DO something about it.

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

DO something about it.

Post by Jester »

Intolerant wrote:
Rather than complaining about something 24/7, do something about it. For instance, Winston has been complaining about Taiwan for years about how he can't pick up girls there, and people have been telling him for YEARS to pack his bags and go to China. It's called 'happier abroad' for a reason.

Sitting on your a** all day as a keyboard warrior isn't going to solve anything
by itself.
For the sake of my own lazy, whiny ass, I am going to bump this post of Intolerant's every time I come to this site. A little look in the mirror.
:evil:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: DO something about it.

Post by Jester »

magnum wrote:You do something about it.

I have yet to rid my self of the loneliness, but life is far better while attempting to fix it and working to fix it, than just reflecting on it.

Trust me, I waited years suffering, just pick a date to start fixing it and go, and never stop, at least don't take any steps back, always move forward to your goal.

I'm here in china, didn't get a single date, but I'm a better person for what I've seen and experienced, trust me, life isn't worth living unless you live it, simply existing is no way to live.
Yeah.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, I hope more guys here can follow my example and actually take action if their life is boring.

I was a cubicle slave, now I am in China and having the most interesting life imaginable. Every day incredible things happen.

So stop discussing which country has the hottest women, and whether you'll only date perfect 10's. Come here (or elsewhere) and see the country and the women with your own eyes!

On Saturday I will set my record for the most time I've ever spent outside the UK. Do I miss it? Not a bit!

One word of warning I'll have - don't change your life too fast. It took me a year from deciding to come here, to actually arriving here. I'm glad I did things in stages, otherwise it would have done too much psychological damage.

Also don't burn your bridges back home, my Uncle told me this (e.g. don't sell your house unless you have to). And be VERY careful with your money.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I am from the American side but I am currently doing IT support. Of course a cubicle, serving people who should know how to solve these simple PC issues. I have thought about options to work abroad but it seems to me in China, I have to either go back to school or to become a teacher. Of course I would like to do IT but I would either have to open a business in IT or IT consulting.

I agree to leave on good terms with people. Also I have about 2 years to go back to work for IT jobs in the US govt if it does not work out. I really was getting used to Europe as well and I see that I need to find a way to get back to work.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OK --- Today's "bump" -- after receiving input in a PM from an HA-Patriate -- my current plan:
....Latin culture is different than Anglo... but not different enough. I will use LA for what it is good for: legal residency and second passport.

I will go to Asia (1) to find easy, gentle companionship, (2) to make money; and (3) to get fit.

After that, I will consider bride-finding in the FSU. Or just stay put. We'll see.

-Jester
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:Yeah, I hope more guys here can follow my example and actually take action if their life is boring.

I was a cubicle slave, now I am in China and having the most interesting life imaginable. Every day incredible things happen.

So stop discussing which country has the hottest women, and whether you'll only date perfect 10's. Come here (or elsewhere) and see the country and the women with your own eyes!

On Saturday I will set my record for the most time I've ever spent outside the UK. Do I miss it? Not a bit!
You can say that again. And please do!
xiongmao wrote: One word of warning I'll have - don't change your life too fast. It took me a year from deciding to come here, to actually arriving here. I'm glad I did things in stages, otherwise it would have done too much psychological damage.
Yes I agree a man does need a plan. What do you think of mine?
xiongmao wrote: Also don't burn your bridges back home.....
aozora13 wrote:....I agree to leave on good terms with people.
I fully agree with you guys. Going to have my past taxes etc. all clean before going.
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

For those guys unable to move abroad, my advice is to use the Internet to find a foreign woman through dating sites.

Before choosing your country / dating agency you need to think what your about the long term logistics. How easy could she move to your country, visa etc, is it common for women from her country to move to your country etc?

For men in the UK / Western Europe, there are no movement restrictions visas required for any EU national. As such you should look to countries in Eastern Europe for a woman.

Once you have built a relationship with someone who you think is right for you, she will expect you to visit her in her home country. It's unlikely that any respectable woman will just jump on a plane and come and visit you first.

I realise that the above will take some time and effort on your part, but remember how much time and money you have spent on western woman in the past only for them to treat you like dirt.
Robin Hood.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I tried online dating, but chatting to women > going to Asia for a fortnight > meeting them was just not gonna work - I'm too picky!

So coming here for a year or three is the best approach.

Also bear in mind that Asian women can rarely travel to your country on their own, so you have to visit them.

Online dating is also full of scammers, whereas when you're on the ground here then that's a level of problem that you can cut right out.

Another good piece of advice - choose the country with the hottest women (in your opinion) and stick to it. Then learn the language, chat to many ladies from that country and you'll be able to spot the scammers from the good ladies. For instance there are only 5-6 different types of Chinese girl, and I can soon learn to recognise which type I'm chatting to.

Good luck!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Why does the HA forum look the way it is now? In fact, there are plenty of successful guys here who aren't complaining, but many of them tend not to be very vocal (just look at viewtopic.php?t=10859 ). How come?

