How will I fare in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Re: How will I fare in the Philippines?

Post by Hero »

davewe wrote:As to the comment about weight, it's simply not true. You are no longer in the West and dont have to worry that you are not directly off the cover of GQ.
That's true. One of my Pinay GFs made fun of my big b00bs. But that didn't stop her from jumping me :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

davewe wrote:IMO, the biggest obstacle for a guy your age who wants to marry is the perception among many Pinays that young guys are players. Actually it may be an accurate perception. This accounts for Filipinas interest in guys who are a bit older. But if you are sincere I believe you can overcome this.
They also think that middle-aged guys who've never been married must be players. They simply cannot understand why a guy like me would still be single.
Deuce
Freshman Poster

Post by Deuce »

well after being on cb for almost a month, i have narrowed it down to a few girls, on i think is a goldmine, i dont mean money but she has no parents,,,virtually now family as her grandmother raised her and died a few years ago, she put herself throught school and now has a good job, she is umber one on my list
JoeSmith
Freshman Poster

Post by JoeSmith »

I've written a lot about what to look for as far as scammers go.

As others have mentioned, you'll probably be expected to help the family financially if you marry a Filipina. But the sincere ones will not start asking for money when you are just in the dating phase. Keep in mind scammers are usually out to make a quick buck--it doesn't take them long to start asking for money.

I also concur with what others say about meeting several women and not settling on just one too quickly.

Don't get in a rush.
Joe
Happily married and living in the Philippines.
http://marryafilipina.net
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Hero wrote:
davewe wrote:As to the comment about weight, it's simply not true. You are no longer in the West and dont have to worry that you are not directly off the cover of GQ.
That's true. One of my Pinay GFs made fun of my big b00bs. But that didn't stop her from jumping me :D
You don't want to be around Johnny1975 when he's drunk. F.uck around and he may s.uck on your gynecomastia.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Hero wrote:
You don't want to be around Johnny1975 when he's drunk. F.uck around and he may s.uck on your gynecomastia.
HAHAHAHA!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Mr S wrote:You can find decent or bad girls anywhere, just because lets say Angeles city has a lot of bars which may not be of some people's liking doesn't mean you can't find decent girls there. In the Philippines it's a numbers game and the more girls you meet and get to know the easier it is to figure out what kind of girls you like or don't like. AC isn't really that bad a place cause in actuality all the girls would like to meet a decent foreigner and at least all the decent looking ones are already on display so you don't have to run around the country trying to find women that match your fancy. If you're smart enough then you won't fall for the scammers or liars, if your stupid or just fall for emotional BS then you'll get suckered anywhere whether its in AC or some other city.

The best girls to get with are either the youngest in the family, stay away from the oldest or older girls in the families cause they will have more responsibilities and will have to support their younger siblings. So always ask how many brothers & sisters they have. The less, the better.

Another option is to find girls where their parents are already dead, thus that solves the issue of having to deal with family.

Find girls who have been disowned by their family or their family has gotten separated and the mother and father left the kid on her own. Believe it or not this is common in PI, you will find many girls like this working the nightlife scene. The key is to find and grab them before they get too jaded with life and get sucked into the bar scene.

Hang around the university campuses or outside hang out spots around them (eating places0 and meet/talk with girls there. Some may be chatty and interested in meeting foreigners since they probably don't go out much or are from areas where there aren't many foreigners. They probably come from stable families and most likely won't be moochers or there is less probability.

Sales girls in stores and malls are usually pretty easy to chat up. Girls that have colored eye lenses, whiter looking skin and dyed hair other than black tend to have a Euro fetish so they are probably easiest to chat up and get with. There are always at least a few in every big department store or mall.

Meeting girls in bars and clubs is a numbers game. Most of the girls you meet where foreigners go will either be working girls or girls working to make some extra cash. If you go to a place with just Filipinos most girls will be in groups with friends and won't be much interested in chatting with you.

No city in Philippines is necessarily good or bad for meeting or dating local women, you just have to remember that it's all a numbers game and the bigger the city the more likely it is to have a higher concentration of better looking women if you are just randomly meeting women. Making planned arrangements on the internet one can find decent women but you have to plan ahead and hope they show up at your designated meeting area, which may or may not ever happen. Most likely if they are not near the city they may ask for transportation costs, which can be understood if they are reasonable but a newbie wouldn't know the real costs of travel in PI so might get had. Like a previous poster stated most girls aren't really that smart but most Western guys will be so desperate for female companionship that they will be thinking with their little head and that's where all the problems start to begin with.

I wouldn't get with single mothers unless you already wanted a premade family to begin with or the women already has her own money and either has a business or she is already educated and making her own money as some kind of professional. You don't need to be Santa Claus in PI as there are still many decent women who don't have kids running around. Remember you don't know the other half of the DNA the kid is made up or and he/she could be a nightmare if you decide to be the 'good guy' and marry a single mother, when in all reality you never even have to put that into consideration since there is such a huge population of young single women running around, it's not like Anglo countries where you have to grab what you can get and hope for the best. If you think the single mom is super hot or something, find out if she has younger sisters and go after them. I'm sure one of them is of age and looks just as good and doesn't have a kid to deal with yet.

Filipinas for the most part act like teens until their in their late 20's or 30's. So they can be really immature at times, but some guys like that. Depending on their education level will determine what you can do with them in regards to taking them out on the town. If they come from the province and have a shitty education or no education you can take them places but don't expect much conversation or them feeling comfortable cause they will feel out of place. You'll have a bigger conversation talking to your pet dog or cat than most Filipinas at the dinner table. You don't believe me? Go ahead and tale her to an upper class eating or hang out place where richer Filipinos go and see how she behaves.

