Trip to Germany

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

woodwater wrote:im sorry to disapoint you,but a german girl who lives here has juist told me youre just another american with an american view of the world, who hasnt the faintest idea of what germany really is like :o
W: Sorry to disappoint your friend, but a one liner denial does not prove or disprove anything. If she wants to claim that the report about Germany here is wrong, then why doesn't she come here and correct him on where she thinks he is flawed? Or send her report to you and have you post it here? She is just one person and a one sentence denier. I know some other German immigrants that could give their opinions too, would that cancel out this woman's credibility?

Next time, give reasons why you object to something to make them more valid. A one liner like "sorry but you're wrong" by itself doesn't mean anything and doesn't do anything.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

WWu777 wrote:
woodwater wrote:im sorry to disapoint you,but a german girl who lives here has juist told me youre just another american with an american view of the world, who hasnt the faintest idea of what germany really is like :o
W: Sorry to disappoint your friend, but a one liner denial does not prove or disprove anything. If she wants to claim that the report about Germany here is wrong, then why doesn't she come here and correct him on where she thinks he is flawed? Or send her report to you and have you post it here? She is just one person and a one sentence denier. I know some other German immigrants that could give their opinions too, would that cancel out this woman's credibility?

Next time, give reasons why you object to something to make them more valid. A one liner like "sorry but you're wrong" by itself doesn't mean anything and doesn't do anything.
and the report is by just one person,not many, and an american at that :wink:
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Well have her come on here and explain herself. I'd love to see and hear her viewpoint.

But give us some depth of understanding. "sorry you're just have an american viewpoint."
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

"and the report is by just one person,not many, and an american at that"

This shows the level sophistication in the thinking of someone who went through a 30th rate education
system here. He can't understand that one person can perceive objective facts that "many" others don't know about. Sophisticated thinking is foreign to him--he just never got much of an education. But I bet he's got a lot of self -esteem.

Non whites may not be accepted, but I think most of antagonism and what fuels the neo-nazis is the crime that the turks commit. I don't have any trouble with the sentiment that the turks should be kicked out-when they create trouble.
Eduard
Freshman Poster

Post by Eduard »

Winston, it shell be done!
Offering a very unique, personal matchmaking service. Tap into the pool of millions direct contact single Russian women outside of the usual agency circuit. Don't deal with scam any longer. Great results. Services offered: I help men create a pool of real, single, marriage minded Russian women with no agencies or middle man envolved. I help men to get to know these women, I travel to Russia and Ukraine with my clients. I also help with Interpreting, 3-way calls, K-1 help, consulting. My site: http://www.getrussianwife.com
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

woodwater wrote:
WWu777 wrote:

W: True but the report contains honest observations, insights, comparisons, specific examples, etc. Your "source" only says "He is wrong" and contains nothing else. Do you think that's supposed to impress anyone? Get real. What is her excuse, or yours, for not providing facts, reasons or details to support your thesis?

The western logical style of argument and presentation is:

- Introduction
- Thesis
- Body paragraphs containing reasons, arguments, examples, explanations, analogies, etc. in support of that thesis. And preferably, arguments against the antithesis.
- Conclusion
- Restate thesis

Can you or your source follow this form in presenting your views? Send her the link to this thread and see if she will.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

WWu777 wrote:
woodwater wrote:
WWu777 wrote:

W: True but the report contains honest observations, insights, comparisons, specific examples, etc. Your "source" only says "He is wrong" and contains nothing else. Do you think that's supposed to impress anyone? Get real. What is her excuse, or yours, for not providing facts, reasons or details to support your thesis?

The western logical style of argument and presentation is:

- Introduction
- Thesis
- Body paragraphs containing reasons, arguments, examples, explanations, analogies, etc. in support of that thesis. And preferably, arguments against the antithesis.
- Conclusion
- Restate thesis

Can you or your source follow this form in presenting your views? Send her the link to this thread and see if she will.
she is german hes not, and the fact he says germans are friendly and ready to make friendship tells me he knows nothing or met exceptions to the rule. Germans actually take their time to warm to somebody
Eduard
Freshman Poster

Post by Eduard »

I think generally no one can go to a foreign country without knowing the language of the country, spend a couple of weeks there and say that they "understand the people and culture there. Well, they can say that, but they are fooling themselves. I studied English in Russia since age 6 and have been living in the USA for 30 years, yet I still learn new words, expressions, cultural nuances every day to this day. And that's speaking fluent English, been married to an American woman for 15 years (thank god now I'm married to a Russian one :lol: ) and being in the US for 30 years.
It is simply ignorrance when someone thinks they truly understand the culture and the people of a country after spending a few weeks or even months there and having learned 20 or 30 words in their language.
One of my favorigte sayings is: "The more you know, the more you realise who little you know"
Offering a very unique, personal matchmaking service. Tap into the pool of millions direct contact single Russian women outside of the usual agency circuit. Don't deal with scam any longer. Great results. Services offered: I help men create a pool of real, single, marriage minded Russian women with no agencies or middle man envolved. I help men to get to know these women, I travel to Russia and Ukraine with my clients. I also help with Interpreting, 3-way calls, K-1 help, consulting. My site: http://www.getrussianwife.com
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

No I realize that I don't understand their culture. I was only there for 2 weeks.

I was in Bavaria. Southern Germany. That is supposedly much more friendlier than up north where people have a reputation for being cold. I 've also been told that the further south you go--Italy etc--it becomes even more friendly.

The fact is that the guy comes on here and makes one blanket statement: "I am not a german so I can't know anything." Ridiculous. I saw what I saw. I was there.
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

gmm567 wrote:No I realize that I don't understand their culture. I was only there for 2 weeks.

I was in Bavaria. Southern Germany. That is supposedly much more friendlier than up north where people have a reputation for being cold. I 've also been told that the further south you go--Italy etc--it becomes even more friendly.

The fact is that the guy comes on here and makes one blanket statement: "I am not a german so I can't know anything." Ridiculous. I saw what I saw. I was there.
i found bavarians brash, loud and with rude shopkeepers, in cologne they were nicer, 2 weeks is indeed too short, and you didnt live there.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Where did you go to the beer halls? That's where the lower one third in educational attainment hang out. The left side of bell curve is there.

I did't find them brash--very down to earth and polite. Most of the shopkeepers were very friendly and I saw the same level of customer service that I've seen in the US. By the way, you don't have to live there long to find out about customer service--2 weeks is enough. And you also don't have to be a german, either.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gmm567 is right. It only takes a few hours or even less to feel whether there is a friendly vibe or not. Sure two weeks is only enough to get a tourist view of things. But vibes are real and so is body language. When I am in a new country I immediately can sense from the vibe as to how friendly open or direct people are. Thus Gmm567 is qualified to say at least that.

woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

WWu777 wrote:Gmm567 is right. It only takes a few hours or even less to feel whether there is a friendly vibe or not. Sure two weeks is only enough to get a tourist view of things. But vibes are real and so is body language. When I am in a new country I immediately can sense from the vibe as to how friendly open or direct people are. Thus Gmm567 is qualified to say at least that.
my country has a friendly vibe..but try to get work here
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

so woodwater, you're a german?
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

gmm567 wrote:so woodwater, you're a german?
portuguese.
germany is a good place for work