Naturally, the guys who are having fun abroad are spending most of their time, well, having fun abroad. They're NOT complaining endlessly in front of the computer, simply because they're being more practical (read Momopi's posts for more info). We've got plenty of guys like:
  • SkateboardStephen (Brazil)
    ***JP*** (Lithuania)
    Mark Davis (Ukraine)
    AmericanInMexico (Mexico)
    OutWest (Philippines)
    Jackal (Hungary)
    GuitarGuy (India)
    Noog (Philippines)
    Steve Neese (Peru)
    Steve Hoca (Philippines)
    Mguy (Colombia, Guatemala)
    Repatriate (Thailand)
    Monkro (Taiwan)
    Jacare (China)

And many, MANY others
who are having the times of their lives outisde the American matrix. Thus, they don't have much time to troll the web with their anguish. I mean, just look at all those countries listed above!

Now, naturally, the guys who sit at home all depressed use up their energy by complaining online. They have more time to complain simply because they're not using that time to do something truly productive. As a result, they tend to be the much more vocal crowd. Vice versa: The folks doing truly productive things don't have the time to complain endlessly on forums. Hence the appearance of this forum.

After all, what you decide to do with your time is entirely up to you. :D
Last edited by Falcon on February 28th, 2013, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intolerant
Freshman Poster

Post by Intolerant »

If I have enough money saved up from my investments in real estate, I'd have to find a way to move somewhere else in the world. I've already just paid off my debt and I despise any form of wage slavery.

Some people are obstinate and refuse to listen to advice and think it's some kind of trolling. Rather than spending time complaining, plan to expat out of the country.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:Why does the HA forum look the way it is now? In fact, there are plenty of successful guys here who aren't complaining, but many of them tend not be very vocal (just look at viewtopic.php?t=10859 ). How come?

Naturally, the guys who are having fun abroad are spending most of their time, well, having fun abroad. They're NOT complaining endlessly in front of the computer, simply because they're being more practical (read Momopi's posts for more info). We've got plenty of guys like:
  • SkateboardStephen (Brazil)
    ***JP*** (Lithuania)
    Mark Davis (Ukraine)
    AmericanInMexico (Mexico)
    OutWest (Philippines)
    Jackal (Hungary)
    GuitarGuy (India)
    Noog (Philippines)
    Steve Neese (Peru)
    Steve Hoca (Philippines)
    Mguy (Colombia, Guatemala)
    Repatriate (Thailand)
    Monkro (Taiwan)
    Jacare (China)

And many, MANY others
who are having the times of their lives outisde the American matrix. Thus, they don't have much time to troll the web with their anguish. I mean, just look at all those countries!

Now, naturally, the guys who sit at home all depressed use up their energy by complaining online. They have more time to complain simply because they're not using that time to do something truly productive. As a result, they tend to be the much more vocal crowd. Vice versa: The folks doing truly productive things don't have the time to complain endlessly on forums. Hence the appearance of this forum.

After all, what you decide to do with your time is entirely up to you. :D
+1

And Falcon is getting ready to fly the coop, too!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: DO something about it.

Post by Jester »

Jester wrote:
Intolerant wrote:
Rather than complaining about something 24/7, do something about it.... It's called 'happier abroad' for a reason.

Sitting on your a** all day as a keyboard warrior isn't going to solve anything
by itself.

For the sake of my own lazy, whiny a**, I am going to bump this post of Intolerant's every time I come to this site. A little look in the mirror.
:evil:

OK today's status:

Informed my mother, sister, son I will be leaving. Told gf I will be traveling in the coming months (she already knows and expects..., may visit...)

Set a tentative date for late May, after youngest son's graduation.
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Post by skeptic »

I'm only wondering how come there are so many Chinatowns (in NYC alone about eight neighborhoods qualify as such), Koreatowns, etc. I'm wondering how come I still hear perfect Russian from younger people on the streets of New York. By the way, Russian-speaking immigration nowadays is far from being exclusively Jewish (which it was 15+ years ago); instead, there are plenty of ethnic Ukranians, Kazakhs, Uzbeks, etc. So, if all those countries are really so nice and livable and America is really so shitty, I'm just wondering what prompts these people to move here.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

skeptic wrote:I'm only wondering how come there are so many Chinatowns (in NYC alone about eight neighborhoods qualify as such), Koreatowns, etc. I'm wondering how come I still hear perfect Russian from younger people on the streets of New York. By the way, Russian-speaking immigration nowadays is far from being exclusively Jewish (which it was 15+ years ago); instead, there are plenty of ethnic Ukranians, Kazakhs, Uzbeks, etc. So, if all those countries are really so nice and livable and America is really so shitty, I'm just wondering what prompts these people to move here.
The immigrants who come to this country usually have been brainwashed by the "American Dream" propaganda, or are coming from awful, Third World countries--where any place looks better than their home nations. Have you noticed how rarely Europeans or Japanese are immigrating to the United States, nowadays? That's because they know the U.S. is a joke and there are far better countries out there, than the U.S. of Gay. As for Koreans, I don't understand why they come here, when S. Korea is a far better country imo, than the United States?
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Post by skeptic »

South Korea is within too uncomfortable proximity to North Korea. And in what way is it better than America anyway? As for China, is it a third world country? Probably not. And if it was so great to live there, we wouldn't have had so many Chinatowns.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.

Return to “Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons”