Asians Do Fine With Women In The US

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

you do not see asian men kissing white women in American movies. Can you name one where that occurs?
I can recall one- Samurai Cowboy. But only one.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

James G, you wanted some intelligent discussion. Well here it is then.

I have some questions for you and anyone else who denies that Asian men are discriminated against in the US dating scene.

1. Can you name any Hollywood movie where an Asian male was cast as the romantic lead? Or any American made movie where an Asian man was making out with a white woman? If not, what does that tell you?

Answer: Doesn't it tell you that it's because the American mainstream public DO NOT view Asian males as dating material, romance material, or even sexable? Doesn't it tell you that the American mainstream does NOT view Asian men as the ideal male image of their fantasies? Don't you think most in the US would consider seeing an Asian male in bed with a woman or making out with one to be disgusting?

2. Can you name any Hollywood movie where an Asian male was paired up with or making out with a HOT ASIAN FEMALE?

Answer: If not, doesn't that tell you that Asian men are viewed so asexually, that the US public does not even want to see them making out with women of THEIR OWN RACE, especially if the female Asian is hot? If she's hot, then they want to see her with a WHITE guy, not an Asian guy!

What does that tell you?!

Are you blind to what's obvious?

And you still claim that Asian men are not HIGHLY DISCRIMINATED against in the US dating field?

3. Do most people conform to their culture or defy it?

Answer: Obviously, most people conform to it, otherwise the culture would change if they defied it. Now, US culture says Asian males are asexual, and not dating/romance material. So do you think most people are going to conform to that? Or not? Obviously so. So is that not discrimination at large against Asian men? Is that not a REAL HUGE OBSTACLE?

The logic I just presented is very simple.

That's why the vast MAJORITY of women in the US do NOT prefer Asian men as romantic partners. They consider them not their type, and even ADMIT it.

So I guess the only question left is: Why are you in denial about this!?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:
you do not see asian men kissing white women in American movies. Can you name one where that occurs?
I can recall one- Samurai Cowboy. But only one.
W: I recall one back in the 80's on made for TV movie about a white American woman who goes to Japan to discover herself because she has a "Japanese soul". She made love with a Japanese guy by candlelight and then left him the next day. So he committed suicide, which was kind of stupid.

But still these are so rare that they are virtually nonexistent.

There was also this bad Hong Kong movie from the 70's or early 80's called "The Man from Hong Kong" where a Hong Kong detective goes to Australia to catch some criminals. He ends up making love to two hot white girls.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor wrote:LOL I just love these Asian-American douchebags ("James G") talking like they're hot shit players.

Get this: he says he had "tons of girlfriends" in the States, even as a "poor ass student,"... "everything from models to stewardesses to bartenders and strippers."

Golly gee, what a player. LOL

So how exactly did this Asian-American stud get all the hotties? Who were the girls? Where and how did they meet? What did they do together? What were his methods?

Well, he doesn't say a word about it -- nothing. Surprise, surprise!

So instead of backing up his original claims (as one would normally expect), this jerkoff ends up weaseling in a plug for his website -- to encourage guys who can't get action in the States to go overseas! Now that's one slick dude! LOL

Which leaves one wondering why the f**k he started a thread claiming Asian guys like him "do fine" with white women in the States. What a f***ing joke this guy is.

He's probably waiting for the next idiot to stop by his website, and drop him 50 bucks for a job listing.
W: Swincor, for once I agree with you. There are many things that are suspicious about his claims that don't add up. I'm open minded and I invite him to clear them up.

First, he says he spend $2500 a month paying writers for his websites. That would mean his sites were very profitable to the point where it would be worth it to spend that much paying people to put content on them. If his sites were making thousands of dollars, then they would be successful and have traffic in the millions of hits. That would mean his site would have a high page rank and Alexa rank. But if you look at his two sites Alexa rank, it is actually lower than mine (this site). His Civilian Contractor Jobs site is ranked at over one million, while this site is ranked at 429,122. I have the alexa toolbar in my browser so I can instantly see his site rank.

In fact, according to Alexa's traffic details, he gets around 2 page hits per day. Look:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traff ... orjobs.com

Page Views per user for Civiliancontractorjobs.com: What's This?
The number of unique pages viewed per user per day for this site
Yesterday 1 wk. Avg. 3 mos. Avg. 3 mos. Change
N/A* 2 2.3 up 100%

Obviously his site isn't getting that much traffic, only a small amount. So what would justify spending $2500 a month on it? He'd be losing major money. That makes no sense.

Could he be talking about another site that he hasn't shown? I don't know. He didn't say.

He also said he pays people on his forum to give advice. Well the thing is, the forum on his civilian contractor jobs site isn't clickable. How are you supposed to get to it? Even if you google "civiliancontractorjobs forum" it doesn't come up. So if the search engines can't bring up his forum, how do people get to it? Is it a private forum only for people who pay?

Either way, it must not be a very active forum. So why would it be necessary to pay people to give advice on it?

And if he can get many hot chicks in the US of all types, why would he go abroad to make money? There are many opportunities in the US to make money. That makes no sense unless he is a special case.

