I have decided...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

I have decided...

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

I have recently decided to visit Mexico for my post-Associate's vacation, and I have even more recently completed my passport application (expedited) and sent it in. Now I have decided on visiting Guadalajara. I just hope it isn't too dangerous.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Good luck to you in Mexico, The_Hero_of_Men. Keep us updated on your trip...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

No, Guadalajara is not dangerous at all, except for some of the poor slums on the outskirts. Don't let American propaganda fool you. They don't want you getting out of the matrix!

See this BBC documentary called "The Power of Nightmares." Fear is manufactured and exaggerated by governments in order to gain more control over people.

Best of luck on your trip! I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Re: I have decided...

Post by E_Irizarry »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I have recently decided to visit Mexico for my post-Associate's vacation, and I have even more recently completed my passport application (expedited) and sent it in. Now I have decided on visiting Guadalajara. I just hope it isn't too dangerous.
You should have gone through a 3rd party for the US passport, Hero Of Men. Now you will be waiting a month and a half to two months for your passport. When I had received mine, I went through a passport-expedition service. It cost $300 USD, but I literally had it in my hand 4 days later. I heard it's cheaper now due to less monopolized competition in that industry now.

I don't trust the direct way; it seems like they want to find the slightest reason to deny you a passport and keep your money. Sh.it I'd be dam.ned if that were to happen to me!!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

@E_Irizarry

I had no idea that Third Party passport obtaining companies existed. No offense bro, but doing your application and getting your passport in 4 days? Until I see evidence of one of these companies and that is part of their job, then I am unfortunately forced to call B.S. on your story. Feel free to PM me the name of this company you went through (and even if it exists, is it legit?) so I can research it on my own. I went through the County Clerk's office here in San Antonio instead of the Post office. I say all of that with the greatest respect.

@Falcon

I have a feeling that "All of Mexico is dangerous" bit is merely fear-mongering propaganda. Yes, there are areas that are dangerous, but 99.9% of dangerous areas and situations can be avoided with common sense and the necessary due diligence.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:@E_Irizarry

I had no idea that Third Party passport obtaining companies existed. No offense bro, but doing your application and getting your passport in 4 days? Until I see evidence of one of these companies and that is part of their job, then I am unfortunately forced to call B.S. on your story. Feel free to PM me the name of this company you went through (and even if it exists, is it legit?) so I can research it on my own. I went through the County Clerk's office here in San Antonio instead of the Post office. I say all of that with the greatest respect.

@Falcon

I have a feeling that "All of Mexico is dangerous" bit is merely fear-mongering propaganda. Yes, there are areas that are dangerous, but 99.9% of dangerous areas and situations can be avoided with common sense and the necessary due diligence.
I'm not offended by your ignorance. You're a cool dude. Even when we speak on IM. Here's the company...don't renege on the already due-process of your application; it's too late now. However, you still can research: www.rushmypassport.com
And their corresponding raves: https://www.google.com/products/seller? ... d=0CDsQwQY
They are the biggest shakers in that industry now. Hell, it used to be a Google AdSense ad on this site!!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

This is the off-season, he should get it in 90 days, I did.

Curious, why Mexico??? I like Mexico just wondering.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

djfourmoney wrote:This is the off-season, he should get it in 90 days, I did.

Curious, why Mexico??? I like Mexico just wondering.

To be honest, Mexico is literally right next door, and it's cheaper.

I got my passport expedited.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

djfourmoney wrote:Curious, why Mexico??? I like Mexico just wondering.
I'm wondering this, too, actually.. :)

You say you don't like to drink at all. | Mexico is all about drinking.

You don't like feminists. | Latina/Hispanic women are colder than American feminazis.

