What's with Americans & their guns? What for?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

What's with Americans & their guns? What for?

Post by lovelybunny »

Americans are sooooooooooooooooooooo obsessed with firearms and violence, despite all these high crime rates. THe second amendment says the MILITIA--NOT REGULAR PEOPLE--need guns, so is guwn availability and ownership so pervasive in the US? Don't these people get that guns are enablers and make it so much easier to kill people? With knives, many still urvive, but NOT with guns. Why are Americans so pro violence and firearms?
If they were truly 'free' or about protecting themselves from govermnet or others harming them, wouldn't they have had universal healthcare, subsidized education, etc, long ago via their guns and blood, instead of sitting on their rear ends and getting fat?
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

Columbine, CT, etc all due to regular people getting their hands on guns in homes and shooting people up. Every criminal today was once a law abiding citizen.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

shut up troll

move to mexico if you want gun control

if you really are a woman you should know its not a woman's job to tell men what to like and what not to worry about since it's the man's job to protect the family and the tribe. if we listened to women we'd be f***ed in no time. just like you won't see men asking why girls like to play with dolls instead of machinery or contact sports. make yourself useful, go cook something, sew a ripped shirt back together, or suck someones dick (perhaps even of someone who deserves it??? you worthless whore?), just stop talking
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If you really are a woman then the debate over guns is none of you business. Shut up and get back to the kitchen and let the men sort this out. As to the men, it really depends on how you want to live. Do you, in conjunction with the other men of you family, want to defend each other? Or do you want to beg the leaders of large organizations who don't give a shit about you to protect you? It is not that the latter is always wrong over the course of a human life. Many generations have lived happy lives operating under this premise. The thing is, there will come a time when the authority you are depending on to protect you is unwilling or unable to keep you alive at some point, so in the long term the dependency mentality is a death cult. If you want your descendants to survive, they need to be able do defend themselves, and that imposes some penalties. Freedom isn’t free, and is not for the faint hearted.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

Cornfed wrote:If you really are a woman then the debate over guns is none of you business. Shut up and get back to the kitchen and let the men sort this out. As to the men, it really depends on how you want to live. Do you, in conjunction with the other men of you family, want to defend each other? Or do you want to beg the leaders of large organizations who don't give a shit about you to protect you? It is not that the latter is always wrong over the course of a human life. Many generations have lived happy lives operating under this premise. The thing is, there will come a time when the authority you are depending on to protect you is unwilling or unable to keep you alive at some point, so in the long term the dependency mentality is a death cult. If you want your descendants to survive, they need to be able do defend themselves, and that imposes some penalties. Freedom isn’t free, and is not for the faint hearted.
Hey! Yes, I am a woman and stop the go back to the kitchen nonsense. I was saying that guns cause a lot of trouble and having stricter law is NOT the worst thing in the world. I see so many abuses going on by the govt now yet you all with your mighty guns haven't done jack. Most of the world ha stricter gun laws and the geenrl population does NOT have these big serial kilelrs or such school shootings like they do in the US. GUns dont necessarily protect people. And tbh, I think people like you and the other poster above are good reasons why we need stricter gun laws or even bans on them, as you seem too confrontational about my ust giving my opinions. I didn't disrespect you. I just put up a post. Learn some manners.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

Cornfed wrote:If you really are a woman then the debate over guns is none of you business. Shut up and get back to the kitchen and let the men sort this out. As to the men, it really depends on how you want to live. Do you, in conjunction with the other men of you family, want to defend each other? Or do you want to beg the leaders of large organizations who don't give a shit about you to protect you? It is not that the latter is always wrong over the course of a human life. Many generations have lived happy lives operating under this premise. The thing is, there will come a time when the authority you are depending on to protect you is unwilling or unable to keep you alive at some point, so in the long term the dependency mentality is a death cult. If you want your descendants to survive, they need to be able do defend themselves, and that imposes some penalties. Freedom isn’t free, and is not for the faint hearted.
If you're a man, you wouldn't be so easily offended or resort to sexist remarks about going back to the kitchen or such when a woman(or even anyone else) says they don't like violence via guns. Be a real man and respect other. Maybe you're just afraid...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

lovelybunny wrote:I see so many abuses going on by the govt now yet you all with your mighty guns haven't done jack.
You know, you actually have a point there.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

Cornfed wrote:
lovelybunny wrote:I see so many abuses going on by the govt now yet you all with your mighty guns haven't done jack.
You know, you actually have a point there.
Thank you.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Haha! I love lovelybunny. Either she's an interesting poster, or the greatest internet troll in the history of all mankind! You can never tell either way! :lol:

Gun control laws won't help anybody. You gotta get rid of the gunmen first. One thing mexicans have done right in recent years.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

Let us look at these men who done these horrid crimes. Most if not all are men in their late teens to early 20's. High chance of them being virgins and social outcast. They do not fit in society's "standard" of normal. If you want, let us use Switzerland's crime rate. Lowest in the world(in terms of crime over all), but what you are advocating is gun crime, not crime all together. I remember some ass stating that Alaska has higher gun violence then New York, but looking into data and Living there for a few years, that it was a bullshit lie. But let us go back to these men who went off the deep end and ask why? If you can come up with an answer, I would like to hear it.

