-----

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Ghost, you're a smart guy, also something of a libertarian if I recall, so surely you see the problem with criticizing outsourcing.

You're right about those who would rail against technology of course. Luddites. How many people became unemployed when tractors were invented?

Yeah, I dropped out of college to work on making money online. My parents figured I was smart and tried to put me on some straight and narrow path, but I keep seeing the straight and narrow as running into a brick wall

For example, I went to a smart kid's high school because...well it made sense to them. So I aced the test to get in, but I really wanted to go to the vocational school on campus. The kids there may not have been as smart, but they were really learning. Taught them business, interpersonal skills, automotive and woodwork. I should have pushed harder to go there because I'd at least have some diversity.

My dad could argue that things were worse in his time. He was my age in the late 70's. But I think that's the wrong distinction. It's like asking, "Is it worse to live during a time of war or after your side has lost the war?" I feel like I'm living in the latter type of society.

Ghost, you should check out this MRA writer, William Rand: http://randwrand.wordpress.com/
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

An interesting perspective Ghost, thanks for this post.

Funnily enough, the way the majority of young people is reacting to the ongoing depression in the general economy, the job market, the living standard, is to stick even more to their families. Young men and women in their mid-20s to mid-30s are baby boomers' offspring and, for how sad it is, many of them come to the conclusion that are or will wind up being less accomplished, less well off and probably more miserable than their parents. Many of them end up staying at home with mom & pop, receiving their three meals a day, working meager jobs and spending their wages on gadgets, fashion and partying. Staying at home all the way until their (late) marriage has been a constant for young men and woman in Southern European countries like Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. What's more surprising, the phenomenon has taken off in the UK and (I would assume) US as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mother ... menon.html
Last edited by publicduende on February 20th, 2013, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

My dad told me to stay at home. It is a thing here in the U.S.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

abcdavid01 wrote:My dad told me to stay at home. It is a thing here in the U.S.
His paternal advice is quite obvious: stay here, and if push comes to shove I will at least be around to protect and help you. Sometimes I think your family had swapped roles: your mom should have been your dad, and vice-versa :)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: A Warning: The Window Is Closing...

Post by OutWest »

Ghost wrote:This is mostly going to apply to younger guys who are in their late teens to early thirties - guys who can't get a foothold in Western societies and want to escape but don't know how or are having trouble, which is typically in regards to not having the money or resources to truly expat. I am posting this in the general section because it applies to at least a little bit of everything.

The world is changing. It is changing so much that we are undergoing the greatest, most massive transfer of wealth and power that the world has ever seen. If you are a young male in the united States, as I am, then you well know that this is not your time. Or at least it isn't here in the West where feminism and misandry will crush your morale and dreams in a moment. If you are an older man, then your options have been greater in the past and you probably still have some distinct advantages over younger men. You've probably had a decent job, or are better able to make money, and you have probably saved a good bit over the years as well, or you may get disability or other money that allows you to travel or expat.

But if you are around your twenties, then you probably don't have lots of opportunities as far as appealing to the domestic job market. Unemployment remains stubbornly high and probably is not going to get better as outsourcing and technology work together to make fewer jobs. (I am not criticizing technology, though. It is a way to do things easier, more efficiently. Outsourcing is really the much larger problem. And there are other factors I won't worry about right now.) Even if you have a job, it is probably pays poorly, is not in your field of study/training, and is probably just another completely expendable, make-work, non-productive customer service job. And this is what most jobs are now: interchangeable, pointless customer service gigs that don't amount anything useful. I was in such a job for a year and a half, and quit about six months ago. I decided that even if I failed, trying to get on another path was the only way to go, lest I be trapped in a shithole forever. Better to try what you care about and fail that intentionally give yourself over to mediocrity, useless jobs, and dumb-shit bosses.

The American economy is therefore a joke. Nothing is worth anything - including you! (To the system, that is.) Hey, it is great if you have a degree, but if you don't then don't worry about it to much. Domestically it could even help you not to. It is getting worse out there. Some states in the U.S. are in death spirals so to speak - there are more takers than producers. (If you are one of those gaming the system because you see how pointless and zero-sum it is, then more power to you. Double points to men doing this as an active insult to the feminist/misandrist system.)

It is not going to get better and is in fact getting worse for men, particularly young men. And this brings me to my main point:

I think the window for escape is closing.

