Going to Costa Rica was the best thing I ever did.

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Going to Costa Rica was the best thing I ever did.

Post by Temprano26 »

Hey everyone I discovered this site and found Winston Wu's articles to mirror my experiences in Texas and the USA. Winston Wu speaks the truth and because people cannot counterattack his statements they attack his character like shameless lawyers. Because of my experience living in Costa Rica for four months in 2010 I found Winston to be a preacher of enlightenment and truth.

I signed up for a mission doing volunteer work in Costa Rica because in 2009 I was suffering through the worst depression of my life. I had met a girl from Bangladesh and she got married back in her country over the summer. The problem was not just that I was permanently separated from someone I deeply loved; the problem was having so few deep relationships that one breakup could lead me to sink so low. I always felt alone in crowded places, I always saw couples everywhere and most people were happy to treat me like I didn't exist. In fact, when I traveled to California I had to venture out to gay bars to meet friendly people. I am straight but that doesn't matter because I wasn't thinking about sexual orientation; I was thinking about who is friendly and who isn't. I just went in there without fear and without judgment and they loved me for it. Gay people are sick of being judged and I was sick of being judged. Simple as that.

Ultimately it was my open mind that led me to Costa Rica because I could no longer tolerate my comfort zone. Working out at the gym was nice but it was getting me nowhere. Going to school was getting me nowhere. There comes a point in life that everything has to change. Sure I was scared to be going to a foreign country away from everything that was familiar but I was more afraid of doing nothing about my unhappiness.

From the first day I was there I found beautiful women were interested in me which I really was not used to. From what I experienced women were trapped in these cliques looking at the world with these frowny faces and showing me the backs of their heads. I graduated high school in 2006 but I felt like it just never ended. I wanted to mature from high school and create healthy relationships with everyone but so many people were trapped in their days as the popular chicks who were too good to talk to anyone. Costa Rica turned my world upside down and in the best way. Someone in the USA will always reply that they just want money and a green card to come here but they don't know what the hell they are talking about. Americans think Costa Rica is Puerto Rico. They think everyone there lives in the jungle and they cannot afford shoes. It is just not true. Costa Rica may not be as obscenely wealthy as the United States but generally they were the happiest people I ever met with a rich culture and a rich love for human beings. This girl I know - Ana Cristina invited us all to her house in Tuccurique for two weekends but she left a strong impression upon me. One of the sweetest human beings I have ever known, she was always smiling, always treating everyone like family no matter what country we came from. She is perfectly contented, even overjoyed with her simple life in a little pink house living with her family. Donald Trump could have proposed to her and she could live in a mansion in New York but she doesn't want that. She doesn't want to sell her soul and work for Satan.

Unfortunately I had to come back to the States and I have been living here three years feeling more pissed off with every year that passes. I don't find people are open-minded anymore nor do they value their relationships. I have to go places alone all the damn time because all of my friends are working until friggin' 1 in the morning. I am a writer so I keep a journal and when I sit at a table to write a private thought that I have, somebody thinks it is about them. The whole reason that I keep a journal is because that is how I keep sanity. Do you know how monotonous it is to go out alone but to keep persisting week after week, day after day? Basically, to cope with the culture here I have made basketball into a religion by going to the gym every day to shoot baskets. I have recorded almost 47,000 three-pointers in two years just to prove to myself that I can and hell, at least I am not sinking into miserable depression again. I have also started rewarding myself with Indian food so thank God for India.

