Why filipinas want men 36+

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Why filipinas want men 36+

Post by tomasz »

this may be an isolated question, but i was talking to a 21 year unemployed and dropped out of school (finances) filipina on CB and she said she was looking for husband 36-46 and when i asked why that age, she said they are serious and mature.

My question is, is that a legitimate reason or is there something fishy such as she wants a guy with money to pay for her school?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why filipinas want men 36+

Post by Rock »

tomasz wrote:this may be an isolated question, but i was talking to a 21 year unemployed and dropped out of school (finances) filipina on CB and she said she was looking for husband 36-46 and when i asked why that age, she said they are serious and mature.

My question is, is that a legitimate reason or is there something fishy such as she wants a guy with money to pay for her school?
Well if she wants a guy with money to pay for her school, why would she discriminate at all? Any guy 18 - 99+ with money and willingness to pay would do right? Plenty of younger white guys in Phils and elsewhere have money. After all, whites no matter young or old are all rich from POV of many Filipinas I suppose.

I commented in another thread on the approximate spread of age ranges requested by young Fiipinas on Filipino Cupid. There are plenty who will go up to 40 or even 45, some even 50+. The case above seems fairly normal.

As to the underlying thoughts and motivations for requesting these types of age ranges, I leave it to others to interpret their likely motivations.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

tomasz wrote:this may be an isolated question, but i was talking to a 21 year unemployed and dropped out of school (finances) filipina on CB and she said she was looking for husband 36-46 and when i asked why that age, she said they are serious and mature.

She wants a sugardaddy. For school purposes, who knows. I spoke to a few Chinese girls around that age that were like that. Those girls are super immature! There is usually no difference between a 32 year old man and a 36 year old man except for background. Maybe even a 28+ year old man even. Her listed age range easily shows she wants money and stability without wanting to take a lot of time to find someone younger with those same things. There is also a rare and small subset of Asians that just so happen to like older white men with gray hair and find them sexy, according to a few I know personally. Which isn't very strange in a way because some men have MILF fever pretty bad. I used to be the same way. Sexy older women still drive me crazy, even though I never would speak to them.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I heard it was a couple reasons:

-They think these types are more mature, meaning they know how to conduct themselves
-Buy this time, most westerners have amassed enough money to spend
-Older men know alot, and filipinas aren't very knowledgeable
-A lot of filipinas had relationships with men their age, and they got pumped/dumped, trauma I guess

I don't think it has anything to do with looks. When you're poor, you care more about getting fed and surviving. Older men simply have the better chance to provide those means. They think their filipina is in love with them because of the western concepts of romance. But she'll let him think whatever he wants. At the end of the day though, both parties win. :D

Otherwise, I think it's stupid to discriminate simply based on age, but tons of filipinas do it anyway. *shrugs*
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

C.J. wrote:I heard it was a couple reasons:

-They think these types are more mature, meaning they know how to conduct themselves
-Buy this time, most westerners have amassed enough money to spend
-Older men know alot, and filipinas aren't very knowledgeable
-A lot of filipinas had relationships with men their age, and they got pumped/dumped, trauma I guess

I don't think it has anything to do with looks. When you're poor, you care more about getting fed and surviving. Older men simply have the better chance to provide those means. They think their filipina is in love with them because of the western concepts of romance. But she'll let him think whatever he wants. At the end of the day though, both parties win. :D

Otherwise, I think it's stupid to discriminate simply based on age, but tons of filipinas do it anyway. *shrugs*
I would say it's light discrimination.

The girl I'm talking to now had issues with my age when we first started talking (I'm 26). She had a bad experience (lost her virginity to a guy around my age a few years ago...and he cheated on her with her best friend and made that other girl pregnant). She believed that guys under 30 are not serious and just looking for sex.

However, unlike AW, she was willing to look past her initial reaction and give me a chance to prove her experiences wrong. That's one of the major differences between Filipinas and AW, imo.
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Post by tomasz »

thanks for the replies guys, really helpful.

I just found it confusing and even silly.

Like for example, i am 28 and talking to a 38 year old, and told her i like older women but she was still insisting shes not right for me. So when I asked her, it was basically because of a bad experience before that she dated a younger guy and didn't work out.

