Germany is my 2013 Destination of Choice

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's something I don't understand.

A fair number of credible sources say that Germany is very open and that people are easy to meet and down to earth. But a fair number of credible sources also say that Germans are hard to get to know, don't talk to strangers, and not that open.

How do you reconcile these two different observations from credible sources?

My only experience in Germany was in the Frankfurt airport. The people there, including the staff and shopkeepers, looked very cold and grumpy alright. One German woman even called security on me after I flirted with her. She was talkative at first but became cold when I told her that I dated women in Russia. She then thought that I was part of some "sex slave trade" in Russia and told the security guards that. It was really weird.

Also, I met German men in Russia dating Russian women who told me that the women in their country were too cold and masculine, and that's why they were abroad. One of them told me, "If you try to buy a German woman a drink, she will be insulted." Doesn't sound very nice to me.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Winston wrote:A fair number of credible sources say that Germany is very open and that people are easy to meet and down to earth. But a fair number of credible sources also say that Germans are hard to get to know, don't talk to strangers, and not that open.
Having lived with a German woman for 13 years, and having been to Germany many times, I would say the second is closer to the truth.

A few observations:

My ex chose to live in England because she found the people here more open and friendly, with a better sense of humour. She also thinks that German men have a weird approach when dealing with women they don't know. I think it's true that men are very hesitant to approach and show their cards. The women can be ultra-feminist and cold on the outside, but if you win their confidence they warm up quickly - they want love just like everyone else.

German women have always liked me. I think it's because I have a somewhat aloof air, which they respect, but underneath I am warm-hearted and easy-going, without being slobbish and careless. So, I'm a more user-friendly version of their dads, haha.

German humour often lacks subtlety - it's a bit slapstick. They LOVE an old British comedy short called "Dinner for one" - it's shown on TV every New Year. This Brit found it rather obvious and lacking in the biting irony that we love so much. To their credit, though, they also like an episode of Fawlty Towers (written by John Cleese and his ex wife) called The Germans, in which the main character ridicules his German hotel guests. Ultimately the joke is on him, though.

They DO respect authority. It's a very efficient and well-run society. They work damned hard. Hard work is a virtue in itself, apart from the rewards it brings. Underneath it I think there's a lot of fear - a folk-memory of the disastrous privations they went through in the 1920s.

They are a bit arrogant. They think their way is best. If you disagree you are free to leave the country.

Politics is taken very seriously - it's not the widely derided knock-about game that we have in the UK. Many people are strongly wedded to an ideology - a hangover from the Cold War.

They are open about sex - brothels (P4P) are legal and reasonably priced.

Two of my German friends were talking: One said "People here [in Germany] are not friendly." The other said "No, they are not friendly, but once you make a friend then it's for life."

I noticed that my ex's parents' neighbours still referred to each other as Herr Schmidt and Frau Braun, despite having lived in the same street for decades - no first name terms. That's different with relations and friends, obviously. But her parents had to discuss whether to use the familiar pronoun "du" with me, rather than the formal "Sie". These are old people, though - the younger generation are less hung up on doing the 'respectful and correct' thing, no doubt.

In summary, the Germans have a lot in common with the English. We both like order and cleanliness, we can both be quite formal until you get to know us, but Brits have a better sense of humour and are self-deprecating in a way the Germans would hardly understand. We are also lazier.
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle
chiron
Freshman Poster

Post by chiron »

The only thing I can say about Germany is go there if you're looking for sex. If you're looking for a wife (or love in general) choose a different country.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

chiron wrote:The only thing I can say about Germany is go there if you're looking for sex. If you're looking for a wife (or love in general) choose a different country.
Why? I heard German women aren't as bad as Anglo females. Plus, a lot of them like Asian men, too.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

Twobrains wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Berlin, Munich, Hamburg and Heidelberg were recommended to me. I will check out Dresden too.
Munich is in Bavaria, and my ex says they speak a dialect of German that is barely understandable by her, let alone by a non-German.

I've been to Berlin. Interesting city but you'll freeze your a** off in the winter. Surprisingly scruffy in areas away from the centre - lots of graffiti.

Freiburg in the south west is a lovely old city, and you can easily get from there to France and Switzerland. Konstanz is also nice, with a fantastic setting on the lake.
Possibly the eastern half of the city??
chiron
Freshman Poster

Post by chiron »

zboy1 wrote:
chiron wrote:The only thing I can say about Germany is go there if you're looking for sex. If you're looking for a wife (or love in general) choose a different country.
Why? I heard German women aren't as bad as Anglo females. Plus, a lot of them like Asian men, too.
I can't comment on the first statement since I've never been to the US. However, not as bad doesn't mean that they're good. Germany, like most of Europe, is hugely influenced by American movies and "culture". Just because they speak a different language doesn't mean it's another world. I'd guess that most of them are pretty much like American women. PUA is pretty big over here, too. Germany is also one of the most feminist countries in Europe. Maybe not as extreme as Scandinavia but still. So, women think they don't need a man to have a family. Most of the women just use a man to have children and divorce him shortly after. Women behave a lot like men. They're pretty rude and have to discuss every little detail in a relationship and because of feminism there's no clear concept of gender roles anymore. Virtually every girl I've ever been in a relationship with only wanted sex. Which is great if you're trying to get laid. Trust me, that's a complete non-issue in Germany. You can go to a club and f**k a girl without even knowing her name. However, don't expect the girl to take care of you when you're sick or whatever. It just won't happen and even if it does it probably won't last long because she'll think you're a loser or a wimp.

