Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: "Educated" filipinas are apparently nearly the

Post by davewe »

Array9 wrote:
There are a lot of smart women in the Philippines who don't have a college education but are more desirable than the educated ones. They know how to save money, come from a decent family and would never lose their humble nature.
I agree and this is a reason some guys are very happy with Filipinas, whether they have a college education or not.

IMO there is a middle ground between "they are all simpletons" and "they are all devious scammers" or "the educated ones are as Westernized as Western women."

Simpletons: There are plenty for sure, but as has been pointed out, they are girls with no education but practical common sense, and far more emotional intelligence than most Western women. If you get past a chat or 2 you will discover that some of these simple girls have much to say. They don't say it at 1st because they are shy, don't fully trust you, and are reluctant to tell you what their life is actually like. So a girl like this that you are barely getting to know will not tell you what her problems are, since she doesn't want to drive you away. So you ask what she did today or what she thinks about some issue - and you get very little back. She doesn't want to tell you what she did because she is embarrassed at what she must do to earn money. She doesn't want to admit that she hasn't studied the issues for the upcoming elections because she has no time for it and probably no time to wait in the long lines to vote. So you might want to cut these girls a break. I met many fine, but simple Filipinas.

But if you don't want the simple girls, there are many girls with education. Most of the dating sites let you filter based on that criteria.

But understand that a college education in PI is not like a liberal arts Western education. My girl just got her BS in Business Administration. This doesn't mean that she studied Keynesian Economics, but she did learn accounting, bookkeeping, and marketing tactics. Undergraduate college in PI is designed to give you job skills, not debating skills. For this reason there are millions of Filipinos working throughout the world as nurses and technicians at hospitals, in personal healthcare, in the Middle East maintaining machines at oil refineries, providing service at hotels, etc. They are not intellectual, but they can get shit done. Understand that in a poor country intellectual discourse doesn't pay the rent. So while you are shocked at their lack of intellectual curiosity, they are shocked that we spend time doing stuff or ruminating on stuff that doesn't make money. In their minds it reemphasizes the stereotype that we are all rich kanos who can waste time on nonsense.

Most Filipinas, even those with professional jobs, work long hours, 6-days a week, and I suspect there is little time for the hobbies or thought processes we in the West indulge ourselves with.

So yes, you are unlikely to find Filipinas with whom to discuss quantum mechanics. Of course, if that's what you want to do with a hot young girl - then we have different goals :)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Johnny1975 wrote:Here's an interesting thought: Is there any way to take a simple girl, with all her good qualities, and somehow increase her intellect to a level that is sufficient to make her more stimulating, and to do it in a fairly short time?
There's always someone trying to ice skate uphill. :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I know Teal. I'm usually that guy.

I get the feeling that education over there is like beauty in western countries.

Western women are on average ok looking (they could be better if they made an effort), and filipinas are on average simple-average intelligence. If a women in the west is slightly more beautiful than the average, even if that means something as simple as having nice long hair and wearing slightly revealing clothes, she is considered and therefore sees herself as extremely high status, beauty wise.

Most filipinas are simple. If a filipina is educated, she is considered and therefore sees herself as very high status in that respect.

Western women take intelligence for granted. Filipinas take their beauty for granted.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Ghost wrote:Well, I would want a simple one any day, especially for marriage.

When I first started talking to AW-esque filipinas, I was really worried for a bit. It had been quite a while since I had tried to chat with filipinas online, and I thought for a moment that their culture was deteriorating quickly into a western-like shithole.

And it all goes back to the question of how badly feminism is hitting Asia and other parts of the world. If it stays contained to metropolises like Manila, then it is no big deal. Just avoid it and those women will screw themselves over like anglo-bitches are doing.
True. But there will always be a trickle of women going to the big cities for one reason or another, to better themselves or whatever, and so that mentality will spread. They'll go home and influence their sisters and cousins, etc. And on it goes. Feminism will always mutate to fit a new culture. The only way it will fall will be under its own weight, i.e. when things fall apart in a big way people will naturally question it.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Johnny1975 wrote:If a women in the west is slightly more beautiful than the average, even if that means something as simple as having nice long hair and wearing slightly revealing clothes, she is considered and therefore sees herself as extremely high status, beauty wise.
Hell, in the West, almost any thin woman appears attractive to me, because I'm comparing her to a population with a 60% rate of obesity. Put her in high heels, and she becomes hot.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

fschmidt wrote:
Adama wrote:I dont see the point in marrying an educated woman.
The main benefit is that she can homeschool your kids. I homeschool my daughter who will not go to college but will be much more educated than most college graduates. She will be equipped to teach any high school course on any subject, which I hope she applies to homeschooling her kids.
This! It's good to have a smart woman. It's also good when she is smart enough to know how to keep a man the correct way and understand her role. Gotta find that happy medium man. You don't want a dumb ass woman watching your kids either. You could come home to a dead child or one with a broken bone and Ms. Idiot handled the whole deal poorly, then you got your mom and others yelling at your ass about how dumb your wife is. Trust me, you don't want that kind of drama....

