Women want to try out for the NFL

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny
Freshman Poster

Women want to try out for the NFL

Post by Johnny »

marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

wow, what a joke. Feminism has just gotten way too far now. It's bad enough that they have women's sports but now this? She wouldn't last a day in the NFL anyway. One tackle and she's done....and of course she'll try to sue because she's a woman. Who's stupid idea was it to even potentially give her a tryout? I think they probably just did that only because she's a woman. She's nowhere near qualified, not even for a tryout. :roll:

As each year goes by, our women become more and more like men... :shock:
Say goodbye to the feminine females of the western world... :shock:
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

marklambo wrote:As each year goes by, our women become more and more like men... :shock:
Say goodbye to the feminine females of the western world... :shock:
+9999

As I mentioned before, the only way to win is to date younger (18 to 24) or to opt out of the dating scene altogether. Western cuntbags will stop at nothing until they are literally holding the monopoly of the Y-chromosome in their grimy hands.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I don't see this as necessarily bad. It does seem pretty affirmative action/publicity stuntlike, though. That'd be like me walking up to the NFL and being like "Hey I can deadlift a lot, and I showed up to some powerlifting meets before, and it'd be sweet to play in the NFL" If a woman wants to play a sport, whatever, let her, as long as the conditions she's meeting are the same as for a man who wants to do the same task. I'm OK with equality, just not modern feminist equality of having the privileges of being a woman and the benefits of being a man at the same time. This definitely does seem publicity stunt/affirmative-actiony, though.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

It would be quite entertaining to see these women get run over by a 6'5" 280 pound tackle. We'll see if they still feel like they are "equal" after that!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

onethousandknives wrote:I don't see this as necessarily bad. It does seem pretty affirmative action/publicity stuntlike, though. That'd be like me walking up to the NFL and being like "Hey I can deadlift a lot, and I showed up to some powerlifting meets before, and it'd be sweet to play in the NFL" If a woman wants to play a sport, whatever, let her, as long as the conditions she's meeting are the same as for a man who wants to do the same task. I'm OK with equality, just not modern feminist equality of having the privileges of being a woman and the benefits of being a man at the same time. This definitely does seem publicity stunt/affirmative-actiony, though.
I understand your point but look at her, she's tiny and skinny. She's just not fit for the NFL. It's just silly for her to even think she can make it. She's just another feminist trying to prove that she can do what men can do.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

marklambo wrote:
onethousandknives wrote:I don't see this as necessarily bad. It does seem pretty affirmative action/publicity stuntlike, though. That'd be like me walking up to the NFL and being like "Hey I can deadlift a lot, and I showed up to some powerlifting meets before, and it'd be sweet to play in the NFL" If a woman wants to play a sport, whatever, let her, as long as the conditions she's meeting are the same as for a man who wants to do the same task. I'm OK with equality, just not modern feminist equality of having the privileges of being a woman and the benefits of being a man at the same time. This definitely does seem publicity stunt/affirmative-actiony, though.
I understand your point but look at her, she's tiny and skinny. She's just not fit for the NFL. It's just silly for her to even think she can make it. She's just another feminist trying to prove that she can do what men can do.
She's trying out to be a kicker. Kickers tend to be fairly small and skinny by NFL standards, and they don't play on the field at the same time as everyone else, just go in when kicking. So I mean, under those conditions, I'm sure she could fulfill the task and probably not die/get injured, as it's a light position (though very technical one) but the idea of "well hey, I'm really good at soccer, let's try out to be an NFL kicker" and then the NFL possibly taking her on as an affirmative action/PR stunt does sort of irk me. I mean she said herself she's only started training to be a football kicker in the past few months. The article compared her to Danica Patrick, but Danica Patrick had to put in a ton of work to get where she is today, and she's actually a very skilled driver. She's been racing go-karts since age 10 and even moved to UK to race when she was 16. She had to sacrifice a lot to get where she is. Whereas this girl here is just, as she said herself "taking advantage of an opportunity."

I have utmost respect for female athletes, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRSPuxOXqo4
That's Lydia Valentin, my favorite female Olympic lifter. She was a gymnast as a kid, lots of ex-gymnasts become Olympic lifters when they get too big. I like her because even though she's strong, she's still feminine and seems to have a happy personality about her. And plus she lifts more than I probably ever lift in my life.

