up with a well off expat to escape a life of sacrifice and forced sex with strangers, to the young Indian trainee doctor or lawyer who is all about ambitions and gaining social status through social (and sexual) connections. Given the high cost of living, it's obviously advisable to be there on a good job (> 100K SGD per year), rent at least a room in a good condo and have enough holidays to travel around Asia (more likely if you work for a European company, which will give you a 20/25 day package).
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

Winston wrote:the people were hard to connect with. They seemed cold and hollow, similar to Taiwanese.
Yep, this is what I've heard before. I have been told the locals are very business-orientated and not friendly.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Singapore is like Hong Kong - it's just a place for working.

But if you must go there then you'll find some nice Malaysian-Chinese women across the border. My sister in law is from there, and she's really nice.

Being British, I don't mind islands. The thing is we generally hate our neighbours (especially the French) so it's better to stay on our island.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Guys, I live in Singapore and am Singaporean. Although I've spent time living in the US (for University) and China, I've basically grown up in Singapore.

Out of all the oriental Asian countries, there is no doubt that Singaporean Chinese girls speak the most English and are easily the most westernized of all Asian girls within Asia. But as most of you know, that is not a good thing at all. With westernization comes western values and western values nowadays encompass feminism.

As with most Asian countries out there, Singapore has its fair share of beautiful girls. I don't deny that there are also some nice girls here who could make suitable long term girlfriends, but then we are talking in general terms here. Generally speaking, Singapore is one of the last Asian countries you should be looking at if you're looking for traditional, feminine, approachable, down-to-earth, soulful girls.

Singapore, being a wealthy corporate state that is fully acquiescent to neo-liberal multi-national corporate interests, gets a lot of good PR in the West, in the same way that many people living outside of America get lots of good PR about America, but you guys know the truth about life in America, and similarly I know the truth about life in Singapore.

Singapore and its people are arguably even more materialistic and wealth-conscious than Americans. The country is small, lacks natural resources, has a high population density, has very little social welfare - so what you have is a hyper-extremely competitive every-man-for-himself society where the only goal in life is to attain wealth and flaunt your wealth to others.

It seems that people here, and I say this as a Singaporean, are only ever interested in where you stay (how wealthy your neighborhood is), what your job is, what car you drive, how much money you make, how expensive your clothes are etc. When people meet each other, the primary goal seems more to validate themselves by showing how well they are doing rather than to strike a genuine soulful connection.

The country utterly lacks soul, neighbors generally do not know each other, while most people have an abundance of superficial network acquaintances , business connections & Facebook friends, but few real friends. It's difficult to strike deep connections with people when everything is about money and status and everyone is trying to explicitly or implicitly one-up each other.

Literally, money is the ONLY thing that matters in Singapore. Therefore, in general, if you're looking to meet soulful, feminine, non-materialistic Asian Chinese women, Singapore really is one of the last Asian countries you should be looking at.

When we speak in such general terms, as is necessary in all sociological conversations, there is a tendency for some to simply point out exceptions they've encountered in their very own subjective experiences to try to disprove a generality. But exceptions exist everywhere and in every sociological circumstance and don't disprove generalities, one needs to live in a place long enough and look at the broader picture. Similarly, I'm not saying that there are zero good women who are also reasonably good looking in Singapore. There are - although most are probably already taken - and they are few and far between, like in America. But why take your chances where the odds are so slim?

As Winston's friend has correctly pointed out, girls in China are a world of difference. In China, if I don't ask a girl I've acquainted myself with for her number, she'll be sure to ask me for it. If I don't make an effort to keep in contact with her, she'll be sure to reach out to me and ask me how I'm doing. Chinese girls in China are far more likely to be down to earth, soulful, warm, non-judgmental, and speak their minds. If you compliment a Chinese girl, she assumes you meant it sincerely and is genuinely happy to receive it, there isn't that sort of cynicism that just brushes you off. Singaporean Chinese girls are far more like American-Chinese girls, and you guys should know what that means.

I myself am currently in a relationship with a Malaysian Chinese girl (this means she's Chinese by race but born in Malaysia - being a bigger country, there are actually more Chinese in Malaysia than there are in Singapore) who's living in Singapore and even between Malaysian Chinese girls and Singaporean Chinese girls you can generally see pretty big differences.

As to why I'm still in Singapore, I currently have a decent paying job which unlike most jobs here, does not require crazy working hours (many of my peers work overtime everyday - 12 hour days are normal here), nothing spectacular by Singapore's high standards of wealth but not a level of income that I've found a way to replicate in China yet.

Yes the cost of living in China is much lower than in Singapore and I wouldn't need the same income in absolute terms but then if I were to just do an English teaching job in China I wouldn't be able to save as much in absolute terms and there's not much prospects in that, income-wise, unless I've already saved up a large amount of money for passive income. The adventurous part of me sometimes says to just say f*** it give it all up and take the plunge into China, but practical considerations hold me back, while I have to consider my girlfriend as well. If I didn't have a decent paying job with reasonable hours here, or a lovely girlfriend to support me, I think I would already have followed the likes of DiscoPro Joe, The Adventurer, Magnum and many others (including American friends of mine) in moving to China by now. Nevertheless, the dream to be Happier Abroad lives on.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Also, being trapped on an island sucks. It feels repressed and uptight. You develop island fever eventually, and feel trapped and stagnated. Islands are only nice for visits, but to live sucks. There's nothing to grow your mind or soul.
WW, you are spamming your own site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Singapore is part of the Anglosphere, with lots of Chinese influence. The striking similarities with typical Asian-American women are depressing. Now I wonder why 40% of all marriages in Singapore are now between local Singaporean men and foreign women.

The women talk about how men need to make them laugh and not be "creepy."

Blue-collar? Then your only hope would be Vietnam, China, Malaysia, or Indonesia.

The clubbing looks like American high school partying.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I didn't notice many attractive girls in Singapore to be honest. I thought they were a bit on the nerdy side and not many were tall with the long legs that I like. Singaporeans lack sensuality and life. Plus Singlish sounds stupid to me especially when girls speak it. It's like fob valley girl speak..very unsexy and annoying.

With that being said Singapore is great if you're an oligarch who fled his country or something.
Last edited by Repatriate on July 29th, 2013, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Repatriate wrote:I didn't notice many attractive girls in Singapore to be honest. I thought they were a bit on the nerdy side and not many were tall with the long legs that I like. Singaporeans like sensuality and life. Plus Singlish sounds stupid to me especially when girls speak it. It's like fob valley girl speak..very unsexy and annoying.

With that being said Singapore is great if you're an oligarch who fled his country or something.
Even the fatties think their shit doesn't stink. I've been around them for months at a time and while some of them are smoking hot, I find them a bit too stiff or stodgy for my taste.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Also, being trapped on an island sucks. It feels repressed and uptight. You develop island fever eventually, and feel trapped and stagnated. Islands are only nice for visits, but to live sucks. There's nothing to grow your mind or soul.
o.O? Singapore is only a few thousand feet across the water from Malaysia. All you have to do is drive across the bridge. Indonesia (Batam) is 20 km away to the south, with hourly ferry service.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: Also, being trapped on an island sucks. It feels repressed and uptight. You develop island fever eventually, and feel trapped and stagnated. Islands are only nice for visits, but to live sucks. There's nothing to grow your mind or soul.
o.O? Singapore is only a few thousand feet across the water from Malaysia. All you have to do is drive across the bridge. Indonesia (Batam) is 20 km away to the south, with hourly ferry service.
To some, those few thousand feet might as well be a million miles.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

This is a pretty good example of an annoying Singaporean girl. The singaporean guy in this video is also a complete beta male p***y with poor body language and social skills. I have no idea why the old white man is sitting there monitoring their conversation. Everything about this is pathetic and makes me angry on some level.