Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
JimmyC
Freshman Poster

Re: "Educated" filipinas are apparently nearly the

Post by JimmyC »

davewe wrote:
JimmyC wrote:
davewe wrote:Most Filipinas, even those with professional jobs, work long hours, 6-days a week, and I suspect there is little time for the hobbies or thought processes we in the West indulge ourselves with.
I love you like a brother Dave, but I'm not prepared to put critical thinking into the indulgence barrel.
As long as the critical thinking first and foremost involves how to make me happy, I'm in total agreement, Jimmy :D
I feel the same way Dave, I just try not to say it out loud :)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

There can be a balance. Just use Magnum's kiss test. If you can see yourself kissing her without being disgusted, she's beautiful enough. Intelligence and femininity (and masculinity in men for that matter) often seem to have an inverse relationship. It is important to find a woman with that complementary genius, emotional intelligence, and perhaps even a form of spirituality. That is how to reconcile intelligence, beauty and femininity.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Cornfed wrote:Surely the main reason your wife needs to be intelligent is in order to birth intelligent children. The world already has more than enough stupid people, so there really is no excuse for producing more of them.
Companionship is one of the most important things to get from a woman. Without intelligence you can still have it, but it can get boring fast.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

kai1275 wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:The kind of intelligence that I would want :

* Intelligent enough to understand me
* Makes insightful comments or observations. They don't have to be original, just intelligent
* Understands basic logic and reason
* Aware of her surroundings
* Socially well adjusted
* Reasonably worldly
* Likes to read (not just magazines / gossip)
* Has some skill, knowledge, accomplishments. Anything. It doesn't even have to be at a high level, as long as she knows stuff and is quite good at some stuff
* Doesn't talk sh it. Empty, vacuous, incosequential nonsense
* Thinks before talking
* Usually has something to say about most things. Anything. Has some opinions
* Not too simple. Has some mystery to her. Doesn't have a one dimensional personality
* A little bit of fire, gutsy, a bit of attitude (not too much)
* Discussions / debates are lively
* Has some interests
* Pensive, inquisitive, curious
* Emotionally responsive, not dead
* Not puerile, childish (a bit of silliness of good though)
* There are some things in life that matter to her, are important to her
* Has a life outside of me, stuff going on, always has something fresh to bring to the table
* Talkative
* Expressive demeanour, switched on

It seems like a lot but really it's just basic stuff.
Hmm I think I can help steer you in a few directions. Looks Like you either want an ENTJ, or an ENFJ. Maybe ENTP or very balanced ESTJ or ENFP.....

The ENTJ and ENFJs are closest to what you are looking for except ENTJ's are rare. Like 3% of the total world population or less depending upon who you believe. ENFPs are difficult to sum up in one sentence. They are the jack of all trades, master of nothing type. Just be extra extra careful when dealing with one of those. They can charm anyone right off the bat, then show you a side of crazy that shocks to the core. ENFJ's talk a little shit sometimes. All of them do. They have the best sense of humor though. Just watch out for their smooth tongues. They are known as the silver tongue type for a reason. Most comedians are this type too.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/relationships.html
Maybe you could elaborate and explain the different types. I saw the link and it does break it down but I think it would make for an interesting discussion.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

For me, having an intelligent wife is important for a number of reasons. First, because we have two kids together. Not only do I not want my kids embedded with stupid genes, I also want her to be able to take care of them should anything happen to me, and I don't always want to do the thinking for her.