This is something I had put in the back of my mind for a long time. I kept putting off plans and sticking with a pointless job because I feared the risks and failures of trying to escape. Despite the fear of my life becoming some existential death spiral, fear proved powerful enough to stop me for a long time. Now, even though I am taking action and doing things I've never done before to help myself, I am seeing signs that it is becoming more difficult to escape. I fear that window of opportunity is closing.

The political/economic situation gets worse by the month. It has been mentioned on this forum before how the old Soviet Union eventually prevented its citizens from leaving. Here in the U.S. we know (if you are initiated, which it is safe to say many of us here are) that the government and society are already totalitarian in some ways. We know about the freedom killing laws such as the "Patriot" Act and the NDAA. We know generally about what the government plans to do in the face of true economic collapse. The cost of getting a passport is higher now.

There are roadsigns that show us that the window is closing.

When I quit my job, I knew exactly why I had and what I wanted to do. I wanted to write. I had wanted to for a long time, even collecting ideas for novels for years without using them. I finally started and have written two novels. I am working on a third one and am inching my way towards going to a traditional publishing house for a book deal. I wanted to make money more quickly, so I started freelancing. In an emergency, I could turn this sort of thing into a full-time work-at-home job. These are good things, but they do show how precarious things are and why such plans and directions are needed.

I worked on these things for a while, getting a good start. Finally, in November and December last year, I began to look into going abroad for a job teaching English as a foreign language. This was of course to be my main method of escape. First, a minor sort of financial independence and doing things I thought worthwhile with my life. Second would be literal, physical, geographical escape. I applied for jobs in China and got an offer. After going through about a month of paperwork and such, I was informed that due to insufficient qualifications I could not get a visa and work permit even though the school really wanted me to come teach there. I was told that as of this year the requirements are becoming more enforced. China is not known for heavy requirements and outside of its big three cities, not known for heavy enforcements of them.

A few months earlier it might have been no problem.

This is just a little sign and I am applying for more so I think things will work out. But things have a very precarious feel to them. Things could go awry at anytime and if they do I will not likely see it coming.

So this is the time. There are warning signs about. Don't ignore them. This forum can get bogged down on people asking too many questions that simple posts on a message board cannot answer. Direct experience will matter above any responses you get to a question here. Pick a place or places to research, make your best choice with available information, and then go. Have a back up plan. Go work somewhere but work on other things and other plans just in case you end up somewhere you don't think you can stay long term. Thinking is good, but over-thinking is not. It's the difference between using your brakes to get through traffic safely and slamming on your brakes so that you cause a ten car pileup wreck.

The U.S. is getting to be a worse place to be all the time. Other countries are getting harder to get into. The days of being "special" are over. The West is a spiritual, romantic, and existential death trap.

I think eventually it will become a literal death trap.

Watch for the signs and act accordingly.

The window for escape is closing.
I have been preaching this for 5 years at least. I am changing my life in light of this. This year I am establishing
Chilean residency and will begin dividing my time between Chile and the Philippines. With time, we will be eligible
for Chilean citizenship and a passport. A Chilean passport is by far the best in South America..

Yes, as you say, watch the signs!

Outwest
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Pure unadulterated alarmism, nothing more.

While I can appreciate your general disillusionment with the US just like the next guy, I cannot agree the "Window is closing." Why is that window closing in your mind?

There is no law prohibiting the movement of people coming soon, and most foreign nations will ALWAYS welcome productive and wealthy people into their countries.

If you think that young men are losing the ability to succeed in America, you might be onto something, but the problem lies with the young men and their lack of marketable skills than with the economy.

Work hard, make money, invest money, buy gold, and travel periodically while you are in your twenties and you will be set to move where you want in your thirties and forties. I think too often young men have no sense of delayed gratification and that hamstrings them in the expat game.

The window is indeed not closing, but if you are too fat or too weak to get through the window, it is your own fault.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

This is a frequent topic of conversation for me and my buddies. I'm fearing that the New World Order is gaining momentum. I was never much into conspiracy theory but if you start to connect the dots between these seemingly unrelated stories, the NWO outline is starting to take shape.

Reading now for awhile that our gov't wants to start putting RFID chips into peoples hands. It will be disguised as 1) Immigration Control or 2) ability to track kidnapped persons etc. But this will be the beginning of the end for us. If they successfully chip us, they'll soon phase out paper money and all of your life's data will be contained on that chip. Come tax time, they'll just debit your chip for X amount of your earnings. But more importantly it becomes the ultimate way of controlling people!!! Do you realize how easy it would be to void the data on your chip? Boom you are now penniless and out on the streets begging for food. Guys this is the sign of the devil and I don't think it's far off.

Throw in a little gun control and we as Americans lose our ability to defend ourselves. Slowly but surely our rights are being taken away from us all in the disguise that the gov't is protecting us!!! Ever stop to think that the "powers that be" are planning these random school shootings? Ever stop to think that 9-11 was fabricated to scare us and create a false enemy? Ever stop to think that the "powers that be" are purposely dumbing down so that we are so distracted most don't even realize the horrific outcome of the NWO plan?

Don't know about you guys but it scares the crap out of me!!!!!!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Pure unadulterated alarmism, nothing more.

While I can appreciate your general disillusionment with the US just like the next guy, I cannot agree the "Window is closing." Why is that window closing in your mind?

There is no law prohibiting the movement of people coming soon, and most foreign nations will ALWAYS welcome productive and wealthy people into their countries.

If you think that young men are losing the ability to succeed in America, you might be onto something, but the problem lies with the young men and their lack of marketable skills than with the economy.
Work hard, make money, invest money, buy gold, and travel periodically while you are in your twenties and you will be set to move where you want in your thirties and forties. I think too often young men have no sense of delayed gratification and that hamstrings them in the expat game.
The window is indeed not closing, but if you are too fat or too weak to get through the window, it is your own fault.
Much of this is sensationalism no doubt- but extreme debt and tax rates that are often 50% of income when various taxes
are combined are legitimate things to concern many. The US alone or nearly so, in taxing their tax slaves on worldwide income regardless of residency. Time will be the judge as to whether those who established alternative citizenship were fools or not. A friend has now been a citizen of St Kitts for 6 or 7 years and has moved from being upper middle income
to outright wealthy due to the compounded value of low taxation.

Outwest
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:Funnily enough, the way the majority of young people is reacting to the ongoing depression in the general economy, the job market, the living standard, is to stick even more to their families. Young men and women in their mid-20s to mid-30s are baby boomers' offspring and, for how sad it is, many of them come to the conclusion that are or will wind up being less accomplished, less well off and probably more miserable than their parents. Many of them end up staying at home with mom & pop, receiving their three meals a day, working meager jobs and spending their wages on gadgets, fashion and partying. Staying at home all the way until their (late) marriage has been a constant for young men and woman in Southern European countries like Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. What's more surprising, the phenomenon has taken off in the UK and (I would assume) US as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mother ... menon.html
Staying in large family groups is what people should have been doing all along. The nuclear family is a dysfunctional and inefficient way of doing things being propped up by Western regimes, much like solo motherhood. The idea that kids should go and live by themselves, shuffle papers in an office, pay for everything they needed with the proceeds of the paper shuffling, and could expect to be rewarded with ever increasing pay and more grandiose job titles - this was always an empty dream that was never intended to last. Shame on the generations that abandoned their family loyalties to participate in this suicide cult. Hopefully decent people can now regroup, resist the system and relearn self-reliance. Then they might have a small chance of surviving what is coming.
His paternal advice is quite obvious: stay here, and if push comes to shove I will at least be around to protect and help you. Sometimes I think your family had swapped roles: your mom should have been your dad, and vice-versa
Perhaps the father realizes that when TSHTF, it might be useful to have some young men around who had an interest in his survival.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Regarding the window closing, to some extent it already has, as Westerners are no longer regarded as automatically upper class and are instead regarded as the impoverished disposable migrant labor that most indeed are, and are treated accordingly. I wasn't surprised to learn that China is cracking down on work visas. There are so many underemployed and overeducated Westerners wanting to work in Asia that it was only a matter of time.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

abcdavid01 wrote:
Yeah, I dropped out of college to work on making money online. My parents figured I was smart and tried to put me on some straight and narrow path, but I keep seeing the straight and narrow as running into a brick wall

For example, I went to a smart kid's high school because...well it made sense to them. So I aced the test to get in, but I really wanted to go to the vocational school on campus. The kids there may not have been as smart, but they were really learning. Taught them business, interpersonal skills, automotive and woodwork. I should have pushed harder to go there because I'd at least have some diversity.

