Why are MOST work places so hostile in the US? Always bad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Why are MOST work places so hostile in the US? Always bad?

Post by lovelybunny »

In the US, if you work long enough, you'll realize how so many work places have such a hostile work environment and anti-social behaviour. Why is that? Coworkers will almost always backstab you, despite giving a smile, boses will rarely show appreciation for your work, and demand even more improvement, even if it's at your optimal performnce, and for all the work you do, you get relatively low pay. Why is that? Now, I won't say this is not present elsewhere, only that it's way too much in the US. You see the true colours of many Americans when you work with them. Why? Its it the excess capitalism here? Boredom because of loneliness that makes most people insane? Is it the jealousy due to how in the US, you're NOT supposed to trust most people? See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBCRBaLHR1k

This is soooooooooooooooooo comon in MOST American work places. Why?
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

Once more, it's NOT all americans or ALL workplaces in the US, but just most of them. Be it in Sales, healthcare, education or business, people seem to ALWAYS backbite and harass you. Why?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 30th, 2013, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are MOST work places so hostile in the US? Always ba

Post by jamesbond »

lovelybunny wrote:In the US, if you work long enough, you'll realize how so many work places have such a hostile work environment and anti-social behaviour. Why is that? Coworkers will almost always backstab you, despite giving a smile, boses will rarely show appreciation for your work, and demand even more improvement, even if it's at your optimal performnce, and for all the work you do, you get relatively low pay. Why is that?

Now, I won't say this is not present elsewhere, only that it's way too much in the US. You see the true colours of many Americans when you work with them. Why? Its it the excess capitalism here? Boredom because of loneliness that makes most people insane? Is it the jealousy due to how in the US, you're NOT supposed to trust most people?
I was thinking the same thing recently. The American work place is a hostile environment, where you are treated like a child and not appreciated for all the hard work you do.

A persons true colors come out when you work with them. Some people I know who I thought were good and kind, after working with them I found out that were actually assholes. You want to know how someone truly is? Work with them to find out what they are really like.

There is an old saying that, in the workplace, 20% of the people do 80% of the work. I believe that, where I work, it's at least half female and believe me, the men do WAY more work than the women do. I will do more work in one hour than the females will do in 8 hours! :shock:

I absolutely cannot stand working with women anymore. That is why I want to find a job that is all male or at least close to being all male.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
innovatorsclub
Freshman Poster

Post by innovatorsclub »

it's mostly the women in America who are the shit talkers/starters. Men compete in sports while most women compete with emotional games. Talking trash is not sweet or feminine. When you see enough of it you naturally crave sweet women which means you have to look overseas
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Economics. There isn't as many people sharing to load, and so people get irritated more easily. In addition, it seem those with enough gonads to make it pass the cut tend to be somewhat psychopaths. I see this with some of my family.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are MOST work places so hostile in the US? Always ba

Post by Cornfed »

lovelybunny wrote:In the US, if you work long enough, you'll realize how so many work places have such a hostile work environment and anti-social behaviour.
There would be a few reasons. The inclusion of females, who are f***ed in the head. High unemployment, leading to rank and file workers being powerless. The idea that any unhappiness people suffer as a result of workplace conditions is their own internal mental problem so they take drugs to bear it rather than fix the problem.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

workplace

Post by lovelybunny »

I know it's mostly females, but enough of the men are this way too. American society is like that at work. Even my folks had to deal with it years ago. HAs it always been this way? Why all the competition anyway?
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Women

Post by lovelybunny »

I'm a woman myself and I notice this. Overall, the American workplace is trash. With this, will one day it all collapse for the US? How can things get accomplished when people focus on hurting each other instead of helping each other get the work done? I can't stand the catiiness of people here. I think Americans(most, sadly) are backstabbers and arrogant. Why must it be this way? What can you do about it?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

This is why I love IT workshops where the only woman is a secretary. PM (project managers) in IT especially if it's private sector are not women (Thank goodness for Chef Boyardee *pause* with coriander seasoning and oregano of course).

Mind you, I had a great female PM before. She wasn't catty but was lenient but not too lax about getting work done even though I felt like I should update her on my code project statuses once every other business day, which wasn't too bad. But that is a rarity in the U.S of Gay.

Secretaries are trivially tolerable when I put on my White voice and show etiquette everytime in passing. That easy for me.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I agree with E. IT jobs that are more specialized (programming, system administrators) are less likely to have women and usually at most it is one women or two in the area. It has been like that for my recent jobs in IT.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

it's not the first time i hear this.... I work with europeans and they all say the same thing about working with americans.

-they're crazy competitive
-on power trips
-don't mind working 12 hours a day (what about quality of life? going home and relaxing?)
-the women are a nightmare to work with because they gossip a lot
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

To Roberto: WHY are Americans this way? How did Europeans quickly find this out too?
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

Sorry, I meant to Robert77: WHY are Americans this way & HOW did Europeans find this out?
innovatorsclub
Freshman Poster

Post by innovatorsclub »

Arrogant , ignorant and insecure. they don't understand the concept of "pick your battles" and they can't emphathize with those who have far less. They also don't understand what the word " deserving" means. seriously they materialistic debt slaves have no clue