I've had women who I had to take care of everything for and it's no fun. They need to be smart enough to figure out how to fill out a passport application or know how to read a contract - at the very least.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Johnny1975 wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:The kind of intelligence that I would want :

* Intelligent enough to understand me
* Makes insightful comments or observations. They don't have to be original, just intelligent
* Understands basic logic and reason
* Aware of her surroundings
* Socially well adjusted
* Reasonably worldly
* Likes to read (not just magazines / gossip)
* Has some skill, knowledge, accomplishments. Anything. It doesn't even have to be at a high level, as long as she knows stuff and is quite good at some stuff
* Doesn't talk sh it. Empty, vacuous, incosequential nonsense
* Thinks before talking
* Usually has something to say about most things. Anything. Has some opinions
* Not too simple. Has some mystery to her. Doesn't have a one dimensional personality
* A little bit of fire, gutsy, a bit of attitude (not too much)
* Discussions / debates are lively
* Has some interests
* Pensive, inquisitive, curious
* Emotionally responsive, not dead
* Not puerile, childish (a bit of silliness of good though)
* There are some things in life that matter to her, are important to her
* Has a life outside of me, stuff going on, always has something fresh to bring to the table
* Talkative
* Expressive demeanour, switched on

It seems like a lot but really it's just basic stuff.
Hmm I think I can help steer you in a few directions. Looks Like you either want an ENTJ, or an ENFJ. Maybe ENTP or very balanced ESTJ or ENFP.....

The ENTJ and ENFJs are closest to what you are looking for except ENTJ's are rare. Like 3% of the total world population or less depending upon who you believe. ENFPs are difficult to sum up in one sentence. They are the jack of all trades, master of nothing type. Just be extra extra careful when dealing with one of those. They can charm anyone right off the bat, then show you a side of crazy that shocks to the core. ENFJ's talk a little shit sometimes. All of them do. They have the best sense of humor though. Just watch out for their smooth tongues. They are known as the silver tongue type for a reason. Most comedians are this type too.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/relationships.html
Maybe you could elaborate and explain the different types. I saw the link and it does break it down but I think it would make for an interesting discussion.
Dude typetalking and typewatching is soooooo much f***ing fun! I could talk all day long about that. I recently managed to get some insight on The CIA's version they use on people to build profiles and I had alot of fun with that. I would love to talk types, i just hope Winston or the mods don't throw your topic into the psychology forum, lol.

In order to break it down more..... hmm. Let's see if I can match that to your original post... Outside of that, narrow it down to what exactly would you like to know more about? I have lots of materials and might be able to find some stuff online via google for you to see as well. Also finding out what your type is can help you alot more find out what your best match types would be.

Intelligent enough to understand me (ALL)
* Makes insightful comments or observations. They don't have to be original, just intelligent (ALL)
* Understands basic logic and reason (ALL)
* Aware of her surroundings (ALL)
* Socially well adjusted (ALL)
* Reasonably worldly (ALL)
* Likes to read (not just magazines / gossip) (ENTJ/ENFP)
* Has some skill, knowledge, accomplishments. Anything. It doesn't even have to be at a high level, as long as she knows stuff and is quite good at some stuff (ALL)
* Doesn't talk sh it. Empty, vacuous, incosequential nonsense (ENFP)
* Thinks before talking (ENTJ)
* Usually has something to say about most things. Anything. Has some opinions (ENTJ/ENFP)
* Not too simple. Has some mystery to her. Doesn't have a one dimensional personality (ENFJ/ENFP, ENTJ maybe....)
* A little bit of fire, gutsy, a bit of attitude (not too much) (ENTJ only, the others may have alot more)
* Discussions / debates are lively (ALL)
* Has some interests (ALL)
* Pensive, inquisitive, curious (ENTJ/ENFP)
* Emotionally responsive, not dead (ENFP/ENFJ)
* Not puerile, childish (a bit of silliness of good though) (ENTJ)
* There are some things in life that matter to her, are important to her (ALL)
* Has a life outside of me, stuff going on, always has something fresh to bring to the table (ENTJ/ENFP)
* Talkative (ALL)
* Expressive demeanour, switched on (ENTJ/ENFP/ENFJ)
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Thank you kai, you're very helpful.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:Here's an interesting thought: Is there any way to take a simple girl, with all her good qualities, and somehow increase her intellect to a level that is sufficient to make her more stimulating, and to do it in a fairly short time?
There's always someone trying to ice skate uphill. :lol:
Well it's actually possible, but you gotta find the right woman and have the patience and intellect as well plus funds to bring her up to speed to Western education standards.

