Why do people think China is a great place to meet women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Why do people think China is a great place to meet women?

Post by chanta76 »

I hear that in CHina there is this gender imbalance which makes it harder for local guys to meet a local girl. On top of that I just read this

article where a Chinese men

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/reversal- ... 41705.html

has to pay dowry to get married. On top of that I met guys who did date Chinese girls in China and told me that they are very materialistic.

So why do guys go to China to look for a girl...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

There still easier to deal with than American women--especially being an Asian American...
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Don't simply believe everything you read chanta, go there and see why for yourself.

China's gender imbalance only works against you if you're a poor farmer from rural origins. Go to any small village in China and what you'll notice immediately is that there are hardly any young women around - most have moved to the cities.

In the cities what you generally have is girls of both rural and urban origins chasing a short supply of guys from urban origins. As guys tend to care more about a girl's appearance than social status, an attractive girl from a poorer/rural background is an eligible candidate to marry the urban male, but it doesn't work the other way round.

Most foreigners who go to China are immediately considered to be of urban male status with sufficient resources to qualify you as at least middle class by Chinese standards, unless of course you prove otherwise.

Be careful what the media says, online or not. There are thousands of different agendas with thousands of different perspectives around, many of which with pro-western or feminist bias. You got to be on the ground to see things from your own perspective. I personally know many foreigners happy in China, and with good reason to be.