Is America really as bad as it gets?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Is America really as bad as it gets?

Post by skeptic »

So ok, the USA is not as good as it gets. But is it really as bad as it gets? Reading through the forum, I wonder if it's realistically possible that a country with a long-time reputation of being among most desirable places to live in can actually be a direct opposite to that? Being originally from elswhere, I surely felt some disappointment with certain parts of American lifestyle or mentality, but not to the extent of regretting the move and wanting to return. You may say it's all about propaganda. But how come propaganda didn't help the Soviets to be perceived in a similar manner? How come North Korea is unable to advertise itself not as a threat to the world but as the most successful and attractive country? China actually seems to be more successfull in that, because the outside world seems to pay more attention to China's technological advancements and strong economic standing of its government rather than to overpopulation, gender imbalance (not in men's favor!), or lack of freedom of speech. But even China had never been an immigrant country while America was and still is. If America was indeed as bad as it gets, the word would have already spread around the world long time ago, and people in other countries wouldn't look up at it, but they still do.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Obviously not. The answer is the Congo. Or Detroit.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is America really as bad as it gets?

Post by Adama »

skeptic wrote:So ok, the USA is not as good as it gets. But is it really as bad as it gets? Reading through the forum, I wonder if it's realistically possible that a country with a long-time reputation of being among most desirable places to live in can actually be a direct opposite to that? Being originally from elswhere, I surely felt some disappointment with certain parts of American lifestyle or mentality, but not to the extent of regretting the move and wanting to return. You may say it's all about propaganda. But how come propaganda didn't help the Soviets to be perceived in a similar manner? How come North Korea is unable to advertise itself not as a threat to the world but as the most successful and attractive country? China actually seems to be more successfull in that, because the outside world seems to pay more attention to China's technological advancements and strong economic standing of its government rather than to overpopulation, gender imbalance (not in men's favor!), or lack of freedom of speech. But even China had never been an immigrant country while America was and still is. If America was indeed as bad as it gets, the word would have already spread around the world long time ago, and people in other countries wouldn't look up at it, but they still do.
So you are a doubter? You are a true skeptic.

This all depends on where you are from, and what your social position was where your family came from.

If you were starving where you came from, the steady paycheck will trump anything else. The social situation wont matter because on Maslow's heirarchy, food and shelter trump sex.

But if you can satisfy your needs for food, shelter, and the other basics, then the physical intimacy becomes important.

So if you are from an economically depressed nation-state, yes, the USA is heaven. If you are from a decent socio-economic level then no, there are many other countries with a much better social environment.

China has good media coverage because the elites are in favor of sending all our jobs there. They dont want us to hate China. Just as Larry Kudlow and all of those right wing economic pundits are in favor of out-sourcing.

North Korea doesnt have any positive coverage that I have seen.

The Soviets owned their media, and Stalin or whoever would murder whoever wouldnt obey him. They couldnt aire on TV anything against the state. Also, Stalin was responsible for the mass murder of millions of non-Jews. No one would have believed his TV propaganda when their fathers, brothers, et al were murdered.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Post by skeptic »

Adama wrote:So if you are from an economically depressed nation-state, yes, the USA is heaven. If you are from a decent socio-economic level then no, there are many other countries with a much better social environment
From this perspective, I never resided in a starving country. The former Soviet Union, with all economical troubles that accompanied its collape, it was never that bad. And my particular country (Belarus) was never involved in any regional conflict. So we were pretty much ok. The problem was the relatively high level of anti-semitism in the society. Another reason was the unwillingness to be drafted to an army where getting killed by bullies is more common than anywhere in the civilized world. Yet another reason for move was the lack of Jewish religious resources. In all these respects, America provides me exactly what I've expected from it.
Adama wrote:China has good media coverage because the elites are in favor of sending all our jobs there. They dont want us to hate China.
Is there a reason why they want to move our jobs to China specifically (as opposed to any other, perhaps even cheaper, country)?
Adama wrote:The Soviets owned their media, and Stalin or whoever would murder whoever wouldnt obey him. They couldnt aire on TV anything against the state.
But they didn't manage to advertise themselves to the rest of the world. The competition was exclusively between the governments, primarily in the military context. From what I understand, the general population of America never doubted the Soviet's inferiority.
Adama wrote:Also, Stalin was responsible for the mass murder of millions of non-Jews.
You're trying to tell me he was a great friend of Jews? Apparently you've never heard about the attempted genocide of the Soveit Jews by Stalin in 1953, which was only prevented by his own death.
Adama wrote:No one would have believed his TV propaganda when their fathers, brothers, et al were murdered.
Ironically, they believed! Even those who were exiled to Siberia sincerely believed that Stalin wasn't aware of what's going on.
But again, such propaganda was only successful within the Soviet borders, not abroad.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