If you think you still want to go to Germany I'd recommend the South. Bavaria, for example, has a lot of small villages where people still value the traditional family. Sadly, it's not that easy to get accepted by the people because they rather keep to themselves. I guess you'd have to live among them and participate in the church service or something like that to get to know people.

Regarding your second point I'm not too sure. A lot of German women love tall and strong men. I'm not saying that Asian men can't be all that but German women on average are also pretty tall. The only people I've ever seen getting crazy about Asian guys are 16 year old weeaboo girls. I can't comment on it too much, though. There are virtually no Asian people in Germany. That is, if you don't count Turks and Arabs as Asians. Well, you might see a few (South-)East Asian people, especially in the bigger cities but don't expect it.
Last edited by chiron on January 19th, 2013, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

chiron wrote:... A lot of German women love tall and strong men. I'm not saying that Asian men can't be all that but German women on average are also pretty tall. The only people I've ever seen getting crazy about Asian guys are 16 year old weeaboo girls. I can't comment on it too much, though. There are virtually no Asian people in Germany. That is, if you don't count Turks and Arabs as Asians. Well, you might see a few (South-)East Asian people, especially in the bigger cities but don't expect it.
*books a flight to Munich one-way with a pseudo on-going ticket*
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Winston wrote:There's something I don't understand.

A fair number of credible sources say that Germany is very open and that people are easy to meet and down to earth. But a fair number of credible sources also say that Germans are hard to get to know, don't talk to strangers, and not that open.

How do you reconcile these two different observations from credible sources?

My only experience in Germany was in the Frankfurt airport. The people there, including the staff and shopkeepers, looked very cold and grumpy alright. One German woman even called security on me after I flirted with her. She was talkative at first but became cold when I told her that I dated women in Russia. She then thought that I was part of some "sex slave trade" in Russia and told the security guards that. It was really weird.

Also, I met German men in Russia dating Russian women who told me that the women in their country were too cold and masculine, and that's why they were abroad. One of them told me, "If you try to buy a German woman a drink, she will be insulted." Doesn't sound very nice to me.
Germany seems to be a mixed bag. I think it really depends on where you go in Germany. It seems different parts of Germany vary greatly, and so do the women.

I have never heard any good things about women in Frankfurt. My gf is from Germany (Bavaria) and she reckons the best women are from the east and south (Bavaria). I have also heard guys having great experiences with women in Berlin.

Many women in these parts of Germany are often sex starved and horny. There have even been some cases of them raping men: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... treet.html

As for German women being offended from buying her a drink - I think this is a good thing. They don't expect or WANT guys to buy them drinks, dinners etc. They will give you sex for (almost) free, just because they enjoy sex. They don't use sex as a "reward" for buying them drinks, dinners, etc like Australian/American women do. Aussie/american women are really just prostitutes, because you're "buying" sex in the form of drinks, dinners, gifts or whatever.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

OzGuy wrote:My gf is from Germany (Bavaria) and she reckons the best women are from the east and south (Bavaria). I have also heard guys having great experiences with women in Berlin.

Many women in these parts of Germany are often sex starved and horny. There have even been some cases of them raping men: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... treet.html

As for German women being offended from buying her a drink - I think this is a good thing. They don't expect or WANT guys to buy them drinks, dinners etc. They will give you sex for (almost) free, just because they enjoy sex. They don't use sex as a "reward" for buying them drinks, dinners, etc like Australian/American women do. Aussie/american women are really just hoes, because you're "buying" sex in the form of drinks, dinners, gifts or whatever..
I have also heard good things about the women in Berlin. It's the largest city in Germany, has the most foreign women in it and lot's of brothels! Also, most people in Berlin speak englilsh.

Is it any wonder why the first city I visit in Europe is going to be Berlin? :D

Yes, the women are sex starved in germany because men are very passive in germany and don't ask women out. From the research I have done, german women go YEARS without being asked out by guys and therefore are horney as hell! :P

They only reason they get upset about guys buying them drinks is because they feel as if they don't need to take a man's money, they can buy themselves a drink! What a refreshing change of pace from anglo-women who will milk men dry for drinks, dinners, floweres, etc.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Would Asian men have a novelty factor in Germany? Would they get more stares, attention and eye contact?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

chiron wrote:The only thing I can say about Germany is go there if you're looking for sex.
Yes, that's why I am going there! :lol:

Seriously though, I think I will also like the german culture. I am in the process now of learning german, my goal is to be able to speak it as well as possible when I get there.

Germany has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and is a clean efficient country, with good public transportation.

I will be going to Berlin and might visit one or two other cities while I am there.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

So if the women in germany never get approached by men, and the men never approach women...then how does anyone in germany get laid?!?! Does the country have a low birth rate because of the fukked up gender relations? Is feminism responsible for this situation? It sounds like they would have similar social problems to japan, which has very low birth rates now due to the widespread phenomenon of herbivore men.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

if you're black then germany will be good for u (at least in the past it was, not sure now with so many africans all over germany).... they LOVED black men when i lived there (i am not black but i saw it), ten years later that might have changed as now is common to see africans everywhere in germany so its not as exotic.

german women arent as good looking in my opinion though, many are quite manly (its a germanic thing i guess)
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help