Deciding on China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Jerry8787
Freshman Poster

Deciding on China

Post by Jerry8787 »

I have made the decision to go and check out China next spring, after getting back from the Philippines had son solid leads for w
Jerry8787
Freshman Poster

Post by Jerry8787 »

Damn phone, anyways I had a good time there but didn't really feel a connection with any of the girls I had dated, now I'm really interested in Chinese women can anyone give me some insight on how to go about my search for a women that will end up my wife someday. I will be bringing a friend with me as he also wants to find someone so I'd also like to know how Chinese women in general view on big men? He is about 300 pounds, never had girl but is definitely a great guy.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Deciding on china

Post by zboy1 »

Jerry8787 wrote:I have made the decision to go and check out china next spring, after getting back from the Philippines had son solid leads for w
Congrats to you! I'm headed towards China in July after I sign a contract to teach English in a High School in Hangzhou. Should be interesting! I plan to make frequent trip reports about my experiences there--as much as possible! So, stay tuned.....
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Use the dating websites!!!!!! If you are serious you would. I have already accomplished what you are trying to do, you can go look up my posts for more information.

300 pounds? How tall is he, and what does his physique look like? What are your skin colors? What kind of women you want? What age ranges? Where are you guys from? What state would you move one to?

There are many factors that will make or break your amount of success.

Be sure to use Chinalovematch.com or a similar site too if you are actually serious.
Jerry8787
Freshman Poster

Post by Jerry8787 »

Well my friend and I are both 6'1", we are both white, I'm more darker because I'm half Italian, we are from the US, we live in Iowa, I'm looking for a family oriented one man women, religion isn't a big deal, someone who loves me for me and would stand next to me, not behind or in front but equal, as for age range since I'm still in my mid 20's I don't want anyone over 30 now when I do go if I happen to meet someone a little over 30 and I feel a strong connection I will pursue it. As for his physique, he is a high school football coach and played football in college as a linebacker, he's big but most is muscle.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Well you guys are huge and would scare your average Chinese girl there believe it or not. You also have alot to learn about China too. The good news is that dudes in their 20s not teaching English there can find great success. If neither of you can speak or read any Chinese, build some profiles and get started talking to ladies. Once you build some connections, go there and meet them and they can guide you guys around and you wont have to struggle with Mandarin. Since you have plenty of time before you go, you are FAR FAR less likely to be tricked by a scammer. Scammers burn many a guy, regardless of country, when guys are in a hurry to meet. :wink:
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Jerry8787 wrote:Well my friend and I are both 6'1", we are both white, I'm more darker because I'm half Italian, we are from the US, we live in Iowa, I'm looking for a family oriented one man women, religion isn't a big deal, someone who loves me for me and would stand next to me, not behind or in front but equal, as for age range since I'm still in my mid 20's I don't want anyone over 30 now when I do go if I happen to meet someone a little over 30 and I feel a strong connection I will pursue it. As for his physique, he is a high school football coach and played football in college as a linebacker, he's big but most is muscle.
I don't think China is a good fit for you two, imo. Asian women (in Asia, not Asian American women) tend not to like big, tall, stocky White men. I agree with Kai1275 sentiments. Why don't you pick Eastern Europe, Russia, or Latin America--where the women like those types of figures in men?
Jerry8787
Freshman Poster

Post by Jerry8787 »

Haha thanks for the reply, yes he is huge I only weight s little under 200 but am muscular, yes with waiting to go in just about a years I have signed up for a mandarin course at my local cc, I won't be able to speak fluently as mandarin I'd one of the hardest languages to learn but hope to understand as much as I csn
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Jerry8787 wrote:Haha thanks for the reply, yes he is huge I only weight s little under 200 but am muscular, yes with waiting to go in just about a years I have signed up for a mandarin course at my local cc, I won't be able to speak fluently as mandarin I'd one of the hardest languages to learn but hope to understand as much as I csn
Hmm you know one thing many Chinese girls I have known over the years have told me at some point is how they love how I can speak it (im really not that good...) and how I always want to improve my Chinese. In short these women, LOVE THAT! They love trying to teach their men Chinese and how to speak it properly. To them if gives them a good feeling that they are able to help you with something they feel very proudly about. Few of them will have zero desire to teach you or help you much with your Mandarin, and feel as if that is not practical for you to bother learning. Eh... up to you on that... but most will love to teach you too, so that is your KEY to get in.... knowwhatImsayin? It's a great ice breaker to not just say, "Ni hao ma?" but to follow up with "Ni xian zai zuo shenme?" or "Jintian ni hao kan le." or (Ni tai hen piao liang!) etc...

My woman loves how I know pinyin very well even though my Mandarin is a bit weak overall. Pinyin is the "China-English" you may hear some women call (the chinese phonetically written with English letters like I did above). If you know pinyin, you will know how to speak it, and you can look up the characters yourself. That is one major thing my lady does not have to do when correcting my bad Mandarin.