skeptic wrote:
Adama wrote:So if you are from an economically depressed nation-state, yes, the USA is heaven. If you are from a decent socio-economic level then no, there are many other countries with a much better social environment
From this perspective, I never resided in a starving country. The former Soviet Union, with all economical troubles that accompanied its collape, it was never that bad. And my particular country (Belarus) was never involved in any regional conflict. So we were pretty much ok. The problem was the relatively high level of anti-semitism in the society. Another reason was the unwillingness to be drafted to an army where getting killed by bullies is more common than anywhere in the civilized world. Yet another reason for move was the lack of Jewish religious resources. In all these respects, America provides me exactly what I've expected from it.
Adama wrote:China has good media coverage because the elites are in favor of sending all our jobs there. They dont want us to hate China.
Is there a reason why they want to move our jobs to China specifically (as opposed to any other, perhaps even cheaper, country)?
Adama wrote:The Soviets owned their media, and Stalin or whoever would murder whoever wouldnt obey him. They couldnt aire on TV anything against the state.
But they didn't manage to advertise themselves to the rest of the world. The competition was exclusively between the governments, primarily in the military context. From what I understand, the general population of America never doubted the Soviet's inferiority.
Adama wrote:Also, Stalin was responsible for the mass murder of millions of non-Jews.
You're trying to tell me he was a great friend of Jews? Apparently you've never heard about the attempted genocide of the Soveit Jews by Stalin in 1953, which was only prevented by his own death.
Adama wrote:No one would have believed his TV propaganda when their fathers, brothers, et al were murdered.
Ironically, they believed! Even those who were exiled to Siberia sincerely believed that Stalin wasn't aware of what's going on.
But again, such propaganda was only successful within the Soviet borders, not abroad.
No. I was merely trying to state that most of the people he killed were non-Jewish.

It looks like you answered your own question as to why the USA is good for some people.

BTW, I wouldnt want to join an Army where murders are caused by bullying. I also think such an Army would make me into a murderer. Maybe this is why Ladislav refused to serve in the Ukrainian military, especially since he isnt an ethnic Ukrainian. Although he never mentioned bullying specifically.

As for TV, the USA has a reason for popularizing China and exporting jobs: it directly benefits the elites at the expense of the middleclass. There are millions of middle class idiots who think exporting jobs is good cause they earn more dividends on their stocks, and cause the media (including Larry Kudlow and other pundits) tell them it is good (but they never explain fully why or how it is good).

Exporting jobs is good for no one except the ones who own the company. Period. Everyone else becomes poorer.

The Soviet's reach was blocked by the west. The Soviets also didnt have enough funding to buy western media.

Probably at some point after Stalin the western elites decided to abandon the Soviet Union. Either it couldnt achieve its purpose or it had already fulfilled it.

Read Antonio Gramsci and Lenin. These men believed that you can not institute Communism by force. You have to institute a "long march through institutions" to infiltrate the culture. That is, take over religion, schooling of children, the media. And only after several generations of this will the people not revolt against communist outright (in their theory).

Therefore after they realized communism had failed, there was no reason to try to publicize outright to the west.

