The tragedy of the 1960's Civil Rights era

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

The tragedy of the 1960's Civil Rights era

Post by WiseTruth »

The sad fact is, much of the 'Civil Rights' era of the 1960s was a failure. The results were meager, and not worth the cost.

Racial integration in the schools didn't promote harmony between blacks and whites. Neither did it produce better students among blacks. Had blacks and whites continued to be segregated, I doubt racial relations would have been much different from what it is now. It might even have been better.

The tragedy of the civil rights era is that, without the legislation of the 1960s, racial segregation most likely would have died a natural death anyway, at least its more antiquated, cruder aspects. It might have still continued, but enough of it probably would have been eliminated so that nobody (even blacks) would have cared much. Without the civil rights legislation of the 1950s and 1960s, no doubt we would have been more mature, balanced, and wiser about racial realities than we are today.

Blacks, women, homosexuals... they were the main subjects of that era (1960s - 1970s), and the main catalysts of its ruin.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The tragedy of the 1960s Civil Rights era

Post by djfourmoney »

WiseTruth wrote:Let's call a spade a spade: much of the so-called 'Civil Rights' era of the 1960s was a failure. The results were meager, and not worth the cost.

Racial integration in the schools didn't promote harmony between blacks and whites, or any other races for that matter. Neither did it produce better students among blacks. Had blacks and whites continued to be segregated, I doubt racial relations would have been much different from what it is now. It might even have been better.

The tragedy of the civil rights era is that, without the legislation of the 1960s, racial segregation most likely would have died a natural death anyway, at least its more antiquated, cruder aspects. It might have still continued, but probably much of it would have been eliminated so that nobody (even blacks) would have cared much. Without the civil rights legislation of the 1950s and 1960s, we probably would have been more mature, balanced, and wiser about racial realities than we are today.
Well the truth is, it was incomplete because the movement was co-oped by the Women's Rights Movement, Climate Change Movement and pushed on the back burner as the Vietnam War intensified.

Then we had Water Gate, Iran Hostage Crisis and the Right Wings War on the Poor and Middle Class.

So we were never able to get back too it.

I don't agree with the self-determination nonsense. Have you ever been a victim of driving while Black? I have.

Social Interrogation was just bungled just as Reconstruction was, White Elites have NO INTENTION of full equality, it would reduce their power.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

WiseTruth wrote:Let's call a spade a spade: much of the so-called 'Civil Rights' era of the 1960s was a failure. The results were meager, and not worth the cost.

Racial integration in the schools didn't promote harmony between blacks and whites, or any other races for that matter. Neither did it produce better students among blacks. Had blacks and whites continued to be segregated, I doubt racial relations would have been much different from what it is now. It might even have been better.

The tragedy of the civil rights era is that, without the legislation of the 1960s, racial segregation most likely would have died a natural death anyway, at least its more antiquated, cruder aspects. It might have still continued, but probably much of it would have been eliminated so that nobody (even blacks) would have cared much. Without the civil rights legislation of the 1950s and 1960s, we probably would have been more mature, balanced, and wiser about racial realities than we are today.
Well the truth is, it was incomplete because the movement was co-oped by the Women's Rights Movement, Climate Change Movement and pushed on the back burner as the Vietnam War intensified.

Then we had OPEC Gas Crisis (1), Water Gate, Iran Hostage Crisis , OPEC Crisis (2) and the Right Wings War on the Poor and Middle Class starting with Nixon.

I don't agree with the self-determination nonsense. Have you ever been a victim of driving while Black? I have.

Social Interrogation was just bungled just as Reconstruction was, White Elites have NO INTENTION of full equality, it would reduce their power.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

WiseTruth wrote:The sad fact is, much of the 'Civil Rights' era of the 1960s was a failure. The results were meager, and not worth the cost.

Racial integration in the schools didn't promote harmony between blacks and whites. Neither did it produce better students among blacks. Had blacks and whites continued to be segregated, I doubt racial relations would have been much different from what it is now. It might even have been better.