One thing that does irk me in talks of female athletes, though, is males are better athletes at basically everything, and this is purely biological. People say things like "well if women had more opportunities blah blah" and that's all crap. In figure skating, it's only the men that can do quad jumps. Why? Because they're the only ones with the athleticism to do it. The ratio of female to male figure skaters is probably like 10:1, and yet males are still performing technically better. I mean it's not to diminish female athletic accomplishments, but all things equal a male will perform better athletically.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

onethousandknives wrote:
marklambo wrote:
She's trying out to be a kicker. Kickers tend to be fairly small and skinny by NFL standards, and they don't play on the field at the same time as everyone else, just go in when kicking. So I mean, under those conditions, I'm sure she could fulfill the task and probably not die/get injured, as it's a light position (though very technical one) but the idea of "well hey, I'm really good at soccer, let's try out to be an NFL kicker" and then the NFL possibly taking her on as an affirmative action/PR stunt does sort of irk me. I mean she said herself she's only started training to be a football kicker in the past few months. The article compared her to Danica Patrick, but Danica Patrick had to put in a ton of work to get where she is today, and she's actually a very skilled driver. She's been racing go-karts since age 10 and even moved to UK to race when she was 16. She had to sacrifice a lot to get where she is. Whereas this girl here is just, as she said herself "taking advantage of an opportunity."

I have utmost respect for female athletes, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRSPuxOXqo4
That's Lydia Valentin, my favorite female Olympic lifter. She was a gymnast as a kid, lots of ex-gymnasts become Olympic lifters when they get too big. I like her because even though she's strong, she's still feminine and seems to have a happy personality about her. And plus she lifts more than I probably ever lift in my life.

One thing that does irk me in talks of female athletes, though, is males are better athletes at basically everything, and this is purely biological. People say things like "well if women had more opportunities blah blah" and that's all crap. In figure skating, it's only the men that can do quad jumps. Why? Because they're the only ones with the athleticism to do it. The ratio of female to male figure skaters is probably like 10:1, and yet males are still performing technically better. I mean it's not to diminish female athletic accomplishments, but all things equal a male will perform better athletically.
Valid points but I guess I'm more oldschool. There's a reason why men usually perform better. Men are born with testosterone, muscle, strength, etc for a reason. This is why I see it silly for women to try to get involved with men's activities. It really makes the woman so much less feminine and unattractive. Western women are always out there to try to prove a useless point.

Race car driving and playing an active sport are completely different. Different amounts of strength and muscle groups are used. Yes, of course muscle is involved in race car driving too, due to the fact that the cars do not have power steering, etc but completely different than playing a regular sport such as football. If she wants to play football, then maybe she should just try out for a woman's football league instead.

I don't think she should be in the NFL. Imagine the awkwardness of her having to share the locker room with a bunch of guys. It's also a liability issue for the NFL because I'm sure she can find a way to easily sue for sexual harassment and easily win. It' just a bad business decision overall in my opinion.
Private Investment Club

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

onethousandknives wrote:I have utmost respect for female athletes, though.
Female athletes are a joke. They get to steal careers from superior men just because they have a vagina, much like all other women in non-menial jobs.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

onethousandknives wrote:She's trying out to be a kicker. Kickers tend to be fairly small and skinny by NFL standards, and they don't play on the field at the same time as everyone else, just go in when kicking. So I mean, under those conditions, I'm sure she could fulfill the task and probably not die/get injured, as it's a light position (though very technical one) but the idea of "well hey, I'm really good at soccer, let's try out to be an NFL kicker" and then the NFL possibly taking her on as an affirmative action/PR stunt does sort of irk me.
I'll believe it, when she can do a 40 yard kick, no-wind day, right down the middle. Until then, she's an "Iceman" Vinatieri dreamer.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
onethousandknives wrote:I have utmost respect for female athletes, though.
Female athletes are a joke. They get to steal careers from superior men just because they have a v****a, much like all other women in non-menial jobs.
Well, they don't steal careers in sports from men, but they have stolen a lot of college scholarships, thanks to Title IX, which mandates that every American school that receives federal aid (virtually all of them) is required to make athletic scholarships proportionate to the percentage of men and women in the school. If a school is 57 percent women, as most of them are now, at least, then 57 percent of the scholarships have to go to women. As a consequence, a number of men's sports teams have been cut out, and women's sports created, whether or not there is any demand for them. Look at the list of sports for most any college and you'll see three or four more women's teams than men's. And you even have situations where alums have offered to fund dropped men's teams, but the school won't allow it because their federally mandated proportionality would be thrown off and the school would become vulnerable to suits from women.

Absolute insanity.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Contact sports I'll disagree with, ... but tennis, swimming, gymnastics, track & field, basketball, netball, volleyball etc I like to watch the women play & compete. I would encourage little girls to be atlethic & sporty ... it's better they're toned, coordinated & active than fat & sloppy.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

she didn't make the cut. It just got out. She said it was because of an injury :roll:
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Dark_Sol wrote:she didn't make the cut. It just got out. She said it was because of an injury :roll:
She couldn't even kick a 20 yard field goal. I don't know about you, but that's not even high school varsity material, nevermind NFL. I mean by junior year, 20-35 yards was rather "normal" for a varsity kicker from HSs in my area.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

lolwut, 20 yards?!