Did Marina and I look compatible? Should I try to find her?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

comparing Marina to filipinas is wrong in itself
filipinas will never look so alluring, sophisticated, classy..they all look like they come from coconut or banana farms

its not just about facial features, its a big thing but you cant fake class...

filipina can dress like her but it wont have the same effect, you know what i bloody mean

Marina is kinda woman you wanna be seen with, go cinema, dinners, show her to your family and friends..

If Winston was smarter he would have snatched her and marry her, it will be hard for him to find something similar and young
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

eurobrat wrote: Image
I so dig the way this girl looks in this photo even tho her nose is a tad big (wide looking) here.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

eurobrat wrote:
Well why is Rock even there if all the girls are so plain looking? Is he just there for the cheap cost of living? Please Rock explain this more in detail.
Some reasons I am here often:

1. Phil Air by far has cheapest flights to USA from Taiwan so I stop here both coming and going to break up trip and learn more about this place and see whether or not it grows on me as I learn the ins and outs.

2. Recently joined Taiwan tour group in Bahol and Cebu for Chinese New year. That was fun and I got to see a lot in a very short period.

3. I really appreciate how many people here behave. They are often friendly, polite, and humble without asking or expecting anything. In some ways, I feel quite comfortable here. But prices r not that cheap for many things. Certain other Asian countries have better options in that regard.

4. It may be easier for me to attract that needle in the haystack 6 or 7 here than one of the plentiful 7s or 8s in a much more genetically gifted country.

5. I do like the weather here as long as it doesn't rain.

6. I don't have much of a language barrier here. The locals I tend to be around speak great English for the most part.

7. It's very easy here in general - very user friendly. Also close and convenient to Taiwan.

8. I am looking to possibly invest in condo here cus yields are pretty high and reasonable rate mortgages seem to be available to foreigners.

9. I really like a lot of the classic American music u here so often here from the previous decades. People have some intuition about US culture which is nice. I go to American movies here and they don't even have subtitles, lol.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
Rock wrote:
I so dig the way this girl looks in this photo even tho her nose is a tad big (wide looking) here.
Oh good, at least you and I can agree on something. And I doubt you would care about her nose if you were 5 feet away from her in a hot tub and she was naked, I'm sure you could get over that.
Rock replies: "That all depends on which way she's facing."
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

One more thing about Winston's hot blond. Some people are not particularly photogenic. But vids are much closer to real life as they are animated (esp. close-ups).

Real life is more accurate than a vid which in turn is much more accurate than still photos.

I ranked Winston's girl based on the vid. I don't think the photos do her justice at all. I'm sure her 3D real life self is much more like the vid than photos. Can u confirm this Winston?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:One more thing about Winston's hot blond. Some people are not particularly photogenic. But vids are much closer to real life as they are animated (esp. close-ups).

Real life is more accurate than a vid which in turn is much more accurate than still photos.

I ranked Winston's girl based on the vid. I don't think the photos do her justice at all. I'm sure her 3D real life self is much more like the vid than photos. Can u confirm this Winston?
Yes I would agree. Marina, like most Russian girls, looks better in person than on video or photos. But she looks beautiful in photos too. I didn't know that videos were more accurate than photos though. Plus, Marina had a round face, which tends to magnify in photos. In person, most foreign girls look better, in my experience. This is true in the Philippines too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:comparing Marina to filipinas is wrong in itself
filipinas will never look so alluring, sophisticated, classy..they all look like they come from coconut or banana farms

its not just about facial features, its a big thing but you cant fake class...

filipina can dress like her but it wont have the same effect, you know what i bloody mean

Marina is kinda woman you wanna be seen with, go cinema, dinners, show her to your family and friends..

If Winston was smarter he would have snatched her and marry her, it will be hard for him to find something similar and young
You are right that it was a big mistake for me not to stay with Marina to see where it would have gone. But everything looks clear in hindsight and you have to understand the context at the time. At the time I met her, I was already sick of being in Russia, and had been for months, kind of like how I am sick of being in Taiwan now. I had already reached the breaking point and had enough. A lot of bad things happened to me during that trip, and I had reached the breaking point already. I had lost my tolerance and desperately wanted to leave. It became an obsession. My thoughts 24/7 were "This country sucks. I want to get out of here and go somewhere safer where people have conscience and morals." So I was desperate to leave and not delay any longer.

