Updates from Winston's Return to the Philippines!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is my hotel receptionist in Angeles city. Doesnt her face look so sweet, cheerful and easygoing? That's the classic Filipina vibe. Lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:
So, what I am aiming at is that the mentality of the Filipinos is still very Eastern, Hindu-Buddhist-like as well as their behavior and even though they are nominally Catholic, in 80-90 percent of cases, their patterns of behavior are not like those of Italians or Spaniards or the Irish. There is no religious intolerance, there is no deep guilt and other such characteristics. They behave very much like Thais or Cambodians or Balinese. That was my point.
Sounds relaxing, soothing to the soul.

:D
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

publicduende wrote:And he will continue to put that down to the Universe of Mr. Murphy being fiercely against him.
Haha

Not "The Truman Show".... an unwitting character in a TV reality show produced by a conspiratorial network

"The WINSTON Show".... same thing, but self-produced.

We all do it to some extent. (But now I am channeling Maker55...)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:repost
:lol:

:oops:

Yeah well maybe my soul NEEDS soothing...

EuroBRAT!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote: Winston, Filipino's can't make Mexican! That doesn't look that great!
Dude you are so narrow and one dimensional. The owner of that place is an expat and down to earth black guy. I said that in an earlier update. The expat restaurants here are owned by expats. Duh. You need to come here first before you judge.

And yes it is delicious. The food tastes free of chemicals and feels wholesome. Plus, when you've been deprived of Mexican food for a whole year, any Mexican food tastes good. Duh.

My taste buds and stomach are happy with it. So why are you arguing senselessly? Your words don't change my tastes.
Because you don't know what you're talking about. I went and had Tacos this morning, this is what a California taco looks like.

Sorry but I'm always right for the sake of my ego. And no I'm not going to the Philippines for mexican food. The only thing I would go there for is filipina @ss.
Dude what is your problem? I've had tacos like that too. But that wasn't a taco in my photo. Duh. It was a tostado.

The point is, all the igredients were there. Mexican food is easy to make. It's not that hard and doesn't take much skill.

The point is, it tasted good, fresh and I liked it. So let me enjoy it. Why are you trying to debate this? A wise person wouldn't do that.

You are only right in your world. You can't try to prove that I didn't enjoy the Mexican food I ate in those photos. To try to do so would be insane and futile, and immature as well.

I've had great Mexican food in the US too. But this one hit the spot. I count my blessings and appreciate that any Mexican food at all in Asia should be appreciated since it is better than none and has all the flavors.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:I'm in Angeles City now. Today I met an expat in a Mexican joint called Crazy Burrito. It's really good and tastes like home made Mexican food. I highly recommend it. He turned out to be very knowledgeable in conspiracies and metaphysics. We talked for hours while going to various restaurants and bars. You should have heard some of our conversations. They were so deep and mind blowing. The guy's knowledge of conspiracies, metaphysics and alternative truth is equal to my own. It was amazing to meet this guy by chance. I've never met an expat like that before. I showed him my website too. He's British. We were both surprised to meet each other since we didn't know other expats like us existed in Angeles City. I guess the law of attraction brings similar people together.

One interesting thing he told me was that the most meaningful encounters happen by chance, not by making plans. When things go according to plan, the results tend to be boring. I guess that's true from my experience too. So like me, he's stopped making plans, and lives day by day instead. After all, since hardly anything goes according to plan anyway, why bother?

He had some great insights that are very mind blowing. Another thing he concluded is that everything exists in a probability field of pure potentiality, according to quantum physics. So one thing can be both true and untrue at the same time, depending on which layer you want to focus on. This applies to conspiracy theories too. A conspiracy theory can be true or untrue depending on which layer of reality you are looking at. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle says that reality doesn't manifest until it's observed. Otherwise it's just a wave of pure potentiality. Reality has many layers and each of us will see the truth we want in the layer that we want. This is why brilliant people see different things, because we are all focusing on a different layer of reality that is true within that layer. It's hard to explain what I mean, but this makes sense since different people see different things and have different experiences as if they were in a different universe or dimension or layer of reality.

He also agreed with me that marriage is a trap and doesn't lead to happiness. He said that a man who gets married eventually stops having sex with his wife, but he can't have sex with other women because he's married. So he's stuck and lives a sexless life with no variety. And all the money he earns goes toward paying for his daughter's pony riding lessons. It's a miserable existence, even though society says you should seek such a "normal stable sexless life devoid of freedom or variety". He was married before and knows this from experience.