Also their parents will get a huge kick out of your willingness to learn Mandarin when you speak to them. If you can eat and drink their food too, you got it made. You will not get any "No you cannot marry my daughter bullshit, others might get."

That threat is more realistic than most of us think because of their hukoben system.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Jerry8787 wrote:Damn phone, anyways I had a good time there but didn't really feel a connection with any of the girls I had dated, now I'm really interested in Chinese women can anyone give me some insight on how to go about my search for a women that will end up my wife someday. I will be bringing a friend with me as he also wants to find someone so I'd also like to know how Chinese women in general view on big men? He is about 300 pounds, never had girl but is definitely a great guy.
Just go to China and see how you go with women there. How would we know how you can find a wife? You'll have to see for yourself. It's likely you will quickly see if you will have success there.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah start learning Mandarin now as it will give you a head start.

And start losing weight - the thinner you are the better women you'll hook up with.

Online dating is only good if you want to date China's rejects - there are far hotter women to meet in real life but to meet them you're going to have to learn a bit of Mandarin, get some game/confidence and stay here for a while.

It doesn't have to cost that much to come here. There's a poor European guy who lives in our apartment building. He's got no money at all, yet I just saw him cycle past with a pretty Chinese girl on the back of his bicycle :lol: .

You won't regret coming here, every single day is a crazy adventure for me now.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jerry8787 wrote:Damn phone, anyways I had a good time there but didn't really feel a connection with any of the girls I had dated, now I'm really interested in Chinese women can anyone give me some insight on how to go about my search for a women that will end up my wife someday. I will be bringing a friend with me as he also wants to find someone so I'd also like to know how Chinese women in general view on big men? He is about 300 pounds, never had girl but is definitely a great guy.
I feel the same way. Filipinas are wonderful, sweet and easygoing, but I just don't feel any deep connection with them, whereas with cute sweet Chinese girls, I do. It's hard to explain in words. Maybe you know what I mean. But of course, Filipinas aren't deep so how can you have a deep connection? lol

I've had the best results meeting Chinese women on:

- ChineseKisses.com
- DateinAsia.com
- QQ Messenger

Others here will recommend Chinese Love Links (use my affiliate link in the personals tab above if interested).

Sorry but your friend should lose some weight first. Chinese women don't like obese men.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Good points Winston, I was trying to be nice but....eh. How well he wears that 300 matters but that is still huge and alot of weight they think will crush them. LOL. The online women are not rejects at all...What xiongmao calls a reject is probably a 8 or 9 in the US anyway....

Also "leftover women" (sheng nu) in China are 27+ women that have not been married because they are too intimidating to chinese men. Probably 20%-40% of these are either gold diggers or "sha bi" (SB in mandarin slang) (means stupid cunt our equivalent of a f***ing idiot or douchebag). If you see a 26+ year old girl throwing a V and a duckface in every profile photo, you might want to pass.... they might be a shabi.

If you date online, take note that not every woman that has a location listed, is actually from there. For example, a girl in Shanghai might be from Hunan, and is just working there temporarily. So don't avoid all Shanghai women necessarily. Get the quick version of their stories first.

I also highly do not recommend random encounters if you are not going to live there. Flying to China and traveling in general costs too cot damn much money to just be pissing it into the wind, hoping you run into a girl that speaks decent English. There are too many women there that took 10 years of English in schools, and cannot hold a conversation at all. Many girls that take English very seriously and study it at a university level are hoping to meet a foreigner someday so they can get something better than a typical Chinese man. Those are your best bets. You wont have to beg them to learn more English or struggle alot to build a deep relationship with.

Maybe I should write an FAQ for China....
Jerry8787
Freshman Poster

Post by Jerry8787 »

Well I told him his fatass needs to lose weight ;), but I know what you guys mean I signed up for chinalovematch and have gotten a little attention, he is still partial to filipinas and I think he wants to go back he met quite a few middle class girls who he connected with, I have 3 more weeks of vacation left so I might just use that and check china out with my cousin who is fluent in mandarin and did live there for many years, if I don't have any luck, I may go back to the Philippines, never read anything about PI before we went and wow it was a shock.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Jerry8787 wrote:Well I told him his fatass needs to lose weight ;), but I know what you guys mean I signed up for chinalovematch and have gotten a little attention, he is still partial to filipinas and I think he wants to go back he met quite a few middle class girls who he connected with, I have 3 more weeks of vacation left so I might just use that and check china out with my cousin who is fluent in mandarin and did live there for many years, if I don't have any luck, I may go back to the Philippines, never read anything about PI before we went and wow it was a shock.
Is your cousin male or female? Kinda doesn't matter because they will be very helpful for you. On that website, take some time to browse all the profiles too keep a canned email that includes your QQ number, and talk about how you would like to practice Mandarin too and send that to every chick you like. Last login time doesnt matter. Some women never close it, and are just waiting for a good man to hit them up. That is how I found mine. As hot as she was, no one had ever messaged her before and her account was almost 1 year old!! When she got my email she added my QQ number to hers, and the rest is history...