Who Wants To Move To The US?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The American dream is still alive and well in Africa.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... o-the-u-s/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

The only people who want to move to the USA, it's the impoverished uninformed masses of developing countries who don't know any better.

It's very funny that middle classes and educated individuals in other countries stir away from America, not even educated Indian people, these days even they prefer to go back to India than stay in America.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

Im in UK, I used to dream of moving to the US, but I think most of us do this when younger as movies influence us so much. I wouldn't nowadays although I do like traveling there.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

ringspun wrote:Im in UK, I used to dream of moving to the US, but I think most of us do this when younger as movies influence us so much. I wouldn't nowadays although I do like traveling there.
met plenty of brits who moved to america, outta a romantic idea that it would be so cool to live there, and end up hating it with a passion, and feeling very european once they realize the US sucks.

I think movies make a lot of people believe that America is nicer than what it actually is..... living in America resumes to work work work and feel alone and bored in suburbia.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

I can imagine, there is just too much propaganda in movies. After traveling it a little, I personally think if I was an actor or singer then I would move there for sure, but as i'm not I would be best off elsewhere!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Robert77 wrote:The only people who want to move to the USA, it's the impoverished uninformed masses of developing countries who don't know any better.

It's very funny that middle classes and educated individuals in other countries stir away from America, not even educated Indian people, these days even they prefer to go back to India than stay in America.
I have noticed that s.hit too. Ironically, the poor immigrants are almost as badly bigoted as the poor Americans when they come here "pre-programmed".

Sometimes the middle and rich classes come to the U.S. of Gay to become "educated" and leave in droves. Each and every Japanese honie I have met stateside always f.ucking goes back with in a year or so after they become educated stateside.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The US has its place in my life as a citizenship and credit base. Also, a business base. And a pretty good passport to travel on because it's welcome in the Philippines and many other places. However, the US does not have it all and it needs to be combined with other countries in equal proportions. Because while a lot of them have great social opportunities, they do not have money or credit opportunities for you.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Sometimes the middle and rich classes come to the U.S. of Gay to become "educated" and leave in droves. Each and every Japanese honie I have met stateside always f.ucking goes back with in a year or so after they become educated stateside
They make use of the principle of arbitrage. In Japan, its still no good to be a woman after 23. There is a great deal of discrimination against you. And if you are an ugly woman past 30, you are sol. Then, no degree from a prestigious university also means sol. And getting into schools in Japan is hard. People sometimes commit suicides if they don't get in.

Enter America. College admittance is easy, you become fluent in English and gain respect when you go back. No visas necessary for Japanese. Great weather in California. Men hunting you down and bringing flowers even if you re an ugly dog. Who would ask for anything more?

Then, you return to Japan armed with a US degree, speaking English and you get a job at some company dealing with foreigners. You get a foreign husband who has a good salary because he is on some expat package in the country. Your kids go to international schools and you live happily ever after.

She discovered that combining two countries works well. She has her formula that works for her. And we have our formulas that work for us.

Now, America will definitely work for people like these:

This is very very sad. I can only feel for them because I used to be in a similar situation. America has helped me a lot. But what it can't give, you get some place else.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

I agree, America is ok if you're poor as f**k and have absolutely nothing going for you (IE: the mexicans that jump the border)..... go to america do landscaping and get outta poverty (you'll work like a slave, get fat, even dumber once you're americanized and probably live in some minority ridden ghetto somewhere) but you'll have food on the table and a job.

an educated individual would be crazy to go to america

I was talking to a Colombian friend of mine, he's 25, just finished college and now has a good job in Colombia, a nice girlfriend, and soon will buy his own apartment.... he was telling me there is nothing in america for him, why would he go to the USA? he has everything he could possibly need in colombia!

Same goes for europeans... the only europeans that dream of america, it's the poor ones from the eastern block that live in some tiny communist apartment living off mediocre government aid.... the educated europeans are allergic to america and often look down on it.

mexico for years sent its poor to america but mexico is growing, developing and the average mexican has now access to education, and a good life in mexico.... nowadays is possible in mexico to be poor and to go to school with government aid and to actually get outta poverty without having to go to the USA.... that explains why mexican population in the USA is no longer growing but actually declining in many states!!! (this is worrying for america, because it can no longer count with masses of poor mexicans to do the much needed menial work america thrives on and for almost nothing).....
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I agree, America is ok if you're poor as f**k and have absolutely nothing going for you (IE: the mexicans that jump the border).....
The reason most population in America is of Euro stock is because of the formerly huge political problems in Europe, the class and religious discrimination, wars, etc. So, one can add political reasons as well.

When you have some ethnic cleansing or religious/ethnic discrimination that threatens your life and/or you are denied any opportunity for education, sure, when you come to the US, you have student grants and loans and then you have so much credit and its so easy and no one will put you in jail if you can't pay your debts.

And there is no war going no inside the US. So, the US and Oz and Canada can provide all these opportunities for you. And its amazing how when kids are born in the US no matter to whom, they are automatically citizens. Just by virtue of being born on US soil. In most countries, kids of foreigners or kids of ethnically alien people continue being outcasts and have no rights, no permits to live there, no citizenship, nothing. So, yes, the US is great in all those areas! I never complain about anything like that.

If you are a Russian woman past 30 and you live in some small town, a move to America and marriage to an American professional is a great thing and a big step up. Now, if you are a middle class Russian man, going to the US is not a very good move.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exch ... 40955.html

The above is, of course, one extreme example. However, FCB (foreign cash buyer) of lesser-expensive RE here in CA is not a rare sight these days.

Also, Canadians is actually the largest (24%) foreign buyer of US RE, followed by Chinese (11%) and Mexicans (8%). Canadian snow birds love to flock to warmer states in the US during winters.