AC has improved a lot. There's a lot more great eating places now. New Mexican places and Italian places. My new friend took me to a new Italian restaurant here. It was delicious and cheap too. I was impressed. AC has improved a lot in terms of food. Also, it doesn't seem as polluted as I remember it. Neither does Manila. I don't know why. Maybe I'm so glad to be back that my senses filter out the pollution? Or maybe I'm in a parallel universe. lol. It feels that way.

Btw, hey look! I'm back in action again! Wow I'm mesmerized in Angeles City. So many hot girls everywhere that want to go with me. Wow. It's unbelievable. I feel like a kid in a candy store. It's mesmerizing and surreal, and lots of fun too. It's so weird to be back here again after my long dry spell in Taiwan. I feel like a newbie here. Too many girls to choose from! I don't know what to do! lol. Here's a real cutie I met today. One of many. Her face is so cute and gorgeous huh? :)

Great post!

+1
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote: Dude what is your problem? I've had tacos like that too. But that wasn't a taco in my photo. Duh. It was a tostado. The point is, all the igredients were there. Mexican food is easy to make. It's not that hard and doesn't take much skill. The point is, it tasted good, fresh and I liked it. So let me enjoy it. Why are you trying to debate this? A wise person wouldn't do that. You are only right in your world. You can't try to prove that I didn't enjoy the Mexican food I ate in those photos. To try to do so would be insane and futile, and immature as well.

I've had great Mexican food in the US too. But this one hit the spot. I count my blessings and appreciate that any Mexican food at all in Asia should be appreciated since it is better than none and has all the flavors.
Yea but aren't there better culinary dishes to be had in the Philippines? Grilled squid maybe or BBQ...

How about some Thai, isn't there a lot of thai food around?
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote: Dude what is your problem? I've had tacos like that too. But that wasn't a taco in my photo. Duh. It was a tostado. The point is, all the igredients were there. Mexican food is easy to make. It's not that hard and doesn't take much skill. The point is, it tasted good, fresh and I liked it. So let me enjoy it. Why are you trying to debate this? A wise person wouldn't do that. You are only right in your world. You can't try to prove that I didn't enjoy the Mexican food I ate in those photos. To try to do so would be insane and futile, and immature as well.

Yea but aren't there better culinary dishes to be had in the Philippines? Grilled squid maybe or BBQ...

How about some Thai, isn't there a lot of thai food around?
Seriously?? Thai food hardly exists in AC and Manila. The Pampanga province is the only place that had good Pinoy/Filipino food IMHO. Very starchy, but very tasty. Jolibee's and a few whole-in-the-wall places had the best Filipino food, and it was fast food. Filipinos are best at making mean Filipino cakes among other sweets hence why I was blowing up weight wise (especially my gut in my p.orn vid). There's a burger place on the highway right by the SM Mall there where they make their burgers out of a trailer but they have sweet thousand island dressing that goes with the burgers. Margarita Station has the best eats in AC hands the f--- down. 24 hours a day from what I remembered.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

So what's the consensus on PI food anyway? I've heard such contradictory reports that I honestly have no clue anymore.

BTW Winston that Mexican food looks pretty good to me. I might just have to grab some Tex-Mex tonight...
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Winston wrote:This is my hotel receptionist in Angeles city. Doesnt her face look so sweet, cheerful and easygoing? That's the classic Filipina vibe. Lol

Oh, while I'm on the topic of public opinion, what's the consensus on Filipinas? It's really hard to get a read on things when not only do I see contradictory reports on the same forum, I see contradictory reports coming from the same person! (I won't name any names...)
Last edited by CerealKiller on March 5th, 2013, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

CerealKiller wrote:So what's the consensus on PI food anyway? I've heard such contradictory reports that I honestly have no clue anymore.

BTW Winston that Mexican food looks pretty good to me. I might just have to grab some Tex-Mex tonight...
Generally, if a restaurant is owned by a foreigner or is a foreign based trade-marked name then it will have higher quality food and service. If it's owned by a Filipino or Chinese/Filipino then there is a high probability the food will be over-priced, smaller portions, and lower quality. This is how you know what kind of food quality you will generally be having to choose from while in the Philippines. Always ask strange food places if its foreign owned if your not sure you want to eat there and can't tell if it's Filipino, usually you can though only in AC or other tourist cities you might not be able to tell.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

eurobrat wrote:Guy's we can make out his credit card numbers on this photo. I'm booking a ticket to the Philippines right now, thanks Winston for the treat!!! I'm also going to go shopping and go get myself some nice Island attire since all I own is European style clothing I don't think I would fit in very well with the Philippines.

Come on man are you this dumb to put a picture of your debit card on the internet in full sight? Do women take away your intelligence that much? She's not even that cute!
Hysterical! B of A is cancelling the debit card as we speak :)
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »