Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Ghost wrote:Ok, well, since I haven't actually expatted yet, I've continued to try to find Filipinas online. I found one the other night and we had a long chat. She was from Manila, and was educated - a lawyer. I told her about feminism and why it harmed women, men, children, and whole societies, but she kept rejecting it. Even so, she didn't end the convo when I said things she didn't like.

I told her that most women have to choose between career and family and can't have both, but she kept saying that she would like to believe that she could have both and that her being "educated" wouldn't scare off too many men.

Well, after a while we finally exchanged emails and she said she wanted to friend me on facebook also.

Guess what happened - again?

Yep, she didn't respond after that. She could see my pictures and didn't add me. Just dead cold after we had a long conversation and even liked each other enough to keep chatting through a few arguments. Insane.

I'm tired of this shit. Being rejected by AWs for my looks comes standard. But even ugly Filipinas have told me they would accept how I look (they were poor though and didn't have a lot of options.) The psychological pain is getting to be bad once even foreign women do it. I know this was a girl from Manila.....but damn. It hurts all the same.
Facts don't matter. "Like to believe" is all that counts.
The men who tell the prettiest lies get the attention, and someone else told her what she wanted to hear.
There will always be men more willing and able to out lie or out spend you.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Ghost wrote:Ok, well, since I haven't actually expatted yet, I've continued to try to find Filipinas online. I found one the other night and we had a long chat. She was from Manila, and was educated - a lawyer. I told her about feminism and why it harmed women, men, children, and whole societies, but she kept rejecting it. Even so, she didn't end the convo when I said things she didn't like.

I told her that most women have to choose between career and family and can't have both, but she kept saying that she would like to believe that she could have both and that her being "educated" wouldn't scare off too many men.

Well, after a while we finally exchanged emails and she said she wanted to friend me on facebook also.

Guess what happened - again?

Yep, she didn't respond after that. She could see my pictures and didn't add me. Just dead cold after we had a long conversation and even liked each other enough to keep chatting through a few arguments. Insane.

I'm tired of this shit. Being rejected by AWs for my looks comes standard. But even ugly Filipinas have told me they would accept how I look (they were poor though and didn't have a lot of options.) The psychological pain is getting to be bad once even foreign women do it. I know this was a girl from Manila.....but damn. It hurts all the same.
I think you might just be over thinking this whole thing. You have a first chat in which you seriously discuss the negative affects of feminism and tell her things she doesn't like. To me the first conversation or two should be light and fun. Enjoy yourself. Don't make this into the male equivalent of a shit test.

So try a lighter approach next time before you lay your life philosophy on her. Girls like to flirt and tease, even Manila girls. YMMV.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Ghost wrote:I think what I find strangest about all this is how feminism can brainwash even poor girls in third-world countries who don't even have money or options. Like this one who wanted to be a lawyer even if it meant having no children. If that was all there was to it, it wouldn't be a big deal. But we all know that feminist has to convert women into the cult in order to increase its numbers. So even in third world countries feminism will do whatever it can to spread. It cannot grow its numbers otherwise.

Shutting down universities or at least preventing women from becoming "educated" in universities would cut down liberalism and feminism severely. And universities are all over the world, so feminism can always easily take root where ever a university is. But that's another issue.
I do agree that women working and not having children (or not taking care of them when they do have them) is bad for society and the future of humanity, really. However, I do feel that it will be good for population control.

But different cultures produce different kinds of girls. The girl that you were talking to is most likely the exception to the rule in Phil. All of the girls that I've talked to are very interested in having a family and taking care of their children.

The one you talked to seems pretty masculine. Generally, this is a turn-off to me. I've talked to a few girls like that, but cut off contact pretty quickly.

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”