I used to work with a Kiwi who met his current wife when he was in his late 50's or early 60's I believe. She was only 18 and working as a waitress in a hotel in Zamboanga City.

He basically self-educated her himself as well as put her through one of the local universities here and got a degree in hotel and restaurant management then he sent her off to New Zealand so she could do her 3 year residency to get New Zealand citizenship and she is now one of the managers or supervisors of a local Starbucks somewhere in NZ. Mind you he has a PHD and is pretty intellectual and no nonsense type of guy. I think it took around 5 years to get her up to speed, but she it takes two and she was a willing participant as well. If you meet her now she doesn't really act like a typical Fillipina anymore, but you really can't if you want to upgrade them to a suedo Western standard of education and mannerisms. plus he is a die hard atheist who can't stand anything religious especially Christianity so he had to deprogram her of Catholic thought as well.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Most Western men who marry Filipina's and reside in the Philippines tend to date or marry what would be considered the lower class or uneducated ones. I think it has to do with most men that can afford to live here on their own are usually over 50 and educated women, even Filipinas won't get with older guys as they will stick with men of similar age or already be in a relationship. The only women who are willing to go or date older guys are the ones who come from lower socio-economic standings and are trying to upgrade their lives.

Generally, if you wanted to get with one of the higher educated Filipinas who graduated from one of the top 3 universities in PI you would have to be in your 20's maybe 30's if you look good, live in the country and court her traditionally most likely. Most Western guys aren't in a position to do that or aren't willing to jump through the cultural hoops just to get some putang. So they settle on the girls they meet in bars, discos, online who look good and treat them better than Western women.

Since these women generally are uneducated or intellectually handicapped the men will go out to the foreigner bars or hang outs a few times a week and make and meet fellow expats and that's where they get their intellectual stimulation and other Western communication topics off their chest. Then they go home and bang the wife and drink some beers and the cycle continues. They don't marry the hot Filipina's here for their brains but for their looks and carting them around like a trophy wife here and there saying look at how hot my wife is in comparison to how much of an old, fat, ugly f**k I am, ha ha eat shit gawkers.

BTW, I agree once women get to a certain educational level they all act the same whether they are from USA or Philippines, Women are women and they all want money, material nonscense and prestige. If you want an educated women who isn't a bitch you gotta weed through them just like you would in a Western country and they will be rare to find in whichever country your in. Most want to eventually cuckold their BF or husbands but will do it in ways which the guy won't know until it's too late. That's why the smarter older guys who have already been divorced once or twice know the stakes and just go for the hot simpleton girls who are less trouble overall to deal with and even if they have occasional emotional temper tantrums from time to time the Western guy is usually smart enough to diffuse the situation and doesn't have to worry about his life being destroyed in divorce court or whatever.

This is life in the PI, I've met many guys like this. In PI they are trying to reenact their lost teen's and 20's with the simple girls here, and they can do it. It rejuvenates them so that's why they never want to leave. Similar to Thailand probably, but at least you can converse with them with English in PI.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Mr S wrote:Most Western men who marry Filipina's and reside in the Philippines tend to date or marry what would be considered the lower class or uneducated ones. I think it has to do with most men that can afford to live here on their own are usually over 50 and educated women, even Filipinas won't get with older guys as they will stick with men of similar age or already be in a relationship. The only women who are willing to go or date older guys are the ones who come from lower socio-economic standings and are trying to upgrade their lives.

Generally, if you wanted to get with one of the higher educated Filipinas who graduated from one of the top 3 universities in PI you would have to be in your 20's maybe 30's if you look good, live in the country and court her traditionally most likely. Most Western guys aren't in a position to do that or aren't willing to jump through the cultural hoops just to get some putang. So they settle on the girls they meet in bars, discos, online who look good and treat them better than Western women.