Besides that, anti-Soviet propaganda serves as a patriotic banner for western countries, something that is not to be violated.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

skeptic wrote:
That sounds familiar. I do remember now how much the people loved Stalin, from watching those documentaries.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

skeptic wrote:So ok, the USA is not as good as it gets. But is it really as bad as it gets? Reading through the forum, I wonder if it's realistically possible that a country with a long-time reputation of being among most desirable places to live in can actually be a direct opposite to that? Being originally from elswhere, I surely felt some disappointment with certain parts of American lifestyle or mentality, but not to the extent of regretting the move and wanting to return. You may say it's all about propaganda. But how come propaganda didn't help the Soviets to be perceived in a similar manner? How come North Korea is unable to advertise itself not as a threat to the world but as the most successful and attractive country? China actually seems to be more successfull in that, because the outside world seems to pay more attention to China's technological advancements and strong economic standing of its government rather than to overpopulation, gender imbalance (not in men's favor!), or lack of freedom of speech. But even China had never been an immigrant country while America was and still is. If America was indeed as bad as it gets, the word would have already spread around the world long time ago, and people in other countries wouldn't look up at it, but they still do.
Too many guys here love exaggerating how terrible the US is, out of emotional reasons mostly. The emotional , I wanna take my ball home and cry types. I don't really know of any countries that accept immigrants without bias that are nice. Most Asian countries are xenophobic and ethocentric and some are still developing. After a while nice scenery gets old but you will never become a citizen in those places. Singapore is probably the only exception. China's gender imbalance really isnt that bad compared to their wealth gap problem and food safety/pollution issues in some ways. There are still very very many pretty women to go around, they just don't want broke ass scrubs that may hit them or treat them badly at some point. Europe may be less safe, harder to become a citizen, etc depending upon the country. It's also much more expensive.

The whole world is getting worse morally, seriously. Globalization and Illuminati greed leaves no country untouched.

The only real "secret" on this website is that feminism is strangling this country to death. That is the only real Matrix in the US. Once unplugged, it makes a shitload of sense, but it's not that easy to catch right now. It's gaining momentum, but some of these stormfront bigots and misogynistic knuckleheads are going to make it a little tough to grab more level headed males out here faster.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

kai1275 wrote:
Too many guys here love exaggerating how terrible the US is, out of emotional reasons mostly. The emotional , I wanna take my ball home and cry types. I don't really know of any countries that accept immigrants without bias that are nice. Most Asian countries are xenophobic and ethocentric and some are still developing. After a while nice scenery gets old but you will never become a citizen in those places. Singapore is probably the only exception. China's gender imbalance really isnt that bad compared to their wealth gap problem and food safety/pollution issues in some ways. There are still very very many pretty women to go around, they just don't want broke a** scrubs that may hit them or treat them badly at some point. Europe may be less safe, harder to become a citizen, etc depending upon the country. It's also much more expensive.

The whole world is getting worse morally, seriously. Globalization and Illuminati greed leaves no country untouched.

The only real "secret" on this website is that feminism is strangling this country to death. That is the only real Matrix in the US. Once unplugged, it makes a shitload of sense, but it's not that easy to catch right now. It's gaining momentum, but some of these stormfront bigots and misogynistic knuckleheads are going to make it a little tough to grab more level headed males out here faster.
I disagree Kai. Have you even been out of the country yet? Personally, I feel much more free when I'm overseas than when I'm in the States--but that's just me! Anyone that says the U.S. is not a bad place and likes living here--deserves everything that is coming to them in the near future (when the country collapses). But, there is a segment of the population that loves living in the U.S., and I respect that--even though I vehemently disagree. In the end, people are free to choose to vote with their feet and decide what country best fits their personality and beliefs...
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
Too many guys here love exaggerating how terrible the US is, out of emotional reasons mostly. The emotional , I wanna take my ball home and cry types. I don't really know of any countries that accept immigrants without bias that are nice. Most Asian countries are xenophobic and ethocentric and some are still developing. After a while nice scenery gets old but you will never become a citizen in those places. Singapore is probably the only exception. China's gender imbalance really isnt that bad compared to their wealth gap problem and food safety/pollution issues in some ways. There are still very very many pretty women to go around, they just don't want broke a** scrubs that may hit them or treat them badly at some point. Europe may be less safe, harder to become a citizen, etc depending upon the country. It's also much more expensive.