A lot of things just don't add up.

As Albert Einstein once said, "If someone lies about little things, they can't be trusted about the big things."

Ladislav, um I know you are nice and like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but don't you think you might have been duped?

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The most famous Asianphile movie produced in recent decades was "The Lover" (1984) by Marguerite Duras. Basically a story about herself when she was young and had an older Chinese lover.

There was several B-rated flicks produced after that with Asian male stars paired romatically with white female stars, but most went for the "exotic" factor where the Asian male star was either Chinese gansters in Holland or some Japanese Yakuza.

Most recent Hollywood flick where Asian male star made out with hot chick... um... Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle? I think Harold (John Cho?) made out with Maria in elevator at end of the movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pai7ddaR1w

If you want to see A-list movies with Asian male stars, just look up films with Chow Yun-Fat, Jackie Chan, Andy Lau, Jet Li, etc. Better yet, skip the Hollywood stuff and watch foreign films on IFC, IA TV channel (cable), or DVD:

http://www.ifc.com/
http://www.iatv.tv/

I watch some TW soaps on tudou.com:
http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playindex ... d=25374696

You can also buy a USB device that'd let you watch 109 channels of TW TV on your computer for $188/year:
http://mychoicemedia.net/index.htm

Are Asian males discrminated in American dating scene? Yes. To the point of being hopeless? No. Statitics show that Asian American males do quite well in the marriage statitic in their 30's. I've also known a few Asian guys who are really good at picking up women. Some guys have a knack or "game", good for them. Just because I don't have their mad skillz, doesn't mean that everyone else can't pick up waitresses from a restaurant. People have different talents, some are good at picking up women, others are good at fixing cars, programming, writing books, running a business, etc.

In America people develop a sense of entitlement, like because they're XXX, they deserve YYY and ZZZ. I'd cite Robert Kiyosaki's book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", where he commented that he sucks at writing books but is good at making money. Authors who write books may take offense, but the truth is that knowing how to write and knowing how to make money is 2 different things. So just because you came from a middle class background, think you're good looking, have a decent job, etc. isn't necessarily the same as what women consider to be attractive.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah but "The Lover" was a French film, not a Hollywood one. The point is, they are very very rare in Hollywood.

I just saw the Harold and Kumar clip. It was funny. Are you sure that girl was white? She looked hispanic.

At the end of Rush Hour 2, Jackie Chan got a kiss from a hot girl too.

When will Hollywood show them in bed though, or as romantic leads?

I can't believe that http://www.tudou.com website is ranked 101 by alexa. WTF?

The dating scene in the US isn't hopeless for all asians but course, but for some it is. I've struck out some 10,000 times for example, to the point where I don't feel anything anymore and feel kind of numb.

But even if you're good at picking up women, if she doesn't think you're her type, or doesn't like talking to strangers, it doesn't matter how skilled you are at picking girls up.

And besides, even the best pick up artists strike out a lot.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Maria from the Harold and Kumar movie was Paula Garcés. She's Columbian, and for a restaurant owner & mother, she has a very good figure. She's currently co-producing (executive producer) an anime-style film titled "Red Princess Blues".

Info:
http://www.redprincessblues.com/

Check the SDCC 2008 autograph session photos (lol).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have you noticed something though? The kiss in Harold and Kumar was with a Hispanic looking chick, not a blonde one. And the kiss that Jackie Chan got at the end of Rush Hour 2 was also from a sexy looking Hispanic chick. I guess Hollywood isn't ready to have an Asian guy kiss a blonde yet. Too big of a color mismatch. lol

James G
Freshman Poster
Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Post by James G »

Hey guys, sorry I am a bit busy for the next few weeks (I have to fly to Jakarta, the PI, Singapore and back to Bangkok) but I would like the opportunity to respond. I apoligise that I started this thread and now I have to bail for a little wile but just bare with me and I’ll be back.
NOMAD MARKETING 101
Learn how to Travel and Live Around the World and Make Money at the Same time
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

WWu777 wrote:Have you noticed something though? The kiss in Harold and Kumar was with a Hispanic looking chick, not a blonde one. And the kiss that Jackie Chan got at the end of Rush Hour 2 was also from a sexy looking Hispanic chick. I guess Hollywood isn't ready to have an Asian guy kiss a blonde yet. Too big of a color mismatch. lol
There are American made movies with AM/WF pairings, but most aren't blockbusters and go direct to video. I saw a rash of 'em after "The Lover" and most were so-so at best. My mother owned a video rental store at the time so we probably watched couple thousand VHS tapes from 80's to 90's.

Many Asians complain that Hollywood is ethno-centric, but then so are Asian-made/directed movies. Gina Kim's "Never Forever" (2008) is Korean AM / American white female pairing. Ang Lee's "Lust Caution" is... um, I read that they took 100 hours to film the sex scenes for its AM/AF cast. It received a NC-17 rating in the US.

