"He has to be funny..."

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
JohnDoe
Freshman Poster

"He has to be funny..."

Post by JohnDoe »

(snip)
Last edited by JohnDoe on March 16th, 2016, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I asked myself that question a million times, since I was registered on Match.com and literally every single American hoe listed "he has to make me laugh" on her profile. It drove me nutz!!! No foreign girl ever lists that as a main character side, they sometimes say "I want a guy with a good sense of humor", but even that is not often mentioned. I am not a clown and I repeated that to myself so many times when I was looking at American girls profiles. What does that tell you? Those bitches are so bored with their lives they just want fun and laugh, since they are so lame themselves! Sick of it!
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

It means they want to be entertained. Will they reciprocate? Who knows! Unlikely though. Remember they are like children in some ways, they get bored easily.

As compensation (!) for the use of their vaginas we must provide fun.

For a long time now when a female expects something, I always think what do I get in return? Then I see the total unreasonableness of their demands.

This is the biggest clue to their thinking...in their ads it's always what they want and expect: I want him to be this and that and a thousand other things without a single mention of what they will provide - not even subtly hinting at it. Go figure!
Last edited by ryanx on April 18th, 2013, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDoe
Freshman Poster

Post by JohnDoe »

(snip)
Last edited by JohnDoe on March 16th, 2016, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Maybe she needs to be distracted from all the dull events of her life Megaman?(yes I know you're not actually Megaman, but he's my favorite video game character).

Women in america, do a lot of distracting to get themselves away from reality. Some of them actually need it, while many others are just running away from their problems. They drink, smoke, f**k, laugh, lie to get away from paying bills/cooking/cleaning/learning/relationships... it's amazing these women can actually live.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atarii
Freshman Poster

Post by Atarii »

I believe it is because it is an American cliche': What do I want in a man? Well, he has to be sweet, and generous and loving, have a decent job-- oh, and he has to make me laugh! :D

I think that it being stated is less meaningful than many have suggested.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

This is a consequence of the new hedonism. Women no longer must evaluate men for income potential or protective strength; it is all about how a man makes them "feel" at any particular moment.

Thank you feminism for making us into women's personal jesters.

JohnDoe
Freshman Poster

Post by JohnDoe »

(snip)
Last edited by JohnDoe on March 16th, 2016, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.