Decline of American TV

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Television influences the mind. 99% of things on television is negative.T.V raises children these days..
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gibraltar
Freshman Poster

Post by gibraltar »

WOW Great thread.

I was talking about this phenomenon with my dad yesterday.

The Martin show came on and I noticed how sexy the women were, classy the men were, and how quality the script and comedy was.

Everybody was in their role and it flowed wonderfully.

In contrast, I watched this stupid show called The Real Husbands of Hollywood. Complete garbage.

TV is a reflection of the times and we are living in a terrible era of mangina men, fattitude hating women, poor taste in clothing and just all-around debauchery and nonsense.

If there was a time machine, you would be the first trillionaire because 50% of the country would want to party in the 80's and 90's again.

Oh well, they were fun while they lasted :)
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Post by bennandsarah »

Take my challenge.
Put on any episode of "Family Ties" with Michael J Fox. Especially an episode where Alex is dating --or at college.
Then put on any episode of tv today where a character is dating and in college or high school.
What do you notice about the men and women. How are men portrayed and most importantly -- HOW DO THE WOMEN TREAT THE GUYS??????
I'd do anything to go back to the days of Eight is Enough, or Family, or The Bob Newhart Show. We men are being JIPPED bigtime!
It wasn't like this in the 1980's and early 1990's -- that's for sure bud.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

bennandsarah wrote:Take my challenge.

I'd do anything to go back to the days of Eight is Enough, or Family, or The Bob Newhart Show. We men are being JIPPED bigtime!
Could you imagine All in the Family aired today? Wow. Problem that I see these days is that everything is sooooooo politically correct. Writers are afraid to offend anybody and this restricts what can be shown on tv. But there is some good stuff still around. I enjoy Walking Dead a lot. Curb Your Enthusiasm is good because Larry David pokes fun of all the social norms and he typcially doesn't care who he insults which is refreshing.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

pete98146 wrote:
bennandsarah wrote:Take my challenge.

Could you imagine All in the Family aired today? Wow. Problem that I see these days is that everything is sooooooo politically correct. Writers are afraid to offend anybody and this restricts what can be shown on tv. But there is some good stuff still around. I enjoy Walking Dead a lot. Curb Your Enthusiasm is good because Larry David pokes fun of all the social norms and he typcially doesn't care who he insults which is refreshing.
All in the Family is hilarious. Matter of fact, you can now watch it on Crackle for free. I am starting to wonder if why Tv Land tok itoff was due to it's offensive nature. Good show.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com