Meeting foreign women on Facebook

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Meeting foreign women on Facebook

Post by Johnny1975 »

It just occurred to me. I could try sending friend requests on facebook to local foreign women. But a few things come to mind :

* Is it considered weird to befriend a stranger? How would I go about it?

* Who wants to date a girl who goes on facebook often enough to see your request anyway?

* How would I know that they're local?

* How would I be able to do a search for a particular nationality?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I would funnel them there. Try other sites that are easier to flirt on.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

zacb wrote:I would funnel them there. Try other sites that are easier to flirt on.
I don't understand. What do you mean funnel them? By the way I'm talking about seeking foreign women locally. Not in their own country.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Meeting foreign women on Facebook

Post by Teal Lantern »

Johnny1975 wrote:It just occurred to me. I could try sending friend requests on facebook to local foreign women. But a few things come to mind :

* Who wants to date a girl who goes on facebook often enough to see your request anyway?

Back when I was on the hunt, on another social network, I decided to do exactly that.
Call it testing the waters, research, seeing if I still had "it", whatever.
Anyway, short version: sent out requests to all sorts of people, varying degrees of looks, in far flung places.
Results: Biggest surprise -- the "pretty" ones are/were often more receptive than the "meh" ones.
Same goes for those who you may think are "too young" or "too famous".

Not chasing anymore, but still talk to some of them -- and am more confident for the experience.

At least a time or two in your life, you need to experience that odd feel of a mediocre looking girl turning down your friend request and then a hot one (or three) accepting and sending you a nice intro note, too. :)
Be warned, you won't be able to unlearn what you find out.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:It just occurred to me. I could try sending friend requests on facebook to local foreign women. But a few things come to mind :

Back when I was on the hunt, on another social network, I decided to do exactly that.
Call it testing the waters, research, seeing if I still had "it", whatever.
Anyway, short version: sent out requests to all sorts of people, varying degrees of looks, in far flung places.
Results: Biggest surprise -- the "pretty" ones are/were often more receptive than the "meh" ones.
Same goes for those who you may think are "too young" or "too famous".

Not chasing anymore, but still talk to some of them -- and am more confident for the experience.

At least a time or two in your life, you need to experience that odd feel of a mediocre looking girl turning down your friend request and then a hot one (or three) accepting and sending you a nice intro note, too. :)
Be warned, you won't be able to unlearn what you find out.
Well that's interesting. How did you go about it? Did you just send them friend requests and wait? Or was there more to the process? Also, I'm a bit concerned at the idea that a girl would spend so much time on facebook as to even see ones request. Apart from the novelty factor of having the better looking girls respond, do you think it's worth doing this for dating?
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Johnny1975 wrote:Well that's interesting. How did you go about it? Did you just send them friend requests and wait? Or was there more to the process? Also, I'm a bit concerned at the idea that a girl would spend so much time on facebook as to even see ones request. Apart from the novelty factor of having the better looking girls respond, do you think it's worth doing this for dating?
Started out with onesie and twosie requests, but worked my way up to days where I'd send out a half-dozen requests or more.
Nothing but my pic and a hello.

Usually, but not always, would make a mention of something in their profile (for regular girls). One girl thought I was teasing her at first and didn't respond. Later, after a more low key approach, we became good friends.
Lesson: The "neg" is not so hot among foreign E.S.L. girls, or at least not that one. :)

Can't really meet a girl on a site and then be upset about her being on the site, though. :wink:

If British culture is like U.S. culture, people are averse to being approached on the street by strangers (unless your looks make them "tingle". :P).
That leaves singles' activities (dancing lessons, playing in a band, group sports, trolling the parks & libraries, crashing weddings :lol:, etc) or intros by mutual friends (a no-go, if you like foreign girls, unless you have lots of foreign friends).

Worth it for dating? For the cost, I thought it was a good place to start and learn about the people and places I was considering.
Of course, for dating (which means diff things to diff people), the real action and connection have to happen in person.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything