Stuff that white people like

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Lol. That list is a fairly accurate description of middle class white people. However, working class white people and truly upper class white people don't care about most of these things, so the list wouldn't apply to them very much.

Hey, I'm white and I've never even heard of Michel Gondry, Mos Def or Wes Anderson--maybe this is why I'm such a social outcast. And I don't want to be the only white person around; I want to be swimming in a sea of Eastern European beauties--even when I'm eating!
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

preferably with a naked woman as the plate, and the Eastern European beauties serving you food, and beer? lol
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

kristy_571 wrote:preferably with a naked woman as the plate, and the Eastern European beauties serving you food, and beer? lol
I'd like Eastern European beauties serving me food and beer while wearing medieval dresses with corsets and tightly-laced bodices which display their cleavage perfectly.

This gives you an idea:

However, I think this woman's corset is flattening her breasts instead of pushing them up and allowing them to "be all they can be". But it was the best pic of medieval cleavage that I could find at the moment.

I wouldn't want to use the naked woman as a plate though. I never found the idea of mixing food and sex very appealing. I wouldn't mind licking some red wine or champagne of a woman's nipples though. However, if women want to play around with long, smooth vegetables on their own time, I don't mind. ;)
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

Have you been to the renaissance fairs before? I've always wanted to dress up like the wench in the picture. The corset is sooo cute.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

The list's observation about how different styles of t-shirts reflect a person's social status was dead accurate though (at least in snobby areas of the country). Rich kids definitely don't wear t-shirts with NFL logos on them. The higher you go, the more plain and subdued the clothing becomes.

If you're meeting some old money snobs during the summer, play it safe and skip all the crappy t-shirts and wear a polo shirt instead. This is one of many reasons that I don't think the list applies to upper class people either, except perhaps their children when they go through a Paris-Hilton-esque, "bad taste" rebellion phase while they're young.

I once lived near a private boarding high school for the ultra-rich (it was like an old, historic college campus overlooking the ocean) and the boys there tried to look like bad little homeboys on the weekends (when they didn't have a dress code) with their black beanie hats and torn, baggy clothing. But when they grow up, they'll be wearing polo shirts and fine suits just like their fathers.

However, many upper-middle class or "nouveau riche" people don't know any better and are stuck with all the annoying characteristics of that list their whole lives.

For the record, I'm not rich. I just grew up as a poor boy in a rich town. I've lived in marble apartments, homeless shelters, and everything in between.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

kristy_571 wrote:Have you been to the renaissance fairs before? I've always wanted to dress up like the wench in the picture. The corset is sooo cute.
Yes, I've been to a medieval fair called King Richard's Fair in Massachusetts. It was a lot of fun. There was a jousting show and a pig roast. Really strong men could try to throw axes at targets for prizes. I was about 14 at the time, so I could hardly even lift the axes.

http://www.kingrichardsfaire.net/

It appears I'm not the only man who has noticed the wonders of medieval cleavage:

"The “Faire ladies of the realm” are invited to be daring without baring it all at the King Richard’s Faire Cleavage Contest, to be held on Saturday, September 8th (rain date, Sunday, September 9th).

Members of the King’s court are eagerly awaiting the judging of the Cleavage Contest, which will take place on the King’s Stage at 4 PM. Pre-registration is not required, contestants merely need to line up at the stage shortly before judging begins, and show proof of age.

Prizes will be awarded in three categories:
1. Most authentic 16th century renaissance dress revealing cleavage.
2. Most buxom wench.
3. Most daring neckline.

Winners in each category will receive passes for four to King Richard’s Faire, and will be invited to accompany the King and his royal court onto the Dais for the 5pm joust."

from http://www.kingrichardsfaire.net/rules.html#w2
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

ha. he hasn't seen any nudie pics. You can just ask me personally instead of asking someone else. It's nice to see that someone likes me here.

Kissess Gordan. Muuuahh! Now chill. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: 8) tee-hee
Kris
Freshman Poster

Post by Kris »

I think that should say Stuff that American white people like cos it doesn't really apply to us English

Jackal - have to agree there. One of the sexiest things in Bavaria or round Austria is women in these
traditional costumes

http://www.mydirndl.com/mediac/400_0/me ... tracht.jpg

I don't know why - but a woman dressed up is sexier than one naked.
COPE2
Freshman Poster

Post by COPE2 »

white people like booze. almost everything they do revolves around booze. if 2 friends that havent seen each other in 5yrs, they say lets meet up for a drink, whereas a chinese will probably say meet up for dinner. white people are also obsessed with blond hair. they like that aryan hitler ideal type. i personally find dark hair spanish, and italians to be more attractive but they seem to think that blond is the standard of beauty. im thinking this woman would be real popular amongst white people.

but i personally would find someone like this better.
SNS
Freshman Poster

Post by SNS »

Jackal wrote:Lol. That list is a fairly accurate description of middle class white people. However, working class white people and truly upper class white people don't care about most of these things, so the list wouldn't apply to them very much.

Hey, I'm white and I've never even heard of Michel Gondry, Mos Def or Wes Anderson--maybe this is why I'm such a social outcast. And I don't want to be the only white person around; I want to be swimming in a sea of Eastern European beauties--even when I'm eating!
That list makes no sense. It's just nonsense to read on a Sunday Morning.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Jackal wrote:Lol. That list is a fairly accurate description of middle class white people.
You are onto something, but I would venture to say that the list mostly refers to "liberal" white middle class people under age 50. Whites from the middle class are diverse according to region and those from Greenwich Village, NYC have little in common with those from Charleston, SC or Omaha, NE.

The arrogant twit who wrote this is oversimplifying whites into a stereotype. There are whites who love Obama and whites who are anti-Obama "Teabaggers," both of whom are middle class but are worlds apart culturally.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

I love this blog. It actually does a pretty good idea describing many of the middle class liberals I know around Ann Arbor and Detroit.
alexis
Freshman Poster

Post by alexis »

Jackal wrote:
kristy_571 wrote:preferably with a naked woman as the plate, and the Eastern European beauties serving you food, and beer? lol
I'd like Eastern European beauties serving me food and beer while wearing medieval dresses with corsets and tightly-laced bodices which display their cleavage perfectly.
That's a unique costume, medieval dresses??? I like that..
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

This is the stuff that white AMERICANS like. Another myopic observation by a person who thinks

The world is America

The world ( like America) is divided into Blacks, whites, etc.

I hate it when in dating sites they advertise Filipinas and put ethnicity "Asian". Filipinos do not list themselves like that in their country. They are just Filipinos and then they are divided by the languages they speak.

Here in Crimea people do not think of themselves as whites. Here the ethnicity is either Russian, Ukrainian, Jewish or Tartar. All are Crimeans and all are citizens of Ukraine. No "whites" here. Unless they dress in white clothes.

I was in Odessa now and some guy asked me to talk to some girl on the phone. She talked to me and then she asked me one question to ascertain who I was. The question was: " Are you a citizen of Ukraine?". That was it.

None of this black and white nonsense.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!