Those girls you described remind me of Chinese girls that come to the US for study. over 90% of them are super rich. I would not be surprised if all those women you spoke to were rich or powerfully connected. ALL those girls are like AW here. None of them are marriage material. Also women act bitchy when in groups containing at least 1 bitch. There may have been one gem in that group chat, but the louder ones may have dominated the perception.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

The kind of intelligence that I would want :

* Intelligent enough to understand me
* Makes insightful comments or observations. They don't have to be original, just intelligent
* Understands basic logic and reason
* Aware of her surroundings
* Socially well adjusted
* Reasonably worldly
* Likes to read (not just magazines / gossip)
* Has some skill, knowledge, accomplishments. Anything. It doesn't even have to be at a high level, as long as she knows stuff and is quite good at some stuff
* Doesn't talk sh it. Empty, vacuous, incosequential nonsense
* Thinks before talking
* Usually has something to say about most things. Anything. Has some opinions
* Not too simple. Has some mystery to her. Doesn't have a one dimensional personality
* A little bit of fire, gutsy, a bit of attitude (not too much)
* Discussions / debates are lively
* Has some interests
* Pensive, inquisitive, curious
* Emotionally responsive, not dead
* Not puerile, childish (a bit of silliness of good though)
* There are some things in life that matter to her, are important to her
* Has a life outside of me, stuff going on, always has something fresh to bring to the table
* Talkative
* Expressive demeanour, switched on

It seems like a lot but really it's just basic stuff.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Johnny1975 wrote:The kind of intelligence that I would want :

* Intelligent enough to understand me
* Makes insightful comments or observations. They don't have to be original, just intelligent
* Understands basic logic and reason
* Aware of her surroundings
* Socially well adjusted
* Reasonably worldly
* Likes to read (not just magazines / gossip)
* Has some skill, knowledge, accomplishments. Anything. It doesn't even have to be at a high level, as long as she knows stuff and is quite good at some stuff
* Doesn't talk sh it. Empty, vacuous, incosequential nonsense
* Thinks before talking
* Usually has something to say about most things. Anything. Has some opinions
* Not too simple. Has some mystery to her. Doesn't have a one dimensional personality
* A little bit of fire, gutsy, a bit of attitude (not too much)
* Discussions / debates are lively
* Has some interests
* Pensive, inquisitive, curious
* Emotionally responsive, not dead
* Not puerile, childish (a bit of silliness of good though)
* There are some things in life that matter to her, are important to her
* Has a life outside of me, stuff going on, always has something fresh to bring to the table
* Talkative
* Expressive demeanour, switched on

It seems like a lot but really it's just basic stuff.
Hmm I think I can help steer you in a few directions. Looks Like you either want an ENTJ, or an ENFJ. Maybe ENTP or very balanced ESTJ or ENFP.....

The ENTJ and ENFJs are closest to what you are looking for except ENTJ's are rare. Like 3% of the total world population or less depending upon who you believe. ENFPs are difficult to sum up in one sentence. They are the jack of all trades, master of nothing type. Just be extra extra careful when dealing with one of those. They can charm anyone right off the bat, then show you a side of crazy that shocks to the core. ENFJ's talk a little shit sometimes. All of them do. They have the best sense of humor though. Just watch out for their smooth tongues. They are known as the silver tongue type for a reason. Most comedians are this type too.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/relationships.html
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Ghost wrote:Also, things could be framed in terms of what kind of intelligence you are looking for. There is much more than only book smarts and Western-attitudes.

A woman who can (and wants to!) devote herself to caring for her husband and children, nurturing, cooking for, and being faithful - this is a kind of intelligence, and the vast majority of anglo women are completely stupid in these regards.
Correct Ghost!

IMO the biggest problem that men make regarding being "happier abroad" (included many here on HA) is their desire to find a place similar to their Western homes - except with cheaper prices and hotter women.

Now you can go to Phils and other countries and find hot women and cheap prices - but the women won't have Western character and sensibilities and the cheap prices will not be for Western style goods and services. Accept that and you can be successful - look for a version of your Western home and you'll come to hate it abroad.

As Ghost says, Filipinas do have intelligence - it's just not American, liberal arts school intelligence. Those who can accept and enjoy what they have will be happy campers with loving gfs or wives. Those who can't will either return to AWs or bounce from place to place, looking for the mythical perfect place, with those cheap prices and hot girls.
JimmyC
Freshman Poster

Post by JimmyC »

davewe wrote:Most Filipinas, even those with professional jobs, work long hours, 6-days a week, and I suspect there is little time for the hobbies or thought processes we in the West indulge ourselves with.
I love you like a brother Dave, but I'm not prepared to put critical thinking into the indulgence barrel. I totally 'get' that people working long hours have less time and maybe the inclination to ruminate on the Eternal Verities, but to abandon intellectual pursuits altogether is neither desirable nor something to applaud.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Yes, perhaps a girl being a total airhead has undesirable traits. The answer is to find girls like I'm sure fschmidt's daughter will grow u to be. Or a woman like this:

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/

But ultimately, having a woman with higher emotional intelligence can be incredibly inspiring and offer new angles/insights. So I consider the women I've met with those sensibilities very intelligent. Conversations with then can feed your own drive to succeed or process intellectual concepts. It all boils down to morality anyway. Women like that ground you. It's a positive feedback loop, but time with vapid (Western) sluts does the opposite. It makes one cold and resentful and unwilling to succeed since the reward is not so great.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Surely the main reason your wife needs to be intelligent is in order to birth intelligent children. The world already has more than enough stupid people, so there really is no excuse for producing more of them.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

JimmyC wrote:
davewe wrote:Most Filipinas, even those with professional jobs, work long hours, 6-days a week, and I suspect there is little time for the hobbies or thought processes we in the West indulge ourselves with.
I love you like a brother Dave, but I'm not prepared to put critical thinking into the indulgence barrel.
As long as the critical thinking first and foremost involves how to make me happy, I'm in total agreement, Jimmy :D

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”