There is a very real difference between being genuinely happy and just doing the best you can. The people in Costa Rica are genuinely happy and I am simply pretending every day. Therapists are always telling me to "fake it till you make it" and in the long run that just makes us more and more unhealthy. And America is unhealthy.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Welcome to the forum, Temprano. May I ask, what race are you and where do you currently live? And, your comment about people being friendlier and happier outside of the United States is so true, from my observations...It seems like you really enjoyed Costa Rica and want to go back...Maybe you can act as an expert on Costa Rica on this forum, and give advice to newbies interested in the country? That would be really helpful. And sorry to hear about your breakup with the Bangladeshi girl...I'm sure you will find another women for you, eventually...
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

The breakup with the Bangladesi girl was four years ago and I recovered from it and found nice women in Costa Rica. I am white and that is why her family wouldn't even want to look me in the eye aside from some of the less rigid young people. It was all OK though because I knew what I wanted in life was to be diverse and inclusive, not someone who only interacts with his own race.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Welcome!

Have you considered moving out of the US permanently? It sounds like you don't have many ties here.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

I am taking a class in massage therapy to start a career. If I had the money to be in Costa Rica I would be there in a heartbeat and I wouldn't be talking about it on the internet.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Going to Costa Rica was the best thing I ever did.

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Temprano26 wrote:........I have also started rewarding myself with Indian food so thank God for India.
Teddy Ruxpin, "Hi. I'm Teddy Ruxpin. Wanna be my friend?" Indian food is some of the best food along with real mainland Thai food and Pakistani food. Yes I love Brazilian and Argentine meats as well as Dominican food and only SOME American soul food (definitely not the greens - yucks), but Thai, India and Pakistan know what the f.uck they are doing when it comes to food!!!!

More seriously, you decided it was life or death, and you had chosen life over death. I probably wouldn't have been alive today if it weren't for AWS, NiceGuy/MGTOW, and this site. That's the whole truth there.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Temprano26 wrote:I am taking a class in massage therapy to start a career. If I had the money to be in Costa Rica I would be there in a heartbeat and I wouldn't be talking about it on the internet.
Massage therapy for Costa Rican women, that might be a good career move.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this sexy Costa Rican girl!

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info138392.htm

ImageImageImage
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:
Temprano26 wrote:I am taking a class in massage therapy to start a career. If I had the money to be in Costa Rica I would be there in a heartbeat and I wouldn't be talking about it on the internet.
Massage therapy for Costa Rican women, that might be a good career move.
Hmmm....

Massage studio gives you a place to stay, so no extra overhead...

And to meet women, just print a little "First Time Free" card, and pass it out to the hottest chicks at the local college!

:idea: :D :idea:
jullypham
Freshman Poster

Post by jullypham »

thanks your experience and your story!!!
My faverous album: ket qua bong da
My music style: vaobong
Learn to know more: 1gom
dancilley
Freshman Poster

Post by dancilley »

Why exactly are the people in Costa Rica so happy?

I have read that there is an abundance of fresh, ripe fruit...so that could be a contributor.

I imagine they do not eat refined sugar. Do they drink coffee? Are there Starbucks around?

Do people eat processed junk foods? I imagine they don't.

Do they take psychiatric meds for depression/anxiety? Probably not.

Are they more physically active? Are they overweight?

Do they watch TV? Do they have smartphones and are watching YouTube 24/7? I imagine that they would be happier due to not having internet access.

Do the women take birth control? Or is there a lot of children everywhere? I would assume that having large families all living in close proximity would contribute to happiness.

Do they grow their own food? I believe that gardening is healing and health-promoting.
JOIN MY BRAND NEW FREE SPEECH FORUM EMPHASIZING PURE VIRGIN MARRIAGE: https://dancilley.great-site.net/forum

X/Twitter: https://x.com/DanCilleyLTBLP

YouTube: https://youtube.com/@DanCilley
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

dancilley wrote:
October 31st, 2021, 9:41 pm
Why exactly are the people in Costa Rica so happy?
From ripping off gringos and laughing their way to the bank?
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Post by OutcastedPhilosopher »

LOL.....yeah they will try to rip you off there.....I was there in 2012.....beautiful country and the small towns/rural areas are awesome. Once you go into the bigger cities you will find a lot of scammers and exploiters.

There were some expats there that seemed alright.