When people ask you if you have a girlfriend...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
clowny
Freshman Poster

When people ask you if you have a girlfriend...

Post by clowny »

When I'm asked if I have a girlfriend and I say no, I noticed that the reaction I get is quite different depending on whether the person asking the question is a man or a woman. The reaction I get from men is normally something like "good on you", or "you're a smart man" for staying single. The reaction I get from women is different -- they think something might be wrong with me because I don't have a gf. Of course, they don't say this explicitly, but you can sense it. Is it the same for you?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: When people ask you if you have a girlfriend...

Post by OutWest »

clowny wrote:When I'm asked if I have a girlfriend and I say no, I noticed that the reaction I get is quite different depending on whether the person asking the question is a man or a woman. The reaction I get from men is normally something like "good on you", or "you're a smart man" for staying single. The reaction I get from women is different -- they think something might be wrong with me because I don't have a gf. Of course, they don't say this explicitly, but you can sense it. Is it the same for you?
That might be an American or Western problem. Overseas, most of the time that women ask if you have a GF or wife, they are simply trying to see if you are available.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

clowny wrote:When I'm asked if I have a girlfriend and I say no, I noticed that the reaction I get is quite different depending on whether the person asking the question is a man or a woman. The reaction I get from men is normally something like "good on you", or "you're a smart man" for staying single. The reaction I get from women is different -- they think something might be wrong with me because I don't have a gf. Of course, they don't say this explicitly, but you can sense it. Is it the same for you?
At least in the Anglosphere, it's a form of pre-screening.
A man who has a gf/wife has already been screened, approved, and possibly trained by another member of TEAM WOMAN.

Imagine you have a dog and someone asks if it is housebroken yet.
That's what is being asked ... about you.
"Is Clowny trained to jump through fiery hoops trying to keep a woman haaaaappy?" :lol:

Sit Clowny. Stay Clowny. Hold my purse. :razz:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

OutWest wrote:
That might be an American or Western problem. Overseas, most of the time that women ask if you have a GF or wife, they are simply trying to see if you are available.
Sometimes it's like these forums are watching my daily life and creating threads about things that recently happened to me. I, too, was asked by a woman if I have a girlfriend, and when I told her no, she gave me the same, frightened "why not??" reaction. Of course, the bitch who asked me this already has a boyfriend and has no interest in me.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Sometimes it's like these forums are watching my daily life and creating threads about things that recently happened to me. I, too, was asked by a woman if I have a girlfriend, and when I told her no, she gave me the same, frightened "why not??" reaction. Of course, the bitch who asked me this already has a boyfriend and has no interest in me.
Ah...the neurotic duplicity of the American female. In SE Asia and Latin America it is much more honest.
If a woman asks, it is an expression of interest on her part or for someone she knows who is eligible.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

OutWest wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Ah...the neurotic duplicity of the American female. In SE Asia and Latin America it is much more honest.
If a woman asks, it is an expression of interest on her part or for someone she knows who is eligible.
But this happened yesterday, and I live in Latin America.

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!

Intolerant
Freshman Poster

Post by Intolerant »

Also a lot of American women try to act like homewreckers and attempt to attract men who have a girlfriend/wife.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote:
And you live in Mexico, which is adjacent to the U.S. of Gay and you're Chicago'esque Black. You are in the wrong region for courting women outside of the P4P circuit. You cannot represent Mexico on this board with a broad yardstick, All_That_Is_man.

Again, Falcon was treated better because his Spanish is better than yours (he proved himself on here), and Mexicans are more keen on Asian men.
All_That_Is_Man...if you are fat, then regardless of race and color-complexion, forget about it....that would be your main problem.

Furthermore, if your problem is because of your color-complexed exterior, then since it seems like you want to stay in Mexico, make your bread there, let it ferment in letting the dough rise, and take the baked product and spend it in the DR or Cuba while on vacation and return to MX to your job! (Cuba is practically next door and has not been affected by color complexes and feminism to an incorrigible degree).

I'm cool with you, but this wimpy "I'm in Mexico and they are just like their American counterparts" is pro ad nauseum at this point.

I was in Peru...it only showed me love via proxy of its food and NOTHING ELSE. I took the f.uck off for Ecuador, and it was wayyy better than Peru like night and day.

