Personality of Filipino women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Filipinas are a horny lot but outside of the bedroom is where I find most of them boring. Inside the bedroom or wherever you're doing them is fine.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Filipinas are a horny lot but outside of the bedroom is where I find most of them boring. Inside the bedroom or wherever you're doing them is fine.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

I don't find Filipinas boring at all. I've noticed that they are very adaptable and tend to take an interest in what the man likes to do. Whether it be fishing, sports or even collecting coins, Filipinas that I have been around, have been very inquisitive.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Array9 wrote:I don't find Filipinas boring at all. I've noticed that they are very adaptable and tend to take an interest in what the man likes to do. Whether it be fishing, sports or even collecting coins, Filipinas that I have been around, have been very inquisitive.
I agree, Filipinas are some of the least boring people that I've ever met. Most Americans are boring to me.....too much of the concentration revolves around work.

Filipinos are usually more laid back, content and very comical. They love to laugh, make jokes and be jovial. Filipinos do a better job of celebrating life than us westerners. My wife is very witty and she constantly cracks me up.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

pete98146 wrote:
Array9 wrote:I don't find Filipinas boring at all. I've noticed that they are very adaptable and tend to take an interest in what the man likes to do. Whether it be fishing, sports or even collecting coins, Filipinas that I have been around, have been very inquisitive.
I agree, Filipinas are some of the least boring people that I've ever met. Most Americans are boring to me.....too much of the concentration revolves around work.

Filipinos are usually more laid back, content and very comical. They love to laugh, make jokes and be jovial. Filipinos do a better job of celebrating life than us westerners. My wife is very witty and she constantly cracks me up.
Even though mine is Chinese and not Filipina, I love to hear things that have nothing to do with "anyone else's job". Anytime I talk to my mom or my brother 80% of the conversation is about work. Talking shop. It gets so f***ing played and tired. Work sucks just as hard as it did yesterday. Who cares, but that is all any American wants to talk about, because we work too f***ing much.

I love talking about life with my fiance who I do not allow to work either, instead now. It makes for a more relaxing and interesting life.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

kai1275 wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

Even though mine is Chinese and not Filipina, I love to hear things that have nothing to do with "anyone else's job". Anytime I talk to my mom or my brother 80% of the conversation is about work. Talking shop. It gets so f***ing played and tired. Work sucks just as hard as it did yesterday. Who cares, but that is all any American wants to talk about, because we work too f***ing much.

I love talking about life with my fiance who I do not allow to work either, instead now. It makes for a more relaxing and interesting life.
Kai, talk more about what she's like as a result of not working. It's interesting. Personally I'd like a woman who does work, but preferably part time, and something that really interests her and brings out the best in her, rather than a stressful job.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Filipinas are a horny lot but outside of the bedroom is where I find most of them boring. Inside the bedroom or wherever you're doing them is fine.
How are Thai women different from this?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

They are not as clingy for one thing and while some of them can be drab, in my experiences they have a better sense of humor than the Filos. I find the Filipino sense of humor lacking.
weiser
Freshman Poster

Post by weiser »

Thais and Filipinos share the same childish and simple sense of humor.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

weiser wrote:Thais and Filipinos share the same childish and simple sense of humor.
Yea, they do. But like I said, I find the Filipino sense of humor NOT FUNNY.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

There's always a price to pay.

If you want femininity, kindness, humility, etc, you're probably going to have to compromise on other stuff. I'm slowly starting to come to terms with that.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Yeah, being a great woman means they aren't a great man. That's why you talk with other men, to bond and have a great masculine life. So boring wasting all your time and energy on women. To the point where some of you, actually BECOME feminine! That's what cracks ME up. :D
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Most of the Filipinas I know have overpowering personalities and have sociopath tendencies.

In the middle class, the girls are more subdued.. I'm learning to prefer these ones.

In the lower class, they get loud again and crass.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

C.J. wrote:Yeah, being a great woman means they aren't a great man. That's why you talk with other men, to bond and have a great masculine life. So boring wasting all your time and energy on women. To the point where some of you, actually BECOME feminine! That's what cracks ME up. :D
Oh, what's THAT supposed to mean? What's the matter, did someone break your heart? Is that why you're so bitter? Hahaha, I bet you live in your mum's basement. Loser.

Shit. You're right.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Johnny1975 wrote:There's always a price to pay.

If you want femininity, kindness, humility, etc, you're probably going to have to compromise on other stuff. I'm slowly starting to come to terms with that.
Truer words have never been spoken. I think it goes without saying that if you date a foreign woman she'll hold onto characteristics and customs from her country. As a result her sense of humor may completely different from those of us that grew up in the western culture. I'll give you a perfect example. My wife watches her filipino variety shows online. I'll look over her shoulder at times and I don't consider the material all that funny but she's laughing so hard she has tears in her eyes. But who am I to judge?

For those that have seen "Lost in Translation", much of the the movies central theme will hold true when you date or marry a foreign lady. Having known my wife for over 10 years, it's fair to say half the stuff I find funny she doesn't and visa versa. Welcome to Culture Differences 101. But Johnny is absolutely correct, you may have to give up something in one area to gain in another.