Affiliate marketing

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
J Fever
Freshman Poster

Affiliate marketing

Post by J Fever »

Hi Guys

Any advice and/or insight you guys can provide on affiliate marketing? Good affiliate networks, products to sell, SEO tactics, traffic generation?

Thans in advance!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Forget SEO. The point of the search engines is to replicate human behavior. As the search engines get better and better SEO becomes less relevant. That's because SEO keeps trying to figure out how to game an increasingly complex system. Just assume the search engines have reached their goal and have a perfect artificial intelligence. How do you rank under those conditions? Give something of value. Namely, write good content. Google tracks what users do when the look at a website, when they click, how long they stay there, what pages they look at, etc. So if you want people to stay on your site give them valuable content the want to stay around to read. You aren't writing webpages to do well for Google's machine, but for people who you want to come to the site. That's because the whole point of Google's search engine is to replicate human behavior. It helps to market a product you have at least something of an interest in yourself.

That said, there are certain things you can do for your site. Find keywords with a good supply/demand ratio and use them in your web content. Don't get thousands of low quality links, but fewer high value and relevant ones. For affiliates, the obvious place to look is Clickbank. I try to find high value affiliates because the profit margin is better. A good rule of thumb is that it's easier to sell a more expensive product to fewer people than it is to sell an inexpensive product to more people. So I go for $100 or more and at least a 50% commission.

Also, read this: www.sitesell.com
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Affiliate marketing is hard work.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.