Mexico doesn't rule of the Philippines anymore so their ignorance isn't as existent as the Amero-ignorance that somewhat still exists in the Philippines.

Get your mind and money right, guy. X favor. Lo insisto.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Yeah, when I didn't have a gf they treated me like a freak. They also think it's weird that I've never been married at age 44. For some reason it's better to have a failed marriage or two under your belt than to have avoided marriage altogether.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

It is kind of funny when you are looking overseas, you seem to have more glances. Weird. It has not happened a smuch lately, since I have not been out, but I have always found it strange. When you need some attention, they dont care, and when you dont care they care. Weird.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

zacb wrote:It is kind of funny when you are looking overseas, you seem to have more glances. Weird. It has not happened a smuch lately, since I have not been out, but I have always found it strange. When you need some attention, they dont care, and when you dont care they care. Weird.
Girls overseas must be very friendly and open to new people. Here in America there are no girls at my college that glance at me but I don't care because none of them are my type.

Last summer I went to my town's Fourth of July fireworks event. Waiting for the sun to set so it would be dark enough, I believe there was one girl that was glancing me and if I remember correctly I believe she was attractive like a 7/10 by American standards. I didn't approach her to say hello or anything was mostly because she looked sixteen (I'm positive she was in high school), I don't know how an American girl would react to a random person saying hello, and when an American girl glances at a guy it isn't a given that she is interested. If it was abroad I would have said hello but in America even talking to a "jailbait" is something that is deemed unacceptable. Assuming that girl was glancing at me because she was interested or found me attractive, then that is the only glance I have received in America since I was 18.
Last edited by Tsar on March 24th, 2013, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Yeah. The problem I tend to run into went I am doing reconisance research is she is dating someone else, which sucks. And lord forbid you be aggressive, you would be labelled a creeper.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

E_Irizarry wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote: That might be an American or Western problem. Overseas, most of the time that women ask if you have a GF or wife, they are simply trying to see if you are available.
And you live in Mexico, which is adjacent to the U.S. of Gay and you're Chicago'esque Black. You are in the wrong region for courting women outside of the P4P circuit. You cannot represent Mexico on this board with a broad yardstick, All_That_Is_man.

Again, Falcon was treated better because his Spanish is better than yours (he proved himself on here), and Mexicans are more keen on Asian men.
All_That_Is_Man...if you are fat, then regardless of race and color-complexion, forget about it....that would be your main problem.
This is ridiculous. On average, Mexican women actually make American women look anorexic. I really don't think being fat (which I'm not) would turn off the majority of Mexican women. On the contrary, they would find comfort in a fat guy assuming that the "agua" has found its own level, so to speak!
E_Irizarry wrote:Furthermore, if your problem is because of your color-complexed exterior, then since it seems like you want to stay in Mexico, make your bread there, let it ferment in letting the dough rise, and take the baked product and spend it in the DR or Cuba while on vacation and return to MX to your job! (Cuba is practically next door and has not been affected by color complexes and feminism to an incorrigible degree).
Good advice, and I'm already ahead of you with that one. I plan to make my money here and still travel abroad and see the world. But honestly, I'm in no rush to visit DR, Cuba, or any other Latin countries. I've got my sights on Europe and Asia.
E_Irizarry wrote:I'm cool with you, but this wimpy "I'm in Mexico and they are just like their American counterparts" is pro ad nauseum at this point.
Oh. So, facts make you nauseous? When, if I may ask, did you become a feminist? :roll:

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote:

m I would still not read into it too much...possible curiosity or perhaps surprise...? Unless you live in Argentina...LOL
Then she just might be a b!tch.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

OutWest wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
OutWest wrote: That might be an American or Western problem. Overseas, most of the time that women ask if you have a GF or wife, they are simply trying to see if you are available.

m I would still not read into it too much...possible curiosity or perhaps surprise...? Unless you live in Argentina...LOL
Then she just might be a b!tch.
That's funny because the Argentina women I've met were also bitches as well, LOL. I'm still trying to understand why people mistake Latin America for a hotspot of good women. I guess some guys think that desperate attention from fat married whores pushing 40 is a good deal..
I thank my stars everyday that I didn't come here for the blimps --err "women".