I just found that a bit silly and started to ask myself well who is the more mature one here? Plus they don't seem to be that "smart" when it comes to getting to know the person vs. discriminating the whole group based on 1 bad experience.
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

One word: scammer
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

And please, dont say Filipinas want old men. That´s just crap.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

It would be interesting to learn. How many men who go for Filipinas end up like Pete? How many end up like Winston? And how many end up like Ladislav?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

tomasz wrote:thanks for the replies guys, really helpful.

I just found it confusing and even silly.

Like for example, i am 28 and talking to a 38 year old, and told her i like older women but she was still insisting shes not right for me. So when I asked her, it was basically because of a bad experience before that she dated a younger guy and didn't work out.

I just found that a bit silly and started to ask myself well who is the more mature one here? Plus they don't seem to be that "smart" when it comes to getting to know the person vs. discriminating the whole group based on 1 bad experience.
Actually she is probably the more mature one in a way. If she is 38, and not hotter than those airbrushed women Winston likes to post, she knows you could do wayyyy better than that... I had the exact same thing happen to me with a badass 33-34 year old Chinese woman. She was right too I did find someone that was a better fit for me, despite she and I having a nice bond, we even stayed friends for a while and she taught me stuff about Chinese culture that I could not read anywhere too before my first trip.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Men in that age range are eyed by women in Wallet Seeking Mode (WSM) all over the world.
The main difference is the age in which the women in a given culture flip that switch.

For centuries, when girls asked mommy why she married daddy, the reply was some variation of him being "a hard worker / good provider".
"Reasons" such as
"Omigerd!! He was, like, so totally hawt!!" are only a fleeting luxury that shows up right before the culture crashes and burns.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

scammer...there is no perference for old men....only scammers have perference for old men
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Anonymous1 wrote:scammer...there is no perference for old men....only scammers have perference for old men
No, I can't agree with that broad generalization. Sure you might be dealing with a scammer but scammers can come from any age group. Like any online dating site, you have to weed through a lot of coal before you find a diamond in the rough.

I know many Filipinas who are very wary or fed up with Filipino men. You wouldn't believe how many women in the Philippines have been impregnated by a Filipino man and then the guy dumps her to fend for herself and their child. This is more common than you think. Many of the Filipinas I've met in Hong Kong are working there as domestic helpers so that they can support their children in the Philippines. In many cases, the father is nowhere to be found or had started a family with some other woman (or more).

So if you find a Filipina looking for 36+ age in men, then she's probably seen for herself or heard many horror stories about Filipino men and they've decided that they don't want that kind of man. Also many younger Filipino men don't have much savings in terms of money and the jobs there don't pay that much. So naturally a wise Filipina would look for someone older, who is more stable in their career and might have saved up some money already.

This is good news for a man who is genuinely nice and looking to settle down. Nice, mature men who can be trusted are valued by Filipinas, unlike Westernized women who aren't into beta males. The Poindexters in the world (as Tom Leykis would say) are the prized catches for women in the Philippines.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

smallcheese wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:scammer...there is no perference for old men....only scammers have perference for old men
No, I can't agree with that broad generalization. Sure you might be dealing with a scammer but scammers can come from any age group. Like any online dating site, you have to weed through a lot of coal before you find a diamond in the rough.

I know many Filipinas who are very wary or fed up with Filipino men. You wouldn't believe how many women in the Philippines have been impregnated by a Filipino man and then the guy dumps her to fend for herself and their child. This is more common than you think. Many of the Filipinas I've met in Hong Kong are working there as domestic helpers so that they can support their children in the Philippines. In many cases, the father is nowhere to be found or had started a family with some other woman (or more).

So if you find a Filipina looking for 36+ age in men, then she's probably seen for herself or heard many horror stories about Filipino men and they've decided that they don't want that kind of man. Also many younger Filipino men don't have much savings in terms of money and the jobs there don't pay that much. So naturally a wise Filipina would look for someone older, who is more stable in their career and might have saved up some money already.

This is good news for a man who is genuinely nice and looking to settle down. Nice, mature men who can be trusted are valued by Filipinas, unlike Westernized women who aren't into beta males. The Poindexters in the world (as Tom Leykis would say) are the prized catches for women in the Philippines.
or she could be a AC BG looking for money..they all know that old men from the west are gullible and easily manipulated, all she needs to do is act the part....many of the filipinas in HK are old maids with kids in tow.....many of them are 36 themselves...Im sure a 36 year old man or up would have no problem with them