The tragedy of the civil rights era is that, without the legislation of the 1960s, racial segregation most likely would have died a natural death anyway, at least its more antiquated, cruder aspects. It might have still continued, but enough of it probably would have been eliminated so that nobody (even blacks) would have cared much. Without the civil rights legislation of the 1950s and 1960s, no doubt we would have been more mature, balanced, and wiser about racial realities than we are today.

Blacks, women, homosexuals... they were the main subjects of that era (1960s - 1970s), and the main catalysts of its ruin.
I agree.

Caribbean countries, Bermuda etc ended segregation with much less melodrama and antagonism than we did. Federal legislation and judiciary activism, forced on an unwilling population, was the worst possible way to do it.

Plus, it devastated Black communities - as forced, unwise integration and free trade always does. There used to be Black-owned department stores, hotels, and restaurants. All wiped out by the forced, rushed desegregation.

A persuasive example: East Germany. The pearl of the Soviet Bloc economy. When it united with West Germany, its industry was all shut down. Almost overnight. Gee thanks!

When Blacks were integrating lunch counters, it was the White owners of those lunch counters who benefitted. Black lunch-counter owners went out of business.

Big picture: corporations win, middle class small-business-owners get exterminated.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

djfourmoney wrote:

Then we had OPEC Gas Crisis (1), Water Gate, Iran Hostage Crisis , OPEC Crisis (2) and the Right Wings War on the Poor and Middle Class starting with Nixon.

The only thing about your post that comes closest to making sense is your mentioning the Vietnam War. The rest is ignorant, uneducated crap.

The Vietnam War did exacerbate America's domestic problems. Not only did the war financially strap us, it aroused feelings of national doubt and self-hatred, particularly among young people. We never should have fought there. Or else, we should have fought there, but more ruthlessly, and then gotten the hell out. Without the war, the social climate in America likely wouldn't have been as militant and angry as it was in the late '60s and early '70s -- the years when black militancy, the women's movement, and the homosexual movement became unavoidably visible.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

WiseTruth wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

The only thing about your post that comes closest to making sense is your mentioning the Vietnam War. The rest is ignorant, uneducated crap.

The Vietnam War did exacerbate America's domestic problems. Not only did the war financially strap us, it aroused feelings of national doubt and self-hatred, particularly among young people. We never should have fought there. Or else, we should have fought there, but more ruthlessly, and then gotten the hell out. Without the war, the social climate in America likely wouldn't have been as militant and angry as it was in the late '60s and early '70s -- the years when black militancy, the women's movement, and the homosexual movement became unavoidably visible.
Yes, I didn't say it earlier, but that was pretty ridiculous. Just excuses. Civil Rights failed because society got distracted by...every other historical event??? Wtf? That's the stupidest answer ever.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

WiseTruth wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

Nice attack mode, you feel better about yourself?

This is why Men will never align for Righteousness, too busy having a pissing contest.

The War was not the only economic factor. OPEC Crisis are largely distractions from the real issues but impacted the Middle Class and Poor the most. Who benefited? Oil Companies...

Again I don't agree with this self-determination, almost Libertarian thought process. I am not responsible for the previous errors made by the left, I am responsible however for righting the ship before it runs aground.

White Elites destroyed whatever progress we have made as a collective. But Black men are hard-headed. I keep telling one that if he wants to be heard he needs to improve his sound quality, but he takes that as a personal attack and says his five listeners don't have a problem with his You Tube videos sounding like a Land Line phone conversation.

Calling what I said IS a personal attack when you called what I said uneducated crap because it didn't totally align with your Black Militarism POV.

Have a nice day.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

abcdavid01 wrote:
WiseTruth wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

Yes, I didn't say it earlier, but that was pretty ridiculous. Just excuses. Civil Rights failed because society got distracted by...every other historical event??? Wtf? That's the stupidest answer ever.
Civil Rights is unfinished, because they never intended to finish it. They killed anybody that was intending to fix it and demonized the Left.

Its not excuses its what happens in society, they distract you from what's important. In 1972 what was your momma's main concern, standing in line at the gas station or homosexuals were being liberated in the discos of large metro areas?

Yes I am a stupid nigger who didn't officially finish high school, so that officially makes me uneducated.

However I have support and seniority around here, so if you don't like what I say, put me on your ignore list.

The country is headed for the deep end and all you two care about is my take on recent history? Oh I forgot, abcdavid, your main concern is finding some pure as driven snow woman, good luck finding that. That's not an attack that's a rap on the head telling you should be realistic and if your not searching the right areas don't complain the vast majority of women are not virgins when that doesn't guarantee shit.

This MRA Conservative Troupe about Homosexuality and Feminism is wearing thin.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The main tragedy of the civil rights movement is all the black criminality it enabled, the destruction of white educational institutions due to the inclusion of dumbass and scummy blacks and the hiring of stupid and incompetent black workers for jobs that white men should be doing.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I'm a college dropout. Forget education. It was still a stupid thing to say. You sound very insecure for some reason.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Cornfed wrote:The main tragedy of the civil rights movement is all the black criminality it enabled, the destruction of white educational institutions due to the inclusion of dumbass and scummy blacks and the hiring of stupid and incompetent black workers for jobs that white men should be doing.
<---- See this is what I have to deal with, blatant Racism from an MRA, Stormfront poster.

I've seen more White incompetent behavior in my work environment more than Black incompetence. Its often I am the only Black working for that company...

Cornfed forgets I have spent 70% of my life in 90+% White areas. White males wanna talk about Black Crime, when Whites are the biggest, most costliest criminals in HUMAN HISTORY. Then wanna say "It wasn't me"
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

abcdavid01 wrote:I'm a college dropout. Forget education. It was still a stupid thing to say. You sound very insecure for some reason.
Insecure? Not at all.... I don't care. The easy way out is to blame others. I know I am not uneducated, so that's a blatant personal attack.

Discounting distractions doesn't give your argument any weight. I am mystified by people that believe natural human forces would have solved things if the Gubment just got out of the way. That way we can give Blacks the equality they wanted (whenever that is) and that as religious zealots we can push the Homo back in the box, thus freeing up women for marriage.

This is why it is important NOT TO EDUCATE MY CHILDREN IN AMERICA. They get some Fantasy Island version of the truth. Religion is an outdated concept. But in time of social and economic difficulty, people tend to run for the security of the cloth. This will lead to social unrest not previously thought was possible. These are not harmless attacks on gays that MRA's are making, it will lead to kidnappings and murder of gay people as especially at the hands of White males.

As many have said, this shit here is nothing, wait until the bond collapse happens.
Last edited by djfourmoney on February 19th, 2013, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The events following the Jewish Cultural Revolution of the 60s have conclusively proved, among other things, that blacks are simply incompatible with advanced human society. Their inclusion is barely tolerable when they are segregated, provided with monkey work and subjected to violent repression. Trying to do anything else is a recipe for disaster for all concerned. As I have said before, the white libtards who supported the JCR would will their assets to compensate the victims of black crimes and then hang themselves if they had any honor.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Pretending black crime isn't a problem is a great way to make sure it never gets solved.

Article by Thomas Sowell, a House Negro, apparently:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ ... mas-sowell
Those who automatically say that the social pathology of the ghetto is due to poverty, discrimination, and the like cannot explain why such pathology was far less prevalent in the 1950s, when poverty and discrimination were worse. But there were not nearly as many grievance mongers and race hustlers then.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

In all honesty, multiculturalism was the worst thing to happen to the United States. Look at the state of the country now in comparison to how it was, even 20-30 years ago--when I was growing up. The country has become a total disaster now. And it's been a total disaster in every other Anglo country as well: Australia, U.K., etc. Thank god for me being Asian, I can always go back to the Asian continent and escape all this nonsense. I curse my parents for ever bringing me to this damn country!