Since these women generally are uneducated or intellectually handicapped the men will go out to the foreigner bars or hang outs a few times a week and make and meet fellow expats and that's where they get their intellectual stimulation and other Western communication topics off their chest. Then they go home and bang the wife and drink some beers and the cycle continues. They don't marry the hot Filipina's here for their brains but for their looks and carting them around like a trophy wife here and there saying look at how hot my wife is in comparison to how much of an old, fat, ugly f**k I am, ha ha eat shit gawkers.

BTW, I agree once women get to a certain educational level they all act the same whether they are from USA or Philippines, Women are women and they all want money, material nonscense and prestige. If you want an educated women who isn't a bitch you gotta weed through them just like you would in a Western country and they will be rare to find in whichever country your in. Most want to eventually cuckold their BF or husbands but will do it in ways which the guy won't know until it's too late. That's why the smarter older guys who have already been divorced once or twice know the stakes and just go for the hot simpleton girls who are less trouble overall to deal with and even if they have occasional emotional temper tantrums from time to time the Western guy is usually smart enough to diffuse the situation and doesn't have to worry about his life being destroyed in divorce court or whatever.

This is life in the PI, I've met many guys like this. In PI they are trying to reenact their lost teen's and 20's with the simple girls here, and they can do it. It rejuvenates them so that's why they never want to leave. Similar to Thailand probably, but at least you can converse with them with English in PI.
THIS! My ex-wife is getting a doctorate now in Psychology/Counseling. Before she got that masters degree she was still a simple educated Nigerian woman. During that masters, she rejected Christianity, did women's studies, took on feminism, became a gay rights advocate, etc. All of it ruined the marriage big time.

After I left her, she went back to church on her own. Finally she understands what damage she did 2 years later. By then I had my Chinese fiance, so it was too late.....Why go back even if they know better now? Prettier and better options out there once you unplug from the Matrix once!

I refuse to let my new wife go to these super f***ing liberal universities. People without strong knowledge before going there, get brainwashed tooooo EASY! They had me fooled on some things for a few years even! Maybe she could handle it, I don't know. I work hard enough to not need her help out here anyway.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I think the best place to find women who have all the qualities that we're looking for, including an adequate level of intelligence, is finishing schools. That just goes to show what it takes to mold a woman into being on the same level as a man. I think you literally have to teach a woman to be intelligent but not arrogant.

Finishing schools still exist, but for all I know they may have evolved into something else, and I don't think there are many around these days anyway. But maybe there's another equivalent, who knows.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Johnny1975 wrote:I think the best place to find women who have all the qualities that we're looking for, including an adequate level of intelligence, is finishing schools. That just goes to show what it takes to mold a woman into being on the same level as a man. I think you literally have to teach a woman to be intelligent but not arrogant.

Finishing schools still exist, but for all I know they may have evolved into something else, and I don't think there are many around these days anyway. But maybe there's another equivalent, who knows.
I got something almost as good. My fiance's mother told her that she must obey everything I tell her and that I always know best because (me) I am older and more mature. She also told her that she must learn to grow and be more mature from me. When I asked my fiance what did she think about her mother's instructions, she said, "Mother is correct. You do know what is best!"

ahhhhh I wish I had photographed the size of my smile when I heard that..... :D
My ex-motherinlaw threatened the lives of me and my ex-wife if we did not heed to her commands... :x

Gotta love the contrasts!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Mr S wrote:Most Western men who marry Filipina's and reside in the Philippines tend to date or marry what would be considered the lower class or uneducated ones. I think it has to do with most men that can afford to live here on their own are usually over 50 and educated women, even Filipinas won't get with older guys as they will stick with men of similar age or already be in a relationship. The only women who are willing to go or date older guys are the ones who come from lower socio-economic standings and are trying to upgrade their lives.

Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

They don't marry the hot Filipina's here for their brains but for their looks and carting them around like a trophy wife here and there saying look at how hot my wife is in comparison to how much of an old, fat, ugly f**k I am, ha ha eat shit gawkers.
They rarely marry hot Filipinas at all. The vast vast majority of Western men with Filipinas are with below average looking women, not "hot" or even decent looking. They are usually very small, impoverished looking, "maid" types or fat girls that are considered unattractive by local men.

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”