My dad could argue that things were worse in his time. He was my age in the late 70's. But I think that's the wrong distinction. It's like asking, "Is it worse to live during a time of war or after your side has lost the war?" I feel like I'm living in the latter type of society.
I don't mean to pick on you because you seem like a good guy, but this is a perfect example of the wrong-thinking going on around here. I am about the same age as your dad and I have a daughter who is probably about your age. While you, convinced that the end is going to happen any day, dropped out of college and "worked on making online money", she buckled down and worked her way through college. She is set to graduate in a few months on schedule (4 years) from one of the top public universities in the US. Her degree is bullshit but she has a great paying job lined up with a consulting company. She knew all along that college is bullshit, but she did the work. Now she is in great shape.

Jobs are out there if you get the right degree. If you don't get the right degree then you had better be smart and interview well. You know what? That is exactly the situation in the early '80's when I graduated from college. The economy was shitty, the dollar was losing value, the Japanese were going to own us, blah blah blah, same shit different day.

There are many people who have been convinced that the end of the world as we know it is near...who have gotten old and died, thinking all along that society would crumble around them. The signs are there. Sure, they have always been there. You need to be taking advice from your dad rather than feeding on the Looney Toon minority here on HA. Note: I mean the gloom and doomers here, who are actually a vocal minority.

Get back on track with your education. Your going to be feeling pretty stupid 5 or 10 years down the road if you keep jerking off with "making money online" and you are broke and living at home. And meanwhile the economy and the world just keep muddling through. Hedge your bets. Don't bet it all on gloom and doom outcomes.
Last edited by Devil Dog on February 20th, 2013, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

The New World Order will happen within the next 17 years maybe sooner.

Our fiat currency is debt, it's not backed by anything.

The dollar continues to get weaker and weaker.

One should continue to buy silver and learn how to start your own business, f*** school and degrees.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Devil Dog wrote:I don't mean to pick on you because you seem like a good guy, but this is a perfect example of the wrong-thinking going on around here. I am about the same age as your dad and I have a daughter who is probably about your age. While you, convinced that the end is going to happen any day, dropped out of college and "worked on making online money", she buckled down and worked her way through college. She is set to graduate in a few months on schedule (4 years) from one of the top public universities in the US. Her degree is bullshit but she has a great paying job lined up with a consulting company. She knew all along that college is bullshit, but she did the work. Now she is in great shape.
Presumably she was only hired for having a vagina as part of the regime's warped plan to destroy society. After all, why else would anyone give her a job for having a degree that everyone knows is bullshit? Obviously she won't be doing anything useful. If the job required usefulness they would hire a man with real qualifications. Most likely her duties will consist of turning up wearing tight clothing and giving out the odd blow job to senior managers. Shame on you for delivering your daughter into feminist whoredom, when she could be raising a family and contributing to society rather than its destruction. The thing is, this kind of whore option is only available to giant vermin like AW. It isn't something that real people can consider.
Jobs are out there if you get the right degree.
Yes, and lottery money is out there if you pick the right numbers.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Cornfed wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:I don't mean to pick on you because you seem like a good guy, but this is a perfect example of the wrong-thinking going on around here. I am about the same age as your dad and I have a daughter who is probably about your age. While you, convinced that the end is going to happen any day, dropped out of college and "worked on making online money", she buckled down and worked her way through college. She is set to graduate in a few months on schedule (4 years) from one of the top public universities in the US. Her degree is bullshit but she has a great paying job lined up with a consulting company. She knew all along that college is bullshit, but she did the work. Now she is in great shape.
Presumably she was only hired for having a v****a as part of the regime's warped plan to destroy society. After all, why else would anyone give her a job for having a degree that everyone knows is bullshit? Obviously she won't be doing anything useful. If the job required usefulness they would hire a man with real qualifications. Most likely her duties will consist of turning up wearing tight clothing and giving out the odd blow job to senior managers. Shame on you for delivering your daughter into feminist whoredom, when she could be raising a family and contributing to society rather than its destruction. The thing is, this kind of whore option is only available to giant vermin like AW. It isn't something that real people can consider.
Jobs are out there if you get the right degree.
Yes, and lottery money is out there if you pick the right numbers.

I just have to laugh at losers like you. You can't win so the game must be rigged, right?

Return to “General Discussions”