So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
terminator
Junior Poster

So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in?

Post by terminator »

So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in or are we all still "naval-gazing" and planning our escape? I hope someone actually goes overseas and reports it here as these are my favourite threads. By the way, this is a rant so don't take it literally...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Well, quite a few people already live overseas, so you can ask them about their experiences rather than make whining posts on this forum--like you, Terminator. As for your question, Xiongmao, Falcon, Eurobrat, Magnum (he was in China, now back in the States) and SkateboradStephen have or are currently living overseas, while some members like RobinHood, JP and Chanta found foreign wives and bought them back to their home countries.

I, Ghost, and Mguy will all be going to Asia sometime this fall and next year...so there you have it. When are you going overseas, Terminator?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in?

Post by Cornfed »

terminator wrote:So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in
I have, albeit to another Western shithole. Although given that it is mostly immigrants here, you would think you were in Asia.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote:
I have, albeit to another Western shithole. Although given that it is mostly immigrants here, you would think you were in Asia.
So you felt right at home?

:wink:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zboy1 wrote:Well, quite a few people already live overseas, so you can ask them about their experiences rather than make whining posts on this forum--like you, Terminator. As for your question, Xiongmao, Falcon, Eurobrat, Magnum (he was in China, now back in the States) and SkateboradStephen have or are currently living overseas, while some members like RobinHood, JP and Chanta found foreign wives and bought them back to their home countries.

I, Ghost, and Mguy will all be going to Asia sometime this fall and next year...so there you have it. When are you going overseas, Terminator?

DJ just got back from a quick jaunt to El D.F. (Mexico City), I believe.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

terminator wrote:So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in or are we all still "naval-gazing" and planning our escape? I hope someone actually goes overseas and reports it here as these are my favourite threads. By the way, this is a rant so don't take it literally...
IMO this site needs not only moderator, but an Enforcer. Someone to kick asses of those who don't take action.

Me most of all.

I welcome the rant.

Like a halftime speech in a football movie.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Jester wrote:
terminator wrote:So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in or are we all still "naval-gazing" and planning our escape? I hope someone actually goes overseas and reports it here as these are my favourite threads. By the way, this is a rant so don't take it literally...
IMO this site needs not only moderator, but an Enforcer. Someone to kick asses of those who don't take action.

Me most of all.

I welcome the rant.

Funny you should say that, Jester, since I recommended to Winston that he add one or two more moderators to this forum. I recommended you and E_Irizzary as candidates.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Cornfed wrote:
Canada? Or by Asian, do you mean Indian/Paki as in the United Kingdom?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Jester wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
So you felt right at home?

:wink:
Indeed. At least in this area the immigrants are people who generally don't carry weapons and I could beat in a fight. In a sense it is good because I feel I have more right to be here than most of the people already here.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Jester wrote:

Me most of all.

I welcome the rant.

You're funny.

I think it was in Wayne's World, where Jim Morrison said something to the effect of "Build it and they will come."

My own theory is that if you buy the ticket, you will travel. Just save up enough money to buy the ticket and the rest will fall in place.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

no money no honey. how should people go overseas without enough money?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I seriously think that there should be some kind of fundraiser for people who don't want to pay to go abroad. We could get Bob Geldof to go on tv and tell folks to "give us your fu cking money!" And maybe do a news report highlighting the famine in western countries. And get popstars to sing a little song about it.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

I'm currently in the process of getting my residence permit so I can finally move to Lithuania to reunite with my wife. I will be posting as soon as my residence permit is approved.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Billy wrote:no money no honey. how should people go overseas without enough money?
Perhaps you should reread what I wrote. I didn't say people should go overseas without enough money. I said, buy the ticket, you will travel. Save enough money for a ticket and the rest will fall into place.

If you know you have a ticket to split in say, 5 months, that's a great motivator to save, find new ways to make money, and to say to yourself, I've got the ticket — I am going.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step...It always worked for me. Some people will just bitch and moan about their shitty lives while they sit home and do nothing about it.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, I'm in China and I'm likely to stay until... well until I find a wife really. It's a bit of an open ended trip.

Going back to the UK at the beginning of July though. I don't really want to, but it's getting seriously hot here so it might be a good time to bale for a month or two.

It would be nice if more guys would actually GO abroad, rather than just read about others doing it.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.