Filipina friend tells me I have to get married

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Filipina friend tells me I have to get married

Post by Hero »

OK, so I was just chatting with a Filipina friend of mine, who I used to date. She tells me that she hopes that I find a woman soon and that I should find a wife while I'm still young.

A few months ago, I told her that my cousin was getting married, and she said "Hopefully you'll be the next one to get married"

Is she hinting at something? Like, she wants to be my wife?

Or, is she hinting at the opposite? That is, has she lost interest in me, and is she hinting that I should go chat with somebody else? Is she hoping that I'll find somebody else so that I'll stop bothering her? Is she trying to let me down easy?

Somebody read between the lines for me, please.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Forget what she is hinting it, the typical pinay is obsessed with getting wedded. Think what you want and go for it. Do you still like her? Then tell her so. Do you want to marry her? Ask her if she would marry you. Man, act like a man, you should lead the relationship and go for what you want and not what you think the pinay broad wants, unless you are inlove with her of course lol.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thats just something that women say. It's a cliche. It doesnt necessarily mean anything. If she was interested in you she would drop other signs.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Winston wrote:Thats just something that women say. It's a cliche. It doesnt necessarily mean anything. If she was interested in you she would drop other signs.
I think she likes me but she has serious doubts about me because
1. I haven't visited her in 7 years
2. I have lots of female admirers in my Facebook friends list
3. At age 45 I've never been married. That makes ALL women suspicious.

She does drop signs occasionally, like she "superlikes" my new photo and that I'm still handsome.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Normally I wouldn't stress out over something like this, but I just turned 45 and I'm kinda bummed out over it right now. I wonder if my friend is right; maybe I should rush out there and get a wife ASAP.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Re: Filipina friend tells me I have to get married

Post by The Professor »

Hero wrote:OK, so I was just chatting with a Filipina friend of mine, who I used to date.
Who dumped who?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Re: Filipina friend tells me I have to get married

Post by Hero »

The Professor wrote:
Hero wrote:OK, so I was just chatting with a Filipina friend of mine, who I used to date.
Who dumped who?
Nobody got dumped. Circumstances just prevented me from returning to the Philippines for a long long time.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hero wrote:Normally I wouldn't stress out over something like this, but I just turned 45 and I'm kinda bummed out over it right now. I wonder if my friend is right; maybe I should rush out there and get a wife ASAP.
No. Rushing to get married just for the sake of getting married would be a huge mistake, especially since divorce is expensive and costly. Better to not marry than to marry the wrong person.

What do you care if she wants you back or not? If you don't want to marry her, what does it matter what she wants?

It sounds like you need to do some soul searching.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Winston wrote:
Hero wrote:What do you care if she wants you back or not? If you don't want to marry her, what does it matter what she wants?
I don't know whether or not I want to marry her.
I guess it's just a blow to my ego, if this woman is in fact dumping me. I mean, there was a time when she worshipped the ground I walked on and couldn't keep her hands off of me.