Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

If you want to meet Filipinas you should use Date In Asia. If you want to meet Chinese, Chinese Love Links is supposed to be a better site.
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Post by tomasz »

Taco wrote:If you want to meet Filipinas you should use Date In Asia. If you want to meet Chinese, Chinese Love Links is supposed to be a better site.
I am currently use cherry blossoms and are having very good results, but i am looking for filipinas here. There are other groups of girls but its very little.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Ghost wrote:Well, a funny thing happened. A Filipina sent me a message saying my picture made it look like I want to fight. I took some outdoor photos of myself a little while ago and changed my profile picture to one of those. I'm smiling more, the lighting is much better, and it looks brighter and friendlier. Hope this works. I've messaged another Chinese girl. Fingers crossed.
Didn't I tell you in my guide that you must have profile pictures of you in a social setting looking happy relaxed with a big smile? You are a hard headed mofo ghost!

I used Chinalovematch.net to meet my wife. Women on there are serious though. A lot less game playing on there.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Re: My first 2 days on Date in Asia

Post by kai1275 »

Ghost wrote:Well, I like that it is free. That's really the only upside I'm getting so far. First off, I don't believe in paying for dating sites. Paying money just to look at women and send them messages strikes me as a waste. Anyway, I'm heading out to China in a few days, so I thought I would start a profile on DiA and give it a sincere shot. Nothing to lose, at any rate.

I filled out my profile and added a picture and proceeded to view dozens of profiles. I knew this would show up on women's profiles that I was a recent visitor to their page, so I thought it would help a bit. As I browsed I saw some weird things. Some ugly women rated themselves as attractive, while some really hot women rated themselves as average.

I searched for a while and finally decided to send some messages. I'm going to China, so I'm focusing on Chinese women of course. Well, this is already turning out to be shitty, since I got one reply back. It was a one liner, and after replying to that one liner, she didn't write back again. The other Chinese girl didn't reply at all. It shows when the user was last online, so I could easily see that they had been online and just not responded to me.

One Filipina messaged me, but it was only about being careful because of bad people on the site. I replied and am trying to start up a conversation. Messaged another Filipina who hasn't responded yet, but she hasn't been online again yet.

If the Filipinas start not responding to messages, I guess I'm in real trouble.

So far, I think later today I will try to re-write some of my profile to make it clearer and more determined, and will take an outdoor photo of myself to replace my current profile picture. Indoor photos just make even an average guy look ugly a lot of times.

But damn. Based on this, I think China is going to be a dating failure for me. Chinese women are apparently rich enough now that they can afford to be picky on looks. I will have to reserve complete judgment until I've gotten there and lived there for a while, but this initial experiment is very disheartening.
Rich enough to be picky on looks? Hardly. You are probably doing something wrong, maybe your profile pictures are the only problem, I don't know. Send me a PM if you want me to take a look at your profile if you want feedback.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

DiA is a waste of time. Never met a single girl from there and I've been in Asia for 4 months.

Chinese Love Links is the way forward, although there are some nice girls on China Love Match.

If you don't want/can't pay $100 for a dating site then forget going to China.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

China is OK for dating - don't let me put you off. I met 12 ladies in 4 months. If you don't speak Chinese then stick to Chinese Love Links. If you do speak Chinese then just get out and chat to people and meet friends of friends and friends of friends of friends.

One good thing is that scammers are rare in China, maybe because it's so hard to send money to somebody in China.

Here in Thailand online dating is more hazardous - already I've had somebody tell me they're lost their job - expect the demands for money to follow. That never happened to me in China.

On the other hand there are gigantic numbers of girls to chat to and meet here. 99% of Westerners here are tourists or over the age of 65 (or maybe over 75!!!), so younger guys are very much in demand here!
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Ghost wrote:I am trying to learn some Chinese, so I'll see what I can do. Since I changed my photo and profile on DiA, I'm getting several messages from Filipinas, but no messages or responses from Chinese women. Oh well.
Filipinas are much hotter than Chinese women in my opinion.

Seems like I'm one of the few that believes that on this board though. :P
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Post by Killhoffa »

Wishing you all the best on your trip, you are a man of action Ghost. Proud of you bro, you have already succeeded once you got the tickets and getting on the plane. "Motivation". Wishing you Good Fortune!
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Good luck!

Just be careful with Thai or Filipino women. One week into my Thai dating experience and I've had 0 dates, but a couple of girls telling me sad stories.

Probably I'm better off using some street game to approach hot looking ladies here (of which there are many).
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

The only Chinese site we recommend is ChinaLoveMatch.Net -

By the way, just fyi, do not confuse it with ChnLove which we do not recommend.

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”