Is America becoming a police state? If so, how?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Is America becoming a police state? If so, how?

Post by lovelybunny »

I hear many people say this is happening. How true is it? Some people mention the Patriot Act as an example. Is that true?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Bill Maher: "This country is becoming a police state, it is very troubling to me"

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Yeah. Boston, Cispa, Patriot Act, Rico, police militarization, Fema "surprises", among other thing.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

How could I forget the NDAA! :D
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes and no. The police in the US are strict and anal about enforcing traffic laws. But they've always been. It's nothing new. They were in the 80's too. The government is getting more intrusive, but most of that is just on paper to scare you (as it is with most laws).

In reality, the government or police do not have the manpower to police everyone, and usually, if you don't break any laws, the government/police will leave you alone. They've never harassed me or bothered me.

Some of the conspiracy crowd, such as those who listen to Alex Jones, are exaggerating and making a big fuss out of nothing. There are always doomsayers who exaggerate how terrible everything is. It's nothing new.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

zacb wrote:How could I forget the NDAA! :D
What's that?
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

lovelybunny wrote:
What's that?
National Defense Authorization Act.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

Anti-American wrote:
lovelybunny wrote:
WHat's that?
How does it exactly make us more totalitarian? Or like a police state?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's no such thing as a police state, because the police and military do not have the manpower to police the masses or to even occupy this country. All they do is scare you and terrorize you with new laws, and fearmonger you through your TV set. They love to control you, but they can't directly control you, so they have to control your mind through fear and through the media too. It's all fearmongering and scare tactics. In reality though, as long as you don't break any laws in front of any policeman, or steal anything, the government/police will not bother you and could not care less about you.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

lovelybunny wrote:
Anti-American wrote:
lovelybunny wrote:
WHat's that?
How does it exactly make us more totalitarian? Or like a police state?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_D ... zation_Act
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is America becoming a police state? If so, how?

Post by Cornfed »

lovelybunny wrote:I hear many people say this is happening. How true is it? Some people mention the Patriot Act as an example. Is that true?
If you actually are female, there really is no value in worrying your pretty little head about such matters. You are just along for the ride anyway.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Winston wrote:Yes and no. The police in the US are strict and anal about enforcing traffic laws. But they've always been. It's nothing new. They were in the 80's too. The government is getting more intrusive, but most of that is just on paper to scare you (as it is with most laws).

In reality, the government or police do not have the manpower to police everyone, and usually, if you don't break any laws, the government/police will leave you alone. They've never harassed me or bothered me.

Some of the conspiracy crowd, such as those who listen to Alex Jones, are exaggerating and making a big fuss out of nothing. There are always doomsayers who exaggerate how terrible everything is. It's nothing new.
Yeah, if it hasn't happened to Winston, it hasn't happened to anyone. :roll:

No matter how many videos are available showing cop misconduct.

Check out what goes on in Michigan and states with similar forfeiture laws. :twisted:

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Police States exist in places where the government is trying to keep the people "in". The East German Stasi, for example, had an estimated 1 informant per 6.5 people. Every apartment building had at least 1 informant who kept track of the residents and visitors. The informants were rarely forced, most jumped at the opportunity to play James Bond and feel self-important. "I'm a secret agent!".

For wealthy first world nations, it's far more cost-effective to simply replace the nonproductive dissidents with immigrants and foreign labor. You don't want to get a job and pay your taxes? Fine, we'll just bump up the quota on H-1B VISA's. Don't like it? Leave, you're replaceable and we don't really care about you. And actually, it's bad business to rely on difficult to replace staff, because if they quit, you're screwed.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

IF western businesses actually treated people fairly, most of their employees wouldn't wanna quit. :)

Actually, I haven't had too much trouble with the police, if you're a law-abiding citizen and pay attention to their new emerging laws, they WILL leave you alone. However, you have to pay attention to more and more stuff everyday.

Funn thing is, police can officially search your home and take your stuff without a warrant. Go ahead and read the full disclosure of all the acts and stuff Obama and Bush passed behind the backs of the people. They will scare you. :)