-----

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

publicduende wrote:
Maker55 wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Ghost, you're a smart guy, also something of a libertarian if I recall, so surely you see the problem with criticizing outsourcing.

You're right about those who would rail against technology of course. Luddites. How many people became unemployed when tractors were invented?

Yeah, I dropped out of college to work on making money online. My parents figured I was smart and tried to put me on some straight and narrow path, but I keep seeing the straight and narrow as running into a brick wall

For example, I went to a smart kid's high school because...well it made sense to them. So I aced the test to get in, but I really wanted to go to the vocational school on campus. The kids there may not have been as smart, but they were really learning. Taught them business, interpersonal skills, automotive and woodwork. I should have pushed harder to go there because I'd at least have some diversity.

My dad could argue that things were worse in his time. He was my age in the late 70's. But I think that's the wrong distinction. It's like asking, "Is it worse to live during a time of war or after your side has lost the war?" I feel like I'm living in the latter type of society.

Ghost, you should check out this MRA writer, William Rand: http://randwrand.wordpress.com/
Smart man.

The internet is going to rule our future since we are no longer in the industrial age but in the INFORMATION AGE.

Keep doing it and keep on building traffic to your online businesses.

In the near future, whoever doesn't learn how to harness the power of the internet is going to be LEFT BEHIND.
Yeah, too bad that, as the market gets overcrowded with offer, law of diminishing returns apply. I would understand one builds an actual service rendered via a web site or application. Attempts to monetise blogs, forums and online contents based on traffic alone equates to being at the complete mercy of whatever Google Ads and their brothers are willing to pay at any one time. As a business model, it's one doomed to rapid inflation and failure.
As long as you offer a product that is selling and target the right keywords, one will be fine.

The internet is the world.

It's going to replace big businesses for christ's sake.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Maker55 wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Maker55 wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Ghost, you're a smart guy, also something of a libertarian if I recall, so surely you see the problem with criticizing outsourcing.

You're right about those who would rail against technology of course. Luddites. How many people became unemployed when tractors were invented?

Yeah, I dropped out of college to work on making money online. My parents figured I was smart and tried to put me on some straight and narrow path, but I keep seeing the straight and narrow as running into a brick wall

For example, I went to a smart kid's high school because...well it made sense to them. So I aced the test to get in, but I really wanted to go to the vocational school on campus. The kids there may not have been as smart, but they were really learning. Taught them business, interpersonal skills, automotive and woodwork. I should have pushed harder to go there because I'd at least have some diversity.

My dad could argue that things were worse in his time. He was my age in the late 70's. But I think that's the wrong distinction. It's like asking, "Is it worse to live during a time of war or after your side has lost the war?" I feel like I'm living in the latter type of society.

Ghost, you should check out this MRA writer, William Rand: http://randwrand.wordpress.com/
Smart man.

The internet is going to rule our future since we are no longer in the industrial age but in the INFORMATION AGE.

In the near future, whoever doesn't learn how to harness the power of the internet is going to be LEFT BEHIND.
Yeah, too bad that, as the market gets overcrowded with offer, law of diminishing returns apply. I would understand one builds an actual service rendered via a web site or application. Attempts to monetise blogs, forums and online contents based on traffic alone equates to being at the complete mercy of whatever Google Ads and their brothers are willing to pay at any one time. As a business model, it's one doomed to rapid inflation and failure.
As long as you offer a product that is selling and target the right keywords, one will be fine.

Banal generality. Please refer us to your websites where you are making money.

Among the posters in this thread, is there one person who has a website which makes him at least $100 per month? Speak up.

The HA Looney Tune Cadre does nothing but jerk each other off and scream that the sky is falling. They do nothing to change anything or even to prepare for what is coming. A bunch of helpless victims. If you are a victim now, then you will still be a victim when the shit hits the fan.

Many of you think that The End Of The World As We Know It is just around the corner. How many of you have a few guns and at least 2000 rounds of ammunition? How many of you have a 6 month supply of food in your house, right now?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Maker55 wrote:
publicduende wrote:Yeah, too bad that, as the market gets overcrowded with offer, law of diminishing returns apply. I would understand one builds an actual service rendered via a web site or application. Attempts to monetise blogs, forums and online contents based on traffic alone equates to being at the complete mercy of whatever Google Ads and their brothers are willing to pay at any one time. As a business model, it's one doomed to rapid inflation and failure.

Well, it depends what big businesses are selling. Even a million blogs selling their readers' eyeballs to Adsense will never replace industrial bakeries and car makers. All I am advocating is to use the online world as an outlet to sell real products, or intangibles that can help people's lives, like software or personal services, or simply inspire them, such as media and art.

The law of diminishing returns is at work on the ever-growing number of sites that try to monetise web traffic. The only people currently making some money are those who sell books and "methods" on how to effortlessly make that kind of passive income. In the near future, not even they will.
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

Devil Dog wrote:Banal generality. Please refer us to your websites where you are making money.

Among the posters in this thread, is there one person who has a website which makes him at least $100 per month? Speak up.

The HA Looney Tune Cadre does nothing but jerk each other off and scream that the sky is falling. They do nothing to change anything or even to prepare for what is coming. A bunch of helpless victims. If you are a victim now, then you will still be a victim when the shit hits the fan.

Many of you think that The End Of The World As We Know It is just around the corner. How many of you have a few guns and at least 2000 rounds of ammunition? How many of you have a 6 month supply of food in your house, right now?
Most of the guys here are manginas who have no interest in change. Their interest is in coming here to whine and moan, and enjoying the company of others who do the same. Happier Abroad is one big mangina party. That's what i've learned in my short time here.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

clowny wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:Banal generality. Please refer us to your websites where you are making money.

