Why does nearly everyone have tattoos these days?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Why does nearly everyone have tattoos these days?

Post by Johnny1975 »

For me, tattoos, piercings etc are red flags.

I've been observing lately and found that so many people, male and female, have tattoos. Even some people who you wouldn't think would have one, has one, including older people. And some of them are awful.

Is it just me?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

buddy77
Freshman Poster

Crap culture

Post by buddy77 »

Its only part of the sh*t culture here in the USA.

Fact: if you go to Japan wearing a tat, the people are less likely to trust you or respect you. In Japanese culture only, criminals and seedy people wear tattoos
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I agree. That is how I feel about nose studs. I feel your pain brother.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Post by bennandsarah »

Just saw Jennifer Aniston got one. Almost all 20-somethings have one or more.
It wasn't like this in the 1980's and early 1990's -- that's for sure bud.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I will never date a girl with a tattoo. I will never get a tattoo.

I think some piercings on a girl are acceptable like earrings and belly rings. I don't mind a nose stud. Some piercings like a lip ring, a nose ring, eyebrow ring, or ear gauges are completely unacceptable.

I have also noticed more girls are going for tattoos and ugly piercings. It's something in the Anglosphere's trashy culture.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Tsar wrote:I will never date a girl with a tattoo. I will never get a tattoo.

I think some piercings on a girl are acceptable like earrings and belly rings. I don't mind a nose stud. Some piercings like a lip ring, a nose ring, eyebrow ring, or ear gauges are completely unacceptable.

I have also noticed more girls are going for tattoos and ugly piercings. It's something in the Anglosphere's trashy culture.
My biggest thing isn't earrings, it is just those freakin studs, sorry, but I hate those. Earrings are pretty normal, I just hate things like you alluded to.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

20 years ago in a Star Trek DS9 episode an alien character was talking about 2013 in the Trek verse about how she got her tattoos during the "90s fad". In many ways the Philippines today looks like America of 20 years ago. Men are getting their up front in your face "cultural" tattoos. And some women, young trend setters and actresses are getting the small easily hidden tattoo. Meanwhile the tomboyish lesbians are getting the full sleeve, neck and chest look of western women in the tattoo magazines.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Crap culture

Post by gsjackson »

buddy77 wrote: In Japanese culture only, criminals and seedy people wear tattoos
That's the way it was in the U.S. until about the mid '90s -- just motorcycle hoods, inmates and drunken Marines got them. I can remember in the early '90s only one college basketball player having a small tatoo on his arm -- a center for Arizona named Joseph Blair, nicknamed "Baby." I just assumed he was sort of a low-grade moron, not a cultural pioneer.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

I ve seen more tattoos In Brazil than anywhere else, both girls and guys love them
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

i was never been in to tatoos probably i am too old for that stuff. - i think it´s too much. but who knows once one get used to it. the positive thing is one can see it as a sign of freedon without hurting other people. as longs it´s somekind of art i am ok with it at least theoretically. but ususally it has an iditotic vibe.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Tattoos can be good. I've seen hardly any in China. Still, it is Winter and there's not much skin on display - grrrr.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Re: Crap culture

Post by Raja »

gsjackson wrote:
buddy77 wrote: In Japanese culture only, criminals and seedy people wear tattoos
That's the way it was in the U.S. until about the mid '90s -- just motorcycle hoods, inmates and drunken Marines got them. I can remember in the early '90s only one college basketball player having a small tatoo on his arm -- a center for Arizona named Joseph Blair, nicknamed "Baby." I just assumed he was sort of a low-grade moron, not a cultural pioneer.
I remember Dennis Rodman was a freak and a few years later you could see Tim Duncan's tattoo if his uniform shifted enough. Anyway 25 years ago I first started seeing them on sex workers then this Black Korean Army brat who worked for me shows up with one at her bikini line. Now that first group are becoming grandmothers and their daughters have much more elaborate tattoos. There is not much ground left to break for their granddaughters.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Unfotunately, tattoos are the mark of a follower. Most people today are followers. They go along with the latest trends. They go with the flow. Leaders don't copy what other people do, they blaze their own trails.

For me, tattoos on a lady are a no-no.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Array9 wrote:Unfotunately, tattoos are the mark of a follower. Most people today are followers. They go along with the latest trends. They go with the flow. Leaders don't copy what other people do, they blaze their own trails.

For me, tattoos on a lady are a no-no.
This.

Most people get tattoos so that they feel "unique" and "special," they feel they are showing their individuality. What's ironic about that is that now that everybody's got them, people like me are the true rebels because we DON'T have them! Yeah, people with tattoos are unique and special, just like everybody else.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

I could never take a woman seriously if she has even just one permanent tattoo.
Not only is it unfeminine, but a tattoo on a woman is also a sure sign that she used to be (or still is) the neighborhood skank.
Just saying.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.