Middle/upper class girls who are properly educated you can pretty much do whatever with them, it's just after a while they start acting like Wesstern girls in some ways, especially if they are materialistic oriented. They tend to also try to put a leash on men and will start testing the waters to see how much control she can have over you. It won't be apparent in a two week stay for example, but if you were with her over months she would put the clamps on you slowly without you realizing it or if you do and don't put a stop to it it will just keep increasing until you might as well be married or have a Western GF.

The educated middle/upper Filipinas aren't actually that much different than Western women other than they act and appear more feminine and may have more conservative type values than Western women. I think this is why many older Western guys just would rather go with a good looking simple Filipina from the province or city. Even though she may not be educated much or be worldly, she is much easier to deal with and not as much drama BS. But then again she won't be much of a conversationalist and other things that go along with that deficiency but if you just want companionship and someone who can take care of the house and any future kids and you can be the main money maker in the family then you don't need the headache of the higher classes/educated Filipina, it may just be more of a headache or just the same as a Western woman.

I like the Visayas area for Filipinas, check out the cities around the middle part of Philippine islands (Cebu, Iloilo, Bacolod). Also Southern Luzon is okay like Naga city area. if you like Big round eyes like Bambi eyes, for some reason a lot of girls in Bicol area of PI have the genetic propensity for that in comparison to other parts of the country. I'm not really into slanty Asian eyes so more rounder big eyes with a slight oriental look are very attractive in my opinion. My kid's mother is from that area and now my kid inherited natural big eyes so it makes her look very attractive and like a doll, or the way Japanese animation makes over sized eyes on women and girls, that's how my kid's eyes are but they are natural. If you are white it makes a good combo look on for a child, especially a girl.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Deuce wrote:ok guys I'm roughly 250, 6'1, I have a stable job, I'm very attracted to filipinas, I plan on visiting for a week or two in about 4 months, I'm a member of cb, though havent bought a membership so i cannot read any emails, I have gotten like 50 emails since i made my account about 5 days ago, what should i look pout for, im 25, im not interested for p4p as i can do that in the us, my goal is to eventually find a wife. i have heard that if you flat out tell a girl that you will only support her and not her family or if they ask for money it is ok to tell them no?
I think at your age, you're too young to worry about things like "only supporting the girl and not her family". Look, you're young, tall, and virile. Go out and see the world, enjoy your youth, and don't limit yourself to PH. If this is your first visit to PH, go see the country and don't put too much effort in arranging your travel plans around girls on internet dating sites.
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

Mr S wrote:You can find decent or bad girls anywhere, just because lets say Angeles city has a lot of bars which may not be of some people's liking doesn't mean you can't find decent girls there. In the Philippines it's a numbers game and the more girls you meet and get to know the easier it is to figure out what kind of girls you like or don't like. AC isn't really that bad a place cause in actuality all the girls would like to meet a decent foreigner and at least all the decent looking ones are already on display so you don't have to run around the country trying to find women that match your fancy. If you're smart enough then you won't fall for the scammers or liars, if your stupid or just fall for emotional BS then you'll get suckered anywhere whether its in AC or some other city.
Worst advice I have read on this page ever.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

germanguy wrote:
Why?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

kai1275 wrote:
germanguy wrote:
Why?
I don't agree it's the worst advise, but don't think it's good advise either. Sure, you might meet a good girl for an LTR in AC. Hell, you might meet a good girl in NYC, but you're more likely to meet good girls in places where good girls want to go. PI's a big country, there's a ton of available girls of both the good and bad varieties - so meeting large numbers as Mr. S suggested is no problem. If you want to go to AC, go there for the standard reasons, and if you happen to meet a nice girl you fall in love with - consider yourself fortunate. But if the bar scene isn't for you, avoid the place.

Literature and films are filled with stories of the hooker with the heart of gold. I'm sure there are a few. But if your sole interest is in finding a good girl for an LTR why go to a place where the most often heard remark is "How much is the bar fine?"
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

What is so bad about Angeles City? Is it a city full of whores and debauchery? What is it like, the Las Vegas of the Philippines?
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Whatever negative images that westerners have in the Philippines they can only blame themselves....Filipinos do not go out of our way to find fault in other people....we only get negative images of certain foreigners due to how they act in the country...the reason why Indians are not liked is due to their actions...and because they smell bad

most filipinas find unhygenic people as unattractive....
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

kai1275 wrote: Why?
Because Angeles City is the hooker capital of the PI. Maybe even the hooker capital of entire SEA.

If you look to find a sincere woman there then you have everything against you.

1. Huge number of hookers or semi-pros, there is no way to know if the girl you date is not a hooker
2. decent women in a city like that would not date a foreigner because everyone would assume she is a hooker
3. every gold digger in the entire PI is knows that angeles is a place to find a desperate foreigner
4. city is full of whore mongers...everyone is going to assume your girl is a hooker (and rightfully so)
5. as a foreigner in angeles you are not special in any way, you are just another customer. in remote areas of PI people are going to be interested in you, just because you are a foreigner
6. foreigners in angeles have the reputation to be whore mongers and every girl that you approach is going to think you are like that aswell..no decent girl is every going to trust you
targetguy
Freshman Poster

text mate

Post by targetguy »

:lol: Plan to be a text mate for a long time and money for a lot of illness and other issues. And after you have spent a lot of money things might not work out except your wallet is empty. After two of these relationships If someone is really interested in someone from there they are better off living there for a while.
no scammers