Most of the guys here are manginas who have no interest in change. Their interest is in coming here to whine and moan, and enjoying the company of others who do the same. Happier Abroad is one big mangina party. That's what i've learned in my short time here.
Clowny, it's true there are a few moaners and they're usually quite vocal, perhaps due to the gargantuan amount of spare time at their disposal. If you could be bothered to dig deeper in the current and historical posts, you will find there are quite a few great people: genuine expats, navigated travelers, alternative thinkers etc. Leaning too hard on the conspiracy theory du jour and getting all paranoid about it (and blaming it on Evil Feminists) is excessive, but that the world as we know it is slowly swirling down like a turd in a flushing toilet, it's a self-evident reality.

I have followed your replies on this thread and sympathise with you, as I share most of your views. Yet, I don't think labelling the entire HA as a "mangina party" does justice to all the good and balanced posters.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

publicduende wrote:
Maker55 wrote:
publicduende wrote:Yeah, too bad that, as the market gets overcrowded with offer, law of diminishing returns apply. I would understand one builds an actual service rendered via a web site or application. Attempts to monetise blogs, forums and online contents based on traffic alone equates to being at the complete mercy of whatever Google Ads and their brothers are willing to pay at any one time. As a business model, it's one doomed to rapid inflation and failure.

Well, it depends what big businesses are selling. Even a million blogs selling their readers' eyeballs to Adsense will never replace industrial bakeries and car makers. All I am advocating is to use the online world as an outlet to sell real products, or intangibles that can help people's lives, like software or personal services, or simply inspire them, such as media and art.

The law of diminishing returns is at work on the ever-growing number of sites that try to monetise web traffic. The only people currently making some money are those who sell books and "methods" on how to effortlessly make that kind of passive income. In the near future, not even they will.
Of course man, you need real value and solve people's problems through helpful products but adsense when used in conjunction with helpful content and products is a winner.

Yeah, you shouldn't just rely on adsense.

I sell ebooks and services on mine.

Every problem is a product and people from all fields and sectors in life come to the internet to find solutions to their problems.

More and more people go online to buy products now and there are at least 2 billion people on the internet at one time.
Last edited by Maker55 on February 21st, 2013, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Devil Dog wrote:
Maker55 wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Maker55 wrote:

Smart man.

Banal generality. Please refer us to your websites where you are making money.

Yes, yes, yes for god's sake man.

I have published 5 books online and they are all selling.

Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

publicduende wrote:
clowny wrote:

Clowny, it's true there are a few moaners and they're usually quite vocal, perhaps due to the gargantuan amount of spare time at their disposal. If you could be bothered to dig deeper in the current and historical posts, you will find there are quite a few great people: genuine expats, navigated travelers, alternative thinkers etc. Leaning too hard on the conspiracy theory du jour and getting all paranoid about it (and blaming it on Evil Feminists) is excessive, but that the world as we know it is slowly swirling down like a turd in a flushing toilet, it's a self-evident reality.

I have followed your replies on this thread and sympathise with you, as I share most of your views. Yet, I don't think labelling the entire HA as a "mangina party" does justice to all the good and balanced posters.
I agree that there are some excellent posters on HA, particularly the ones who have some actual experience abroad.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I'm not making money via adsense. There are no price fluctuations in my business model.

I have enough in savings to go abroad for some time right now, especially if I were to couchsurf or work on a farm or something. But I'll only do that if SHTF. I'll go abroad eventually. I've been overseas with family a few times. I have a lot of time to post here since I dropped out, so that's how I have 800 posts since I joined in November. Before finding Happier Abroad I was considering exploring the American South/West by car since it's better than Jersey.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

clowny wrote:

Where do get off saying something so stupid as what you just wrote? The fact is: You've contributed NO useful answers here.

YOU'RE the one who keeps whining and moaning.

So SHUT THE F.UCK UP, and THINK before you shoot off your mouth like a f.ucking idiot.

BTW you did not answer my question of whether you're female or not. You sure talk like one.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

publicduende wrote:
clowny wrote:

I have followed your replies on this thread and sympathise with you, as I share most of your views.
It figures. You're actually one of the worst posters here.
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

WiseTruth wrote:
clowny wrote:

Where do get off saying something so stupid as what you just wrote? The fact is: You've contributed NO useful answers here.

So SHUT THE F.UCK UP, and THINK before you shoot off your mouth like a f.ucking idiot.

BTW you did not answer my question of whether you're female or not. You sure talk like one.
Right..I challenged your extremist point of view, so I must be female? Actually, MOST PEOPLE, male or female, would just laugh at you and probably think you're crazy if you told them face to face what you've said in this thread. Your views are extremist..most people would not agree with them. Do you understand? On top of that, your posts are becoming more and more deranged. It's kind of obvious you have serious issues.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

clowny wrote:
WiseTruth wrote:
clowny wrote:

Right..I challenged your extremist point of view, so I must be female?
That's not a denial.
Actually, MOST PEOPLE, male or female, would just laugh at you and probably think you're crazy if you told them face to face what you've said in this thread. Your views are extremist..most people would not agree with them. Do you understand? On top of that, your posts are becoming more and more deranged. It's kind of obvious you have serious issues.
Very typical of your kind: attacking my sanity, with charges that I'm "deranged" with "serious issues." If the west today weren't so screwed up, what I say wouldn't seem so extreme. You seem worried what 'most people' think. I don't care if most people don't agree, and neither should you. You don't have to like, or follow what I say. At least I said something, which is more than you've ever contributed here.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

All right Clowny and WiseTruth, let's respect each other and resolve our differences, or else I might have to take more serious action with you two. We can disagree without engaging in personal attacks.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Maker55 wrote:Yes, yes, yes for god's sake man.

I have published 5 books online and they are all selling.
OK now you got me curious. Care to share a couple of links?

Return to “General Discussions”