Any one run into the legal statutes for the Philipines.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Any one run into the legal statutes for the Philipines.

Post by gmm567 »

I'd like to read up on them.

I am kind of impressed with some of the laws I've run across.
The death penalty for rapes when the victum becomes insane. Yeah

Many years ago some escaped convicts broke into the house of this doctor's( who was a friend my families). They brutally beat the wife and raped her, and she went insane. If caught and convicted, they would have gotten 7 years, and in the Philipines the pieces of shit would have gotten the death penalty. I like the idea that the penalty should fit the crime. The severity of the penalty should be appropriate for the consequences to the life of the victum.

The philipines may be a backward country in many respects, but it some respects it's years ahead.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

I heard they were talking about bring the death penalty back a second time. I thought that right now the penalty was abolished by GMA in 2006 to lure the new Pope to visit
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Any one run into the legal statutes for the Philipines.

Post by ladislav »

gmm567 wrote:I'd like to read up on them.

I am kind of impressed with some of the laws I've run across.
The death penalty for rapes when the victum becomes insane. Yeah

Many years ago some escaped convicts broke into the house of this doctor's( who was a friend my families). They brutally beat the wife and raped her, and she went insane. If caught and convicted, they would have gotten 7 years, and in the Philipines the pieces of shit would have gotten the death penalty. I like the idea that the penalty should fit the crime. The severity of the penalty should be appropriate for the consequences to the life of the victum.

The philipines may be a backward country in many respects, but it some respects it's years ahead.
Yeah, but one thing though. If the perpetrator has money, he can get a lawyer and pay a few people off here and there, and go free. These laws are usually for the poor and near poor, unless there is some political vendetta against you and some people want you inside. I met one girl there who had told me she had been raped when she was nine years old and she had they guy arrested, but he got a good lawyer, paid off a few people and walked. No problemo. The poor girl could do nothing- she was too poor.

What about when those girls drive the man insane in bed? Some young chicks I have known there deserve the death penalty.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

yes but to pay off the legal system you have to be able to pay quite a lot, no?

Or is it rather cheap.

Here you can get off with a high priced lawyer who is practiced in lies and deceit through frivolous and dishonest defenses. It cost OJ 12 million.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Ummm the justice system in the Philippines is a joke for anyone that has money or influence, connections as they can get off easily enough.

Only the poor go to jail as they can't afford to pay off the corrupt legal system here.

They don't have the death penalty here in PI anymore and all the previous convictions were given life I believe now.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.