Bank theft in Cyprus-Can happen in US?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Bank theft in Cyprus-Can happen in US?

Post by Banano »

How would US people react if the same scenario happened? (Tax up to 40% over 100k)

Would there be riots/civil war

How many people would be affected, 10-20%?Governments dont want to upset big number of people, rather tax big but small %

Most people in US have home loans, car loans..hence no deposits..then most people would be under 100k in savings

If somebody have 10 mil in the bank he would be paying 4mil in tax :D

How can cypriot banks stop bank runs?
they could place withdrawal limits but you cant do it forever,
confidence is gone and If I were to have money in cypriot bank Id make sure its all out and Id never bank with them again
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Bank theft in Cyprus-Can happen in US?

Post by OutWest »

Banano wrote:How would US people react if the same scenario happened? (Tax up to 40% over 100k)

How many people would be affected, 10-20%?Governments dont want to upset big number of people, rather tax big but small %

Most people in US have home loans, car loans..hence no deposits..then most people would be under 100k in savings

confidence is gone and If I were to have money in cypriot bank Id make sure its all out and Id never bank with them again
Government types being exposed for what they are: Armed robbers.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Re: Bank theft in Cyprus-Can happen in US?

Post by Array9 »

Banano wrote:How would US people react if the same scenario happened? (Tax up to 40% over 100k)

Not only can this scenario happen in the USA but I think it will happen. Guys like Alex Jones and Steve Quayle have been urging people to take their fiat paper out of the bank and put it into real assets like Guns, Gold, Silver and Platinum. I was wise enough to do this years ago the spot prices were much lower and now and have a decent investment.

Alex Jones is a little out there and paranoid at times but most of the time he is on point. The US government has recently purchased MILLIONS(If not Billions by now) of hollow point rounds and armored tanks. Even the most skeptical person has to wonder why the government is hoarding. Gun sells in the USA are at an all time high. I think there will be an incident where we have a planned viral attack on bank computers that wipe away a fraction of people's accounts.

I think we will see riots in the streets of America when this happens. Many have been warning citizens for years that this would happen, now the people not laughing at them any longer.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.