Are you really leaving America by teaching English?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
america sucks
Freshman Poster

Are you really leaving America by teaching English?

Post by america sucks »

I am aware that this is the fastest and easiest way to live out of the USSA. However, by becoming an English teacher, you will be surrounded by English teacher coworkers from America and the other male-hating Anglosphere countries. Also, the English-speaking women who are interested in English teachers are not a representation of the majority of the females in that country. They will be more feminist-minded and love America. America is evil, so people who love America are evil in a sense as well. Ok, it is nice to see American women be jealous that their male counterparts get dates easily with foreign women. However, most male English teachers are manginas who like American women, so they are not your allies either

I don't know of many other solutions, but I have heard that enrolling in a Master's program in another country might be better as it will help your career and you won't have to be only surrounded by Americans (or other manginas from the Anglosphere countries) and girls who like Americans. I'm still doing research in my free time for other alternatives

What are your thoughts?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are you really leaving America by teaching English?

Post by zboy1 »

america sucks wrote:I am aware that this is the fastest and easiest way to live out of the USSA. However, by becoming an English teacher, you will be surrounded by English teacher coworkers from America and the other male-hating Anglosphere countries. Also, the English-speaking women who are interested in English teachers are not a representation of the majority of the females in that country. They will be more feminist-minded and love America. America is evil, so people who love America are evil in a sense as well. Ok, it is nice to see American women be jealous that their male counterparts get dates easily with foreign women. However, most male English teachers are manginas who like American women, so they are not your allies either

I don't know of many other solutions, but I have heard that enrolling in a Master's program in another country might be better as it will help your career and you won't have to be only surrounded by Americans (or other manginas from the Anglosphere countries) and girls who like Americans. I'm still doing research in my free time for other alternatives

What are your thoughts?
What you say may be true, but there are English teaching places where you'll be the only foreigner teaching; that may be one solution. Another solution is to avoid hanging out with Western teachers after school. And who says you have to congregate with only Westerners, while overseas? That would defeat the whole purpose of being overseas--wouldn't it?
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I think you can teach English, though I think having a degree in a country you are studying might be an easier track to find work in your field rather than be stuck teaching English which I am telling is not good unless you want to travel only and see the culture. I was able to avoid it by doing an international internship for a year.

If you want to do English teaching, you can pm users Ladislav and inquire with zboy1 (moderator) on how to look for decent paying English work. Best paying currently is South Korea. Japan also is good paying (decently) to live on in expensive Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto but I think you might want to think twice before going there because of Government bond issues.

South America is usually low paying but you can live an okay life but I think possibly in Europe might be a chance in other countries but it depends since there are issues with the crisis.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Speaking as someone who has taught English in Asia, the situation that you describe might be true in some cases, but it doesn't have to be true in all of them. I really lucked out by landing jobs in the locations that I did, as I was literally the only person from the Anglosphere within 50km of those jobs. I felt like I got to see and know firsthand the different cultural beliefs and practices from those countries.

The key is to try and land an English teaching job in a "small" city if you can (small in Asia means around 3 million.) Those cities are less likely to be crawling with Anglosphere manginas and feminists, and you will really get to see something different.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What I hate about other English teachers is that they tend to lean toward political correctness. What this means is that if you are asked why you are abroad, you are SUPPOSED to say something like:

1. I came here to experience another culture.
2. I came here to make money while teaching English.

But if you start talking about how you hate Western culture and all its ills, and how unapproachable and unfriendly American women are, that will be seen as taboo by manginas and female English teachers. So you can't be too honest around them.

What I hate about political correctness is that is places positivity and politeness HIGHER than truth, honesty and free speech. That's stupid. But most mainstream people abide by it. I don't understand why honesty isn't valued as highly as political correctness. It's weird. We live in a world where things are inverted upside down. This is just one example.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Right on Winston. I hate talking to people like that. It's like robots. And they say we're crazy. Then these politically correct people go to comedy clubs or they'll watch comedy central for a guy being really offensive because they have more courage to say things. It's almost like Orwell's three minutes of hate. The market for comedy is supported in large part by people's repressed emotions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are you really leaving America by teaching English?

Post by Cornfed »

america sucks wrote:However, by becoming an English teacher, you will be surrounded by English teacher coworkers from America and the other male-hating Anglosphere countries. Also, the English-speaking women who are interested in English teachers are not a representation of the majority of the females in that country. They will be more feminist-minded and love America.
As has been mentioned, you might be the only native English speaker in the school in some situations. Also, non-English speakers who want to learn English don't necessarily do so because they are politically correct. They might be interested in other cultures, want to be interpreters, need it for technical occupations like computer programming etc. Also, there are some enclaves of expats who are not PC.
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Post by skeptic »

Winston wrote: t if you start talking about how you hate Western culture and all its ills, and how unapproachable and unfriendly American women are, that will be seen as taboo by manginas and female English teachers. So you can't be too honest around them
If you start out with being straightforward to foreigners about why you hate America, you may either confuse them, or, even worse, make them look down at you. Remember, those people still look up at Western culture. That means, unless sufficiently large number of people and, most importantly, media follow your suit, the foreigners are unlikely to take you more seriously than they take media. In worst case, they would think something is wrong with you. Unlike the Soviets or North Korea, the Western media is actually successful around the globe, not only in their respective countries.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Many English teachers here. I say they experience the local culture OK. However, I'd say I have a more immersive experience by studying Chinese here. Once you start to learn the local language the place really opens up to you.

There is a slight stigma to being an English teacher - the Chinese hive mind knows that teachers can often be play men.

But I'll add that the majority of Chinese teachers here are NOT here for the women. Many are already married or here to get away from AW!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
america sucks
Freshman Poster

Post by america sucks »

I'm guessing that even if I try teaching English in a 2nd-tier city, I'll be surrounded by other manginas and american bitches. Alright, so teaching in a very small city sounds like the way to go.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

The best way to leave the west is to start your own online business.

Once successful you can move to any country you like, whenever you like.

You are not obliged to interact with Americans at all (unless for business related purposes).

I have done this, and it's been almost a year since I have interacted with women from my own home country, and my soul is a whole lot better because of it.

Teaching English is a good second option, for those who have unable to have success in their online business, and it is a lot better than staying in western society if western society is not a good place for you.

EDIT

Ghost also makes an excellent point. Teaching English doesn't allow you to leave America for good, but a successful online business does.
kinzoku
Freshman Poster

Post by kinzoku »

Its how I'm choosing to immerse myself, It may not be the best way, but for now it suffices as an adventure. I chose a relatively small town, I'm working on learning the language, and I think all in all it should be a rewarding experience if I handle it right.

And its more financially sound than any of my other options at the moment.