It is sooo easy to get dates in the USA

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

It is sooo easy to get dates in the USA

Post by Adama »

How do I know? I am watching "The Departed" with jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leo Dicaprio, Alec Baldwin.

Matt Damon is a new cop, but a higher paid one. He is on an elevator, and as this psychologist woman is getting off, he hits on her. Within less than 30 seconds, he has this woman cooing and has a date with her for later that night.

This just has me wondering what the f am I doing wrong here?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: It is sooo easy to get dates in the USA

Post by zboy1 »

Adama wrote:How do I know? I am watching "The Departed" with jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leo Dicaprio, Alec Baldwin.

Matt Damon is a new cop, but a higher paid one. He is on an elevator, and as this psychologist woman is getting off, he hits on her. Within less than 30 seconds, he has this woman cooing and has a date with her for later that night.

Dude, it's just a Hollywood movie, LOL. Don't believe in the propaganda that Hollywood likes to promote...
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

I think we are just creeps, lol.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

zboy1 wrote:
Adama wrote:How do I know? I am watching "The Departed" with jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leo Dicaprio, Alec Baldwin.

Dude, it's just a Hollywood movie, LOL. Don't believe in the propaganda that Hollywood likes to promote...
If you are a kid growing up and you have no player friends, how would you figure things are done? I mean, if you are 14 to 17 years old, never had a girlfriend. You see movies like this. What are you to think?

They ought to show the women playing mindf-ckgames with the men.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

When foreigners see movies like these ( outside of the USA), they want to do one of two things: imitate the Americans and/or go to America. Most of the time, the end up imitating the Americans on TV ( which shows what is lacking in society) thus creating a "liberated America" in their own country.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Adama wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

If you are a kid growing up and you have no player friends, how would you figure things are done? I mean, if you are 14 to 17 years old, never had a girlfriend. You see movies like this. What are you to think?

They ought to show the women playing mindf-ckgames with the men.
Couple of points, the psychologist makes fun of his school/alma mater but then, Matt turns around and makes a parody of it. Thus, she first dishes on him gently but then, Matt makes a fairy tale out of the event (you know, him stabbing a Harvard man). Well, this sort of pantomime does work, if the gal is *looking* and the guy has some position. In this case, Matt seemed like an A-type, rising star in the BPD. I've seen this type of stuff in offices in my region, greater Boston but typically, those b*tches have their estrogen on 'release' mode and are trolling to make a baby. Well, this gal did get pregnant, a hour later in the film with Matt, the bad cop (ala John Connolly in the real-life story of the Boston mob).
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

The problem here is that none of us are Matt Damon or look like him. :lol: I think the way Hollywood presents America makes a lot of sense if you're one of those extremely handsome classic American guys. Which is the equivalent of winning the genetic lottery in looks. I had a friend growing up who had the whole package..tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, surfer boy look and women did throw themselves at him. For a guy like this he could go anywhere in the world (except maybe some of the Scandi countries) and pull easily.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Repatriate wrote:

The problem here is that none of us are Matt Damon or look like him. :lol: I think the way Hollywood presents America makes a lot of sense if you're one of those extremely handsome classic American guys. Which is the equivalent of winning the genetic lottery in looks. I had a friend growing up who had the whole package..tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, surfer boy look and women did throw themselves at him. For a guy like this he could go anywhere in the world (except maybe some of the Scandi countries) and pull easily.
Oh speak for yourself. I think I'm a 7/10. :-)
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Repatriate wrote:

it's not even that. it's personality.

how I live my life.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

AnonymousAmerican wrote:
A part of it is personality sure..but the idea flogged by PUA marketers is that personality is the most important for women which is frankly b.s. A lot of it is innate social status and what a woman sees from appearance too. Good looks..especially the classic WASP kind does bring social status to the table.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Repatriate wrote:A lot of it is innate social status and what a woman sees from appearance too. Good looks..especially the classic WASP kind does bring social status to the table.
Well, the movie did portray Damon as a climber in the detective arm of the BPD and thus, his white-status has a social side, as well. Hence, 'stabbing a Harvard man' to get to the top, wasn't off the books. I think the lady took notice. Many of the top brass of Boston's law enforcement are the Irish-Catholic climbers of the area. I think if he were a basic, surfer-type without too many ambitions, the psychologist with a PhD wouldn't see him as BF/husband material, since she was looking to get pregnant.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Repatriate wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote:
A part of it is personality sure..but the idea flogged by PUA marketers is that personality is the most important for women which is frankly b.s. A lot of it is innate social status and what a woman sees from appearance too. Good looks..especially the classic WASP kind does bring social status to the table.
don't even mention PUAs. those fuckers are slaves to feminists, just in different ways.

how I live my life.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Repatriate wrote:

I would rate Matt Damon as slightly above average. The whole looks in the USA is moot anyway. Most women dont want a man better looking than them, cause it leads to control issues. They want men they can command with implied threats to withdrawal of sex.

In his personal life, Matt Damon married a single mother. Like I said, looks in the USA is not an asset all about. Middle of the road is the way to go with facial appearance in the USA.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Adama wrote:In his personal life, Matt Damon married a single mother.
Matt's also married an Argentinian woman, so once again, FWs still beat AWs. The same goes for star Boston/New England Patriot's quarterback, Tom Brady, who's married to a Brazilian. These men are millionaires and even they've got a good head on their shoulders.

AB discussion thread

OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Most women dont want a man better looking than them, cause it leads to control issues.
You said it Adama. I was just saying the same thing to my cousin. That's why the argument about how you have to be really good looking to pull American chicks is false. Most of the time when I see couples out in public and the girl is good looking with a nice body her man is average looking. Sometimes I have to say to myself....that's her man? I just shake my head in bewilderment.

But just like you said it's a control issue. I'm gonna have to break some things down about this in a thread. This is something that's been on my mind.

Back in 2005, when I studied abroad in DR there was a white girl there from Buffalo. One day we were hanging out with some other students from the States and she showed us a picture of her boyfriend who was black. And fellas, I'll never forget this comment she made, she said, "I like the fact that my boyfriend isn't all that good looking because he doesn't get that much attention." There you go! She wasn't all that good looking herself but it's evidence of the mentality that they want to remain in control and keep their fragile egos intact via their looks.