I might have found my Sweetheart :D

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

zacb, I didn't want to jump on the cynical bandwagon, alongside Lone Yakuza and clowny, but I do realize that at your age, I once fell for a gal, who was into spirituality and prayer. Well ... let's just say that it didn't end well. BTW, this woman already had a green card (from her parents) and thus, wasn't fishing for a visa. Instead, to my surprise, she was clandestinely fishing for an investment banker but kept it under wraps. Proceed with caution, good luck.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I might have found my Sweetheart :D

Post by Cornfed »

zacb wrote:I don;t want to jump the gun, but I have been talking with this one girl, and she is a gem.
What are you bringing to the table in this relationship? Do you have money, social status or family connections?
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Scammer or not, better to have the experience while young, without much to lose, than the stories you read where someone doesn't find out they've gotten with the wrong person until after 10 years of marriage and he discovers kid numbers two and four are not his.
So, yeah, good luck, Zacb. 8)
Last edited by Teal Lantern on February 28th, 2013, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
XJBrave
Freshman Poster

Post by XJBrave »

What I found to be a good way to filter girls is to impose goals on them. Tell them that they need to finish a certain degree or get a job with a certain amount of pay for you to be serious about the relationship. This forces the girl to bring something to the relationship and forces them to invest their energy and time for you. The gold and green diggers will start abandoning ship after this. And I don't think doing this is materialistic because it is simply testing girl for her heart.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Go and live in her country is the best way to check her out.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Voice of Reason wrote:
zacb wrote:I would highly suggest hi5 for those looking for dates. I have had a lot of attention on there. :D
I would highly suggest keeping quiet about good places/sites to meet women...HA is a high traffic forum, and you don't want the cow to become milked dry.

But good on you anyway! Where is she from?
She is from Quezon City. She also mentioned she is currently in college for IT. She is going for her bachelors, which she will be done with this year.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

xiongmao wrote:Go and live in her country is the best way to check her out.
I was also considering that too. I was thinking of maybe having an extended vacation there (maybe a month or so at a time). And what I meant by found the one is not per se marriage, which is possible, but more of a girlfriend. I might have overreacted in my wording. I maybe should have said found a date or something like that. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Like I said, I don't want to rush anything yet. First I want to see her before committing to anything.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

zacb wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
zacb wrote:I would highly suggest hi5 for those looking for dates. I have had a lot of attention on there. :D
I would highly suggest keeping quiet about good places/sites to meet women...HA is a high traffic forum, and you don't want the cow to become milked dry.

But good on you anyway! Where is she from?
She is from Quezon City. She also mentioned she is currently in college for IT. She is going for her bachelors, which she will be done with this year.
looks like you found yourself a decent gir
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Grats on finding what could be your love.

Mind pming me the website you mentioned, I'd be interested in trying it out!

more than a few sites have that name!
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

clowny wrote:
1. Associating oneself with the most highly sophisticated and elaborate criminal syndicate in human history (The Church of Christ) does not give somebody a better chance of "having some common decency". It just means they are brainwashed, and/or not very smart. In this case, it could mean neither; it may just be part of her facade. Some of the biggest scumbags and scoundrels I have ever met in my life were people who identified themselves as christian. Well, that's hardly surprising.
I guess I missed the part where zacb's girlfriend is a religious zealot. I would likely think, that with 5+ months of chatting, that religion has come up and the two of them know where they stand and if there are comfortable with each others beliefs.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Yeah, we have talked somewhat. She is Baptist (which is fine) and I am leaning toward Quakerism, but I am not for certain about that. I am all for a personal religion (relationship with God), but I just have a problem with the churches. Technically, they are not even theologically correct, but I guess it comes down to your own personal view on the matter. So as far as basics, yeah we agree, but some of the theology might be different. Anyways.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

zacb wrote:...She also mentioned she is currently in college for IT...
So... she's fat.

And she's probably an asexual tomboy/lesbo/feminist to have chosen IT.

Don't settle.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

zacb, I suggest you test her. If she still has an online profile, have another guy contact her online and have him pretend to be rich. See how she reacts. That should answer any doubts.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:Go and live in her country is the best way to check her out.
Yes.

WITHOUT legal marriage. And using condoms.

If that's against your morals, fine, good for you. Then just visit and don't have sex. Then go home and think it over.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

fschmidt wrote:zacb, I suggest you test her. If she still has an online profile, have another guy contact her online and have him pretend to be rich. See how she reacts. That should answer any doubts.
I am more than happy to play the role of the rich guy...I can be a smooth talker ;)