Also, us me as an example, if you look at my past post. You can come up with a sliver of insight of why they did it. Heck, you can claim all you want about weapons, but the bottom line is, if people want to kill. They will find a way.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's with Americans & their guns? What for?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

lovelybunny wrote:Americans are sooooooooooooooooooooo obsessed with firearms and violence, despite all these high crime rates. THe second amendment says the MILITIA--NOT REGULAR PEOPLE--need guns, so is guwn availability and ownership so pervasive in the US? Don't these people get that guns are enablers and make it so much easier to kill people? With knives, many still urvive, but NOT with guns. Why are Americans so pro violence and firearms?
If they were truly 'free' or about protecting themselves from govermnet or others harming them, wouldn't they have had universal healthcare, subsidized education, etc, long ago via their guns and blood, instead of sitting on their rear ends and getting fat?
Guess again. The Supreme Court determined that the 2nd Amendment DOES refer to the right of the "regular" people to keep and bear arms within certain limitations.

You don't get to pick and choose those parts of the Constitution you like, and those you want to ignore. If that were the case, I'm sure I would invoke my disapproval of your first amendment right to express your opinion by shutting you up. But I can't do that, so I suffer through your poorly-informed rants.

Finally, we Americans are a frontier people who had to survive the harshness of the lawless land with guns. It is part of the American ethos. I, in particular, choose to stay armed just in case sick, and violent white supremacists bubble up in my vicinity and I have to save innocent people from them.

One always has to be BETTER armed than his enemy. I am.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's with Americans & their guns? What for?

Post by gsjackson »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
lovelybunny wrote:Americans are sooooooooooooooooooooo obsessed with firearms and violence, despite all these high crime rates. THe second amendment says the MILITIA--NOT REGULAR PEOPLE--need guns, so is guwn availability and ownership so pervasive in the US? Don't these people get that guns are enablers and make it so much easier to kill people? With knives, many still urvive, but NOT with guns. Why are Americans so pro violence and firearms?
Guess again. The Supreme Court determined that the 2nd Amendment DOES refer to the right of the "regular" people to keep and bear arms within certain limitations.

You don't get to pick and choose those parts of the Constitution you like, and those you want to ignore. If that were the case, I'm sure I would invoke my disapproval of your first amendment right to express your opinion by shutting you up. But I can't do that, so I suffer through your poorly-informed rants.

Finally, we Americans are a frontier people who had to survive the harshness of the lawless land with guns. It is part of the American ethos. I, in particular, choose to stay armed just in case sick, and violent white supremacists bubble up in my vicinity and I have to save innocent people from them.

One always has to be BETTER armed than his enemy. I am.
Actually, parts of the Constitution are ignored all the time, the 9th and 10th amendments, for example. And to suggest that the Constitution is what the Supreme Court says it is, end of discussion, would be correct as a very narrow matter of legal enforcement, but sweeps under the rug a significant and ongoing discussion about how the document should be interpreted. The Supreme Court usually follows the political returns. Maybe some of the NRA millions distributed lavishly around Washington is finding its way into the justices' pockets.

And it would probably be more accurate to say that European Americans have imposed harshness on the land with guns, rather than survived it.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

The best rape prevention kit is a Glock. Sorry, I wish this was not the case, but we live in a fallen world. It is not so much the guns, but the society it's self. That reminds me of a bit by Doug Stanhope. We always say "Oh, he was such a quiet and nice kid", and never say "Yeah, my little Timmy used to be such a prick to him, isn't that right Timmy?" I believe that many of our problems could be solved if we privatized the schools. And if you don't believe is is sociological problems or population, then compare Switzerland and the US, or the US and Uruguay. Or heck even Canada. The problem is sociological, not our gun laws. Look at every large country (India, China, US, Russia, etc.) and you will find a ton of problems. So I think population and the challenge that arise from that are the problem.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

lovelybunny wrote:Columbine, CT, etc all due to regular people getting their hands on guns in homes and shooting people up. Every criminal today was once a law abiding citizen.

Let's see here the big Government's of the world are armed with enough fire power to destroy the earth not once but multiple times over and big government has proven itself to be the biggest killer in history and you ask ?'s about why we have our pop gun's compared to what the power establishment is armed with.

The anti federalist demanded the Bill of Right's with the second amendment because what they feared would happen with the federal government has. It comes right after the 1st amendment so what they are telling you is they felt free speech should be backed up by arms if need be and we are definitely at that point where we are losing free speech.

Bunny which branch of government do you work for, does the money printer pay you well to troll like this?
Time to Hide!
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

C.J. wrote:Haha! I love lovelybunny. Either she's an interesting poster, or the greatest internet troll in the history of all mankind! You can never tell either way! :lol:

Gun control laws won't help anybody. You gotta get rid of the gunmen first. One thing mexicans have done right in recent years.
Trust me, I am NOT a troll. I am against this freedom with guns culture of the US. I hate seeing all this bloodshed. In most of the world, guns are restricted for local citizens, which I'm happy about.