Young American Guy Tired of Local Women

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Young American Guy Tired of Local Women

Post by Maverick »

Hey all!

I'm Maverick. I'm a 26 year old military officer living in California. I'm a white New York native. I'm a hair under 5'6, good-looking (so I'm told), well-educated with a good income, and tired of dealing with American women.

I've done reasonably well with women in the US, but I'm just tired of the whole thing. I'm set on seeing what else is out there, but, unfortunately, my military contract doesn't run out until the end of 2015. I'm currently building an online business so that I could live abroad without issue.

Because of my height, I'm looking into countries with smaller average heights. Lucky for me, I've never been particularly attracted to white women and always preferred women of dark complexion. So I'm primarily looking to relocate to either a Latin American country (I'm seriously considering Colombia) or the Philippines.

I look forward to sharing here and getting to know many of the fine gentlemen on this forum! :D
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Welcome, Maverick!

It sounds like you have a pretty good plan going forward. Hope it all works out for you. In the meantime, ask us anything if you need info on living overseas. I myself can give you good info on China and Japan since I know those countries well, but I know lots of guys here who can help you out with the Phils or Latin America. Lots of resources on this site, too!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Bane wrote:Welcome, Maverick!

It sounds like you have a pretty good plan going forward. Hope it all works out for you. In the meantime, ask us anything if you need info on living overseas. I myself can give you good info on China and Japan since I know those countries well, but I know lots of guys here who can help you out with the Phils or Latin America. Lots of resources on this site, too!
Thanks man! I appreciate the welcome and the offer of advice! I can't wait to begin my journey. :)
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hi Maverick, glad you found our forum. Your young, your only 26 so you can really take your time and explore different countries and see which ones you like the most.

Welcome to happier abroad! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

jamesbond wrote:Hi Maverick, glad you found our forum. Your young, your only 26 so you can really take your time and explore different countries and see which ones you like the most.

Welcome to happier abroad! :D
Hey! Yeah, that's the plan!

Thanks for the welcome!!
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Welcome. 26 is young indeed. You can take some time to find stuff you like, but don't travel without moving, if you catch my drift.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

kai1275 wrote:Welcome. 26 is young indeed. You can take some time to find stuff you like, but don't travel without moving, if you catch my drift.
Well, I don't exactly catch your drift, but I took it as 1 of 2 things:

1) "Moving" as in "taking action" and actually doing it.

or

2) "Moving" as in actually moving to the country and not bringing a girl back here.

I plan to do both of these things, ideally. :D

Anyways, thanks for the welcome! :)
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Welcome aboard!

A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

Colombia and Brazil both seem popular, especially if you speak Spanish or Portuguese. We've found that younger guys (your age) from Australia are more likely to be serious about Filipinas, although there have been a few from US & Canada who have already met their match at our site. Our most common age group from the US & Canada are older guys 40+.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Adama wrote:Welcome aboard!

Thanks!
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Christianfilipinacom wrote:Colombia and Brazil both seem popular, especially if you speak Spanish or Portuguese. We've found that younger guys (your age) from Australia are more likely to be serious about Filipinas, although there have been a few from US & Canada who have already met their match at our site. Our most common age group from the US & Canada are older guys 40+.
I've dated and have been exposed to all kinds of people (being that I'm from New York City).

I've generally found that I get along best with Filipinos/as. They have a very laid back nature (which is opposite of my intense/assertive/emotional nature).

I do like spanish girls and have dated them before, but we seem to clash a bit because they tend to be emotional (as do I).

Thanks for the advice!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Maverick wrote:
Christianfilipinacom wrote:Colombia and Brazil both seem popular, especially if you speak Spanish or Portuguese. We've found that younger guys (your age) from Australia are more likely to be serious about Filipinas, although there have been a few from US & Canada who have already met their match at our site. Our most common age group from the US & Canada are older guys 40+.
I've dated and have been exposed to all kinds of people (being that I'm from New York City).

I've generally found that I get along best with Filipinos/as. They have a very laid back nature (which is opposite of my intense/assertive/emotional nature).

I do like spanish girls and have dated them before, but we seem to clash a bit because they tend to be emotional (as do I).

Thanks for the advice!
Filipinas are the best that's why I married one. However, you shouldn't give up on American women so easily. Your momma didn't raise no quitter!

Why have this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0CaOWGt6o4

When you can have this.
http://www.break.com/index/woman-gets-i ... es-2444987

lol
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Taco wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Thanks for the advice!
Filipinas are the best that's why I married one. However, you shouldn't give up on American women so easily. Your momma didn't raise no quitter!

Why have this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0CaOWGt6o4

When you can have this.
http://www.break.com/index/woman-gets-i ... es-2444987

lol
Hahahaha good point man. I think I'll stop my search right now. :P (Funny video though!)

It's ironic that you said that. Going overseas to find a wife was actually my mom's idea! (not kidding)