Where would you suggest for this kind of girl? (in SE Asia)

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
lovemehate
Freshman Poster

Where would you suggest for this kind of girl? (in SE Asia)

Post by lovemehate »

Down to earth
loyal
not in to the party life
and NOT a slut?

weird question right? a lil about me...
am working on my TEFL and I plan on leaving in 2015, I have traveled in Latin America, its not for me...
I don't have a 4 year degree so am limiting myself to SE Asia.

am looking for a place to teach, work, live, and settle down. get married and live a simple life.
I don't care about the party life, never have. I don't get care about getting laid, that comes naturally in a relationship.

am not a aging balding white guy, with a gut that a lot of people seem to assume about westerns. but tastes aside..
what would work in my favor culturally?

of course no Muslims and I wont attempt Thailand WAY too many whores and am not interesting in getting someone their green-card as i would never bring someone to the states just to watch them become corrupted and westernized ...
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Not to hijack, but I was thinking along similar lines yesterday. I'm wondering which country would be best for a family. Which country produces the best mothers? Not the best country for mothers, because I've seen enough of those lists made by those with a Western bias (read: likely Feminists).

Which country is best to find women who will put effort into actively raising children themselves? Which country produces the most stable and loving families?
lovemehate
Freshman Poster

Post by lovemehate »

welcome to the subject!
The fact this kind of information seem a lot harder to find, then finding whores in Asia scares me...

I did come across a few posts about peoples experience in China (not sure what part) being really good, as far as prospects seems they try to marry well before 30, and they are looking to get married quick! and don't mind living in china (this is important as i don't want to get used for a green-card) I might look more into china while i wait for some people to weigh in on this.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

lovemehate wrote:welcome to the subject!
The fact this kind of information seem a lot harder to find, then finding whores in Asia scares me...

I did come across a few posts about peoples experience in China (not sure what part) being really good, as far as prospects seems they try to marry well before 30, and they are looking to get married quick! and don't mind living in china (this is important as i don't want to get used for a green-card) I might look more into china while i wait for some people to weigh in on this.
It depends on the company you keep. Here in the Philippines, most Westerners are whore mongering douche bags,
so what kind of impression do you think you will get through THAT filter? LOL
If you want real info, communicate privately with men who have already done what you are seeking.
Most of us are not so eager to try communicating that kind of thing via this forum.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
lovemehate
Freshman Poster

Post by lovemehate »

I kind of like the sound of the marriage minded Chinese girls, however...they want to get married too quick it seems, there's no dating it seems..Am the furthest thing from a typical horn-dog American , but I don't think a life-long commitment should be made after one date...am not going to open that can of worms here and get off topic
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It's so hard to get a Chinese visa these days that there are very few douche bags here. Most foreigners here are students, young professionals climbing the career ladder or older retired guys working as English teachers.

Chinese women are great. If you think China is dirt poor like parts of the Philippines though, you're in for a shock.

I wish I'd come here in my 20's - the students in my local University are adorable. Also their moms are pretty hot as well!

Forget about green card hunters - many women here are richer than you are. On the downside for some Western dudes, Chinese women are ambitious, and they'll trade up if you get lazy or can't meet their demands.

China is also the best place to come and teach English. Older guys like me can get jobs on just having a good degree, but for younger guys some sort of teaching certificate is well worth getting hold of.

On the downside, well it's crazy here and you'll need good Mandarin skills and good game to date the prettiest girls. Also remember the Chinese have some very alien ideas about raising kids.

Finally remember most Westerners go to the same places in Asia. Most places are unspoilt and monger-free. In my small neighborhood of China I can go 3 bus stops away and not see a single foreigner, much less a monger.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Most places in SE Asia (as well ALL of East Asia) require a degree in order to work legally. Even if you did land something you'd be right at the bottom of the barrel with no degree. SE Asia is a good place for an extended holiday, but it's not an easy place for foreigners looking to earn a decent living. Vietnam is one of the better paying SE Asian countries for ESL but it still requires a degree to work legally.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Most of the English teachers I've chatted to here in China are very highly qualified, and I've met people who had Professorship posts back in the West. Former academics who want to travel the World are especially popular as teachers here.

I don't have an ESL qualification, but a doctorate and 10 years working in higher education go a long way.

As always in China though, there are various ways round these issues.

And as for the money issue, well China isn't that cheap. I'd roughly guestimate that food and household bills are half what they were in the UK. Yeah, you can eat for much less but you'd better like chicken feet and the insides of fish and boiled down bones!!!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.