You're solely looking for a woman, but have chosen Guadalajara. | Guadalajara is the homosexual capital of Mexico. (expect lesbos)

You have the financial means to visit the Philippines. | You chose North America instead.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy your vacation, brother. :)
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Don't you live in Mexico?
Mexico is all about drinking.
Yes, cerveza is wildly popular in Mexico, but many family-oriented Mexicans still don't like it. The macho guys you see out the streets and bars don't represent everybody.
Latina/Hispanic women are colder than American feminazis.
No, obviously, this is absolutely not true unless you have an arrogant American attitude, don't groom and dress well, or refuse to learn Spanish. Nothing could be further from the truth.
You chose North America instead.
Mexico can be Central America or a Hispanic part of North America, depending on how you look at it. It's not Anglo North America at all. But it's so close to the U.S., and is much more affordable and convenient to get to, so why not?
Guadalajara is the homosexual capital of Mexico. (expect lesbos)
There is a gay scene among upper and middle-class urban Mexicans, but nowhere as visible as the gay scene in the U.S. or Europe. Guadalajara is still overwhelmingly straight.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Falcon wrote:Don't you live in Mexico?
Yes, cerveza is wildly popular in Mexico, but many family-oriented Mexicans still don't like it. The macho guys you see out the streets and bars don't represent everybody.
No, obviously, this is absolutely not true unless you have an arrogant American attitude, don't groom and dress well, or refuse to learn Spanish. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Mexico can be Central America or a Hispanic part of North America, depending on how you look at it. It's not Anglo North America at all. But it's so close to the U.S., and is much more affordable and convenient to get to, so why not?
There is a gay scene among upper and middle-class urban Mexicans, but nowhere as visible as the gay scene in the U.S. or Europe. Guadalajara is still overwhelmingly straight.
^Idiot.^

The_Hero_of_Men, once again, brother, enjoy your vacation! See Mexico for yourself. It's beautiful out here. It's just that, given your list of likes/dislikes and expectations, Mexico would have seemed like the polar opposite of what your are particularly and specifically looking for. That's all. Disregarding the terribly racist females here, Mexico is great!
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:^Idiot.^

The_Hero_of_Men, once again, brother, enjoy your vacation! See Mexico for yourself. It's beautiful out here. It's just that, given your list of likes/dislikes and expectations, Mexico would have seemed like the polar opposite of what your are particularly and specifically looking for. That's all. Disregarding the terribly racist females here, Mexico is great!
Everyone has different experiences and viewpoints of the "same" place or thing. Your experiences are yours, my experiences are mine. Not gonna make this a Winston vs. Rock kind of battle.

Anyways, you'll be sure to have a memorable trip. Be sure to try the Chinese restaurants in downtown Guadalajara too. :D
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
Falcon wrote:Don't you live in Mexico?
^Idiot.^

It would be less expensive to go to Mexico, since it is almost literally here in my backyard. For instance, a first class ticket to Mexico City from here costs half of the price of an economy class ticket to manila.

I guess when I get there, I will find out for sure.

Also, the term "Western" to me-- while it can refer to geographical location, it can also transcend geographical location and become a way of life; a collective (national) mindset.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Nooo. Guadalajara is anything but dangerous. I was there for five weeks back in 2007 and still to this day it's one of my favorite cities. It's not very touristy, plenty of beautiful girls, people are very friendly, there's Mariachi music, and it's very historical. You gonna love it. The picture you see of me that was Guadalajara.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

OTB wrote:Nooo. Guadalajara is anything but dangerous. I was there for five weeks back in 2007 and still to this day it's one of my favorite cities. It's not very touristy, plenty of beautiful girls, people are very friendly, there's Mariachi music, and it's very historical. You gonna love it. The picture you see of me that was Guadalajara.
This is why the American media shouldn't be listened to; I went out to the jungles of Colombia and didn't get f.ucked with. The perros callejeros (street dogs) were the most dangerous thing in South America because I'm a big dude that looks like a good week's worth of a feast for them.

Furthermore, South Americans (excluding Brazil and probably Guyana) don't use leashes for dogs there AND they cannot afford to raise a litter so they let them runamuck in the street hence developing wolf-like qualities of their parent species being predators on the streets.

I can do LiveLeak, RT, and other underground news sources. Even Telemundo and Univision are ZOG-funded now.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)