I wasn't even supposed to be in Yoshkar-Ola at the time. I only went back again because it was Alina's birthday and I felt obligated to go. If I hadn't, I would not have ever met Marina. So I guess I was glad I did. It was March 2005 at the time, and I had already decided in January when I went to Lithuania that I had enough of Russia, and was finished there. So me staying longer for Alina was seen as a delay to me. And I was tired of the hold up and became impatient. Plus, even if I had stayed longer for Marina, I would only have been able to stay a few more days at most since my visa was running out too.

But yeah, in retrospect I should have. It was a big mistake. Everything in hindsight looks a lot different than it did at the time. I'm sure you can think of many examples in your life too.

When we parted sadly at the train station, I definitely sensed genuine feeling and affection from her, which was uncommon because most Russian women are cold deep down. I sometimes wish I could go back in time to when I was on the train saying a tearful goodbye to Marina, and then suddenly getting off the train and deciding not to leave town, like a scene in the movies. lol. I play that memory in my mind sometimes and wish I could have got off the train and done it differently. Maybe my life would have been different now if I had. Life sucks when it's full of regret.

Btw, I found Marina's home number and tried calling it. But I got an error message saying that the number no longer existed. I tried it with all variations of the area code for Yoshkar-Ola too. So I'm not sure how I can find her other than hiring a private detective to track her down. That sucks. Why would any family disconnect their home number? She had no cell phone at the time either, because she was too poor. I should have bought one for her.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

publicduende wrote:
Rock, it's hard for me to think that a country like that is void of naturally beautiful girls. You're denying simple facts, including all the cuties to hotties I have seen and even talked to between Samal and Davao. Much more obvious to see that a perfectly proportioned Pinay with her smooth tanned skin, round eyes and gorgeous smile, tapered arms and cellulite-free legs, small round bums and a perky B cup, is just not your cup to tea.
All I know is what I see during all my trips here. Once u leave Metro Man / Pampanga area, number of of facially very cute to hot girls drops to nearly nil. And when u do spot one of the cuter ones, she's almost always below 5'4".

Even in Manila, most of the girls I've had a chance to talk to who fall closer to my specs invariably stand-out in their environments - ie in school did some modelling or finalist in beauty pageant. Sometimes these girls have obvious flaws too yet they still are considered very distinguished here. If a local girl looked like that blond in the vid (a 5 according to Eurobrat) but with Asian colors (black hair and yellow or even brown skin) and a regular Russian stature of say 5'6", you can be sure she would be considered a 1 in 1,000s type of beauty here. If she's a 5 or even 6, what does that suggest about the base level here?

Phils. does have plenty of mildly cute girls. It also has lots of plain ones too. But most are about as tall as 12 yr old girls in the west which is not very appealing unless u have a thing for the not fully developed look.

Anyway, very cute and esp. hot ones are quite rare here, esp. outside of Metro Man/Pampanga. And the chronic short stature issue makes matters even worse unless u r also very short or don't mind a huge height gap w/yr dates.

Don't assume 96 mn population or high birth rate guarantees an abundant supply of great female eye candy. Heck, India is like 10 times as many people with a hi birth rate but good luck finding an available hottie there. Concentration of attractive people is much more relevant than absolute population. Taiwan has only 23 mn people yet I think it is fantastic for certain types of guys. Cus the concentration of very cute to stunning status gals is high there (u can even find some in Taipei like that photo of Eurobrat's I complimented). But go to Bangladesh, one of the most densely populated countries in the world (I've been there by the way; it has at least 50% more people than Phils and more than 6 times as many as Taiwan) and count how many times in a week u see someone who looks remotely appealing (hint: u won't use more than a couple fingers on one hand, lol).
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Winston,

I assume you tried social media sites, fb,twitter etc..

Do you know her full name? Hire some russian private detective if you really wanna find her BUT she is in her late 20s now?
Chances are she already married/divorced...2 kids...do you really wanna be with that woman?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Eurobrat, you need to stop making absolute statements. You don't know what Marina looks like now, nor do you know if she's married or has kids, or if she's worth pursuing. Only God knows. Not you. It is NOT logical to make absolute statements about something you cannot possibly know. Only small minded people do that. Instead of making absolute statements, you should say "possibly this or that" and keep an open mind to all possibilities until more data comes in. That's what a truth seeker does. Aren't you one? If so, then stop making absolute statements without basis.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

I would say that while she is cute even hot by western standards, she would be average at best in Russia. Winston, don't waste your time on trying to connect with her. She's probably a married babooshka by now.
Instead and much wiser, better alternative would be to go to Russia and spend a few months there. You will surely be glad you did and you will forgot that one faster than you can breathe.