Where should I study abroad: Prague, Capetown or Australia?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

Im worried about europe because i don thave too much extra $$$ to spend on food/travel...tuition is already a killer :(

can i really enjoy europe on a budget?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

go anywhere where the main language isn't english.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

AnonymousAmerican wrote:go anywhere where the main language isn't english.
+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

mrmillersd wrote:Im worried about europe ............

don't know the answer to your question...

but.....

czech = cheaper than Vienna or Stockholm

South Africa = more expensive than U.S. or Czech
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

germanguy wrote:All of these places are trash...
:lol:

That's what I was thinking. All of those places are not good for an Asian male to be in.

Australia is terrible and full of racist aggressive fuckwits and spoiled women, probably even worse than America in this regard.

South Africa is a destitute post-apartheid state that has some of the worst crime rates in the world and an ingrained race/class system.

Prague is the least worst option out of these 3 but Czech's aren't big fans of asians because from what I heard there are a lot of Vietnamese fob immigrants in the city who ruin it for any asian travelers. Basically they associate asians with poor migrant street hawkers and shit. The only good thing about Prague is that at least you can catch a train to Poland or nearby EE countries that are far cooler to hang out in. Prague is a very neat looking city but the people are kind of tools. I have met Czechs before and wasn't impressed in the least since they consider themselves an up and coming country and come off as kind of arrogant and stand offish
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Jackal wrote:I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you that Czechs are already somewhat used to Asians (unlike people in a lot of the other countries in Eastern Europe). There is a Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic because of an old labor agreement between it and Vietnam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese ... h_Republic
I can tell you for certain that this has not been a positive thing at all. I've talked with quite a few asian-americans who have been to Prague and said they were looked down on by the locals. Basically the Vietnamese in Prague are mostly poor sellers/laborer types so it has created an overall bad impression of any asians in the city.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Repatriate wrote: I can tell you for certain that this has not been a positive thing at all. I've talked with quite a few asian-americans who have been to Prague and said they were looked down on by the locals. Basically the Vietnamese in Prague are mostly poor sellers/laborer types so it has created an overall bad impression of any asians in the city.
Ah, I see. As I said, I haven't been there in a long time. However, the university students in Prague might be more open-minded regarding Asians. I met several Czech university students in Prague in the past who didn't seem to have anything against Asians. I guess it's like many other places where the more educated people are generally more liberal about social issues.
mrmillersd wrote:Im worried about europe because i don thave too much extra $$$ to spend on food/travel...tuition is already a killer :(

Food in Prague used to be fairly cheap (the best beers cost only 1 USD each!), but I don't know what prices are like there now. Maybe you should check some websites to find out the current prices of goods there.
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

Thanks for the input guys!

the pros of czech=see europe

SA=see lions/safaris/etc

australia=great barrier reef, etc.

so its getting to see natural beauty or a differnet society
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

Anyone else have opinions?