What do you do for a living?

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Kris
Freshman Poster

What do you do for a living?

Post by Kris »

I'm a Train Driver or Locomotive Engineer as you'd say in the U.S.

Over here it's a very well paid ($59,000 at current exchange rates) job with 4 weeks holiday a year plus many more days off as Free days (rest periods between work). We often get up to 7 days off in a row as Rest Days - very handy if you want to to travel around Europe.

As I started on the railways almost 22 years ago I also get free travel around most of Europe and have used this extensively to visit such places as France, Germany, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic and Italy. Their railways have a reciprocal agreement for their staff.

I used to be guard (conductor), for 11 years and met many foreign women doing this job. I loved the social side but it's not as easy or as well paid as being a driver.

One of my previous jobs was a London bus driver on the old buses. Great job but I didn't like London - too much of a rat race.

Even though they were built from 1959 onwards they had an automatic gearbox, power steering and power brakes - way ahead of their time.

What I drive now which I love and one of our routes on the South West coast and up to London from Salisbury

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I think train drivers make good money in the states also, as there are not enough skilled people able to do it. It's not one of those jobs advertised much when a guy is getting out of high school, ha ha.

When you retire will you also get a decent pension as well? If you do you can wait for that to kick in and then move to Philippines, get a wife there and open up your own beach hotel/bar somewhere; that would be the life!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Kris
Freshman Poster

Train driving

Post by Kris »

It is a skilled job but you don't have to have any qualifications to do it. Training takes about 6 months to a year in this country - an Austrian driver told me it takes 2 years there.

Nobody knows what the pensions are going to be worth with the current economic climate and our useless government. I have a house I rent out to students which was going to be my pension plan but the values have dropped so much I may lose out.

Funny - never considered the Philippines before but I've seen some gorgeous women on the dating sites

http://www.cebuanas.com/gallery/profile ... cute4u&h=2

http://www.cebuanas.com/gallery/profile ... jen586&h=2

http://www.asiankisses.de/view.php?id=109233

I do like dark hair and slim bodies and I hate big tits.

I've been looking at the property prices - quite amazing but will you lose it in an earthquake or mudslide etc? We're not allowed to own property there and there is also the political situation - how stable is that?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Train driving

Post by Winston »

Kris wrote:It is a skilled job but you don't have to have any qualifications to do it. Training takes about 6 months to a year in this country - an Austrian driver told me it takes 2 years there.

Nobody knows what the pensions are going to be worth with the current economic climate and our useless government. I have a house I rent out to students which was going to be my pension plan but the values have dropped so much I may lose out.

Funny - never considered the Philippines before but I've seen some gorgeous women on the dating sites

http://www.cebuanas.com/gallery/profile ... cute4u&h=2

http://www.cebuanas.com/gallery/profile ... jen586&h=2

http://www.asiankisses.de/view.php?id=109233

I do like dark hair and slim bodies and I hate big tits.

I've been looking at the property prices - quite amazing but will you lose it in an earthquake or mudslide etc? We're not allowed to own property there and there is also the political situation - how stable is that?
W: You have great taste Kris. We like similar types.

BTW, it was after I was really turned on more than I ever have been by a Russian girl who looked like a Filipina that I became inspired to go to the Philippines. Here is the one I'm talking about. She turned me on in such a way that was off the charts, so after I finally slept with her, I thought "If I can get girls like her in the Philippines for cheap, then I'm there!"

Last edited by Winston on March 10th, 2009, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Foreigners can own condos outright, although most of them are only going to be in the major cities. I believe a foreigner can own up 45% of a business, house or land. The other percentage has to be owned by a local. Most guys when they get married just put half the property name in their wifes name or if they happen to have children and they are older they may put it in their kids name. Many foreigners also work with some of the local lawyers to some how get around the local laws here, the Koreans do it all the time here, they are actually taking over in some parts! I think the government is just starting to realize how much influence Koreans will have in a couple of decades if they keep allowing them to buy up property and businesses.

Yeah, there are all kinds of physical types here in Philippines which makes it different than other Asian countries. Well if you like small girls with a smaller bust size that easy to find, no problem! I like more curvier with a decent bust which makes things a bit tougher for me.

There is a German guy that frequents a bar I go to occasionally and he owns a hotel/resort on Puerto Gallera, Sabang Beach and he sent his wife back to Germany to live there and send the kids off to school. So he just stays here and has 2 or 3 girl friends on the side, what a life! (And this guy is older and over weight and still pulls in the young ones)

Its quite easy to live here if you marry a local and have funds to support yourself or have a keen business sense.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Kris
Freshman Poster

Wow

Post by Kris »

Definitely got the same taste in women Winston - soon as I saw that one on the right I thought Wow!

She reminds me a bit of Mylene Klass who is very famous over here. She used to be in the pop group - Hearsay, is a very accomplished classical pianist, does loads of adverts and also TV presenting. Filipino mother and an English father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfT7ewMchRY

Latest advert

Thanks for the info Mr S. I think I need to see out my job here first. Luckily, as long as my health holds out, my job is secure - people always need transport. 15 1/2 years too retirement unless I come into some money first.
Treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Garfield

Post by Master »

Kris, I have read several of your post and find you very interesting and amusing. I find your avatar matches your personality.

I really do think you are lucky and it would a major mistake to lose your job.

Ive never met anyone that hates big tits. Its very funny that you do. Very amusing actually. Would you care to explain?

As for your current life. How is it driving the bus/ getting laid?