Agorism

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Agorism

Post by zacb »

Anyone heard of it? This lifestyle has encouraged me to go abroad to seek freedom, and is interesting. Bascially, it states that in order to have freedom, we need to create an alternative system within the shell of this one, based on voluntary exchange. It also encourage syou to improve your life, and forget about others problems (in a good way). I am trying to reduce my statist foot print, but it is hard, but I am workin gon it. Any thoughts?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

The whole idea of counter economics seems unattainable aslong as currencies are state controlled. This goes doubly so for the traveling, online entreprenuer. This businessman must rely on services such as Paypal or Google Checkout, CCbill, and others that, while they may not be state controlled, are certainly in the service of the state. It stands to reason, then, that the state could conceivably shut off your income sources on a whim, or freeze your digital assets on a moments notice.

While I do believe a great deal of freedom is possible by living abroad, any work in a global economy will certainly be, to some degree, under control of the state, even if indirectly. I still find it to be far greater than living in the west and working directly for a stateside company as a wage earner.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

The_Adventurer wrote:The whole idea of counter economics seems unattainable aslong as currencies are state controlled. This goes doubly so for the traveling, online entreprenuer. This businessman must rely on services such as Paypal or Google Checkout, CCbill, and others that, while they may not be state controlled, are certainly in the service of the state. It stands to reason, then, that the state could conceivably shut off your income sources on a whim, or freeze your digital assets on a moments notice.

While I do believe a great deal of freedom is possible by living abroad, any work in a global economy will certainly be, to some degree, under control of the state, even if indirectly. I still find it to be far greater than living in the west and working directly for a stateside company as a wage earner.
I have a theory that litecoin (or something similar to it) will change the world for the better. Litecoin is an alternative cryptocurrency based on Bitcoin that is not government regulated. The bankers keep their power and control over society through fiat currency, but when these alternate, decentralised currencies become popular with the mainstream, the government and bankers will lose their primary means of power and control.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

As well as an alternative currency system, it would be desirable to develop an alternative property system. As long as we accept the word of evil regimes as to who owns what, any alternative currency system will only be about trading intangibles on the margins and an auxiliary to the Jews'/banksters' currency system.

Return to “General Discussions”