I disagree Kai. Have you even been out of the country yet? Personally, I feel much more free when I'm overseas than when I'm in the States--but that's just me! Anyone that says the U.S. is not a bad place and likes living here--deserves everything that is coming to them in the near future (when the country collapses). But, there is a segment of the population that loves living in the U.S., and I respect that--even though I vehemently disagree. In the end, people are free to choose to vote with their feet and decide what country best fits their personality and beliefs...
Of course I have been out of the US. I'm just being realistic. Perhaps I have alot more to lose here in the US than most of you, and few places outside the US can grant me the things and accomplishments/success I have made here. In many cases, I have far far more freedoms in the US than outside of it. Freedom of speech is actually still much greater than outside the US. Especially if you have a big mouth with a sharp tongue.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Freedom of speech is allowed for corruption of the masses. No censorship so all kinds of moral deprivation seeps through the airwaves. It's what Adama said. The Frankfurt School.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

So ok, the USA is not as good as it gets. But is it really as bad as it gets? Reading through the forum, I wonder if it's realistically possible that a country with a long-time reputation of being among most desirable places to live in can actually be a direct opposite to that?
The US is not as bad as it gets. And it is a very good place to live for many people. It's not a good place for men to date, though and generally, this is what this board is all about.
Being originally from elswhere, I surely felt some disappointment with certain parts of American lifestyle or mentality, but not to the extent of regretting the move and wanting to return.
Good for you and kindly find a board that is titled Happierathome.com and become a regular poster there.
You may say it's all about propaganda. But how come propaganda didn't help the Soviets to be perceived in a similar manner?
Within the USSR, they fooled their people very well for decades. They also fooled many of their neighbors and many Latin Americans, Asians and Africans. They were perceived as an excellent place to live. Getting visas to get in there was hard though. As well as getting visas to get out.
How come North Korea is unable to advertise itself not as a threat to the world but as the most successful and attractive country?
They don't have the money to do that and also, they don't want immigrants. But inside of the country, you can see that the people have been fooled very well.

But even China had never been an immigrant country while America was and still is. If America was indeed as bad as it gets, the word would have already spread around the world long time ago, and people in other countries wouldn't look up at it, but they still do.
I look up to it for business acumen, work ethics and common sense. God bless America for those. It's just that it's no dating paradise for men and the social aspect of culture is that of endless loneliness ( for men at least).

Also, people that look up to it are mostly those who come from 3d world nations that need the US help. Not Germans, not Spaniards, not Swiss or French. You don't even see them coming.
Most Asian countries are xenophobic and ethocentric and some are still developing. After a while nice scenery gets old but you will never become a citizen in those places.
It's true but some people will just be happy with long term visas. Quite a few people become citizens of Japan and also, with enough connections, you can become a citizen of the Philippines. Most people are just happy with permanent residency and/or long term visas. And in America, becoming a citizen only basically gives you a right to vote and a passport to travel on. Socially it does not change a thing- people still call you by the name of the country you were born in and call you an immigrant forever. An illegal immigrant, a legal permanent resident and a naturalized citizen are all listed as foreign born population - non Americans. America is very nativistic. And even if you are born here and are not white/black or have a weird name, they again call you by the name of the country that you have never seen. It's very ingrained. So, you might as well just be a foreigner in Asia.

My fundamental point is you need to be an eclectic opportunist and never give up or burn bridges behind you. Combine several countries with America being one of them and you will have a complete life. That is the solution.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

ladislav wrote:
Being originally from elswhere, I surely felt some disappointment with certain parts of American lifestyle or mentality, but not to the extent of regretting the move and wanting to return.
Good for you and kindly find a board that is titled Happierathome.com and become a regular poster there.
Yes, please do this.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

abcdavid01 wrote:
ladislav wrote:
Yes, please do this.
Gee golly gosh! Extremist, polarized, and fringe views like yours certainly paint a vivid picture upon which we can all feel inspired from!! :roll:
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

My views are no more polarizing than Winston's, so that's a moot point. Polarization in and of itself isn't a problem anyway. Happier Abroad is polarizing. Skeptic's just kind of annoying.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Political Speech is the only speech worth having no restrictions. Everything else is fair game for restrictions IMO. So I partially agree with you.