Heck, when Ang Lee made a movie about American white males, he made "Brokeback Mountain". @_@;;;
adam917
Freshman Poster

Post by adam917 »

momopi wrote:
WWu777 wrote:Have you noticed something though? The kiss in Harold and Kumar was with a Hispanic looking chick, not a blonde one. And the kiss that Jackie Chan got at the end of Rush Hour 2 was also from a sexy looking Hispanic chick. I guess Hollywood isn't ready to have an Asian guy kiss a blonde yet. Too big of a color mismatch. lol
There are American made movies with AM/WF pairings, but most aren't blockbusters and go direct to video. I saw a rash of 'em after "The Lover" and most were so-so at best. My mother owned a video rental store at the time so we probably watched couple thousand VHS tapes from 80's to 90's.

Many Asians complain that Hollywood is ethno-centric, but then so are Asian-made/directed movies. Gina Kim's "Never Forever" (2008) is Korean AM / American white female pairing. Ang Lee's "Lust Caution" is... um, I read that they took 100 hours to film the sex scenes for its AM/AF cast. It received a NC-17 rating in the US.

Heck, when Ang Lee made a movie about American white males, he made "Brokeback Mountain". @_@;;;
Wow. I didn't think NC-17 was still used. Isn't all non-PG-13/PG/G stuff usually just given an R or what? I wonder what the exact differences between NC-17 & R are. I also wonder why not just go with a number rating system like many other countries have. ;-)
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

adam917 wrote: Wow. I didn't think NC-17 was still used. Isn't all non-PG-13/PG/G stuff usually just given an R or what? I wonder what the exact differences between NC-17 & R are. I also wonder why not just go with a number rating system like many other countries have. ;-)
Yup, NC-17. Check Amazon.com for the DVD:

There's a "cut" R-rated version, but there's no point in getting that one. The director spent over 100 hours to shoot the sex scenes, so mind as well enjoy his work.
miles_ahead
Freshman Poster

Post by miles_ahead »

Winston wrote:Have you noticed something though? The kiss in Harold and Kumar was with a Hispanic looking chick, not a blonde one. And the kiss that Jackie Chan got at the end of Rush Hour 2 was also from a sexy looking Hispanic chick. I guess Hollywood isn't ready to have an Asian guy kiss a blonde yet. Too big of a color mismatch. lol
Winston I see Nothing wrong with this scenario, she is a beautiful girl, She doens't need to be "white" you almost say that "hispanic looking chick" as if it was a downgrade for Harold to Kiss a Latin woman. Are we talking about Asian men not having any luck with "white" women or Asian men not having any luck with women in General? I think if it's with women in general, then i'd say Harold did pretty good.

But i do feel for Asian men in this regard, I had a vietnamese co worker tell me one time that to Asian American girls having a white boyfriend is pure bragging rights. And when i see Asian women/white man couples I think to myself how asian men must feel about that, that thier women prefer white men. And Asian American women in general discriminate Asian men with all kinds of stereo types.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3lPLsbwjw
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

miles_ahead wrote: But i do feel for Asian men in this regard, I had a vietnamese co worker tell me one time that to Asian American girls having a white boyfriend is pure bragging rights. And when i see Asian women/white man couples I think to myself how asian men must feel about that, that thier women prefer white men. And Asian American women in general discriminate Asian men with all kinds of stereo types.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3lPLsbwjw

If the (white or any other color) guy is taller, stronger, faster, more handsome, and performs better in bed, why should the (Asian or any other color) women settle for less? IMO Asian guys in the US should be thankful to the % of Asian girls who choose to "play on their own team".

Last week, I went to eat Korean BBQ with a friend of mine, who complained about the expensive dating service he's using (>$1000) and the lack of success he's had. Our waitress, a decent looking Korean girl in her mid 20's, came by and I chatted her up. She was very friendly and outgoing, the type who probably has many girl friends. Then I said "pssst! I heard my friend here is single and looking. You got any single friends to introduce to him?" (smile)

The girl responded very positively and said she has several single girl friends, then asked what type of girl he liked. Then my 36 year old Korean guy friend started acting like an idiot and replied "um... female, breathing... I donno... "

The waitress took the hint and wandered off. I asked him what the problem was, and he said "well I'm not really interested in her". I said "I didn't say HER, I asked her about her FRIENDS, so you can have a SELECTION".

Then he proceed to give me a long list of excuses why he's not interested. "Oh by the looks of her I think all her friends are not very interesting" "blah blah blah".

His best excuse of the night: "oh she's obviously a working college girl, going to school by day and working in restaurant at night. Her family is probably poor and have to have their daughter working to support herself through school. So her family background is probably blue collar and not very good..."

I'm like, dude, this is the 21st century. I didn't ask you to marry her. Are you going to ask to see the girl's family chokbo (genealogical record) for yangban status before dating them or what?

"But you're not Korean! You don't understand us!"

Blah blah blah. I gave up. I know what he wants. FOB bling bling girl. Do all of us a favor, go back to Korea and get a GF who's going to cling to you and say "opa~ opa~". Ugh. Next time when he sees a K-girl with a white guy walking down the street and want to b*tch like a little girl about it, I outta smack him over the head.