Most Americans have Stockholm Syndrome

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I like all sorts of sports and I why do people always like to use that to explain their view that sports in general is a distraction?

The problem is, like most things is not easily explained.

1) Most people simply don't care, its not happening to them so why bother?

When Snowden came out with proof that the NSA is spying on Americans, most just shrug their shoulders and say "I got nothing to hide".

When told the real unemployment is closer to 16-17% since they have changed how they see unemployment back under Clinton, they say "Well I still have my job or I'm barely hanging on but still working". The unemployed are just lazy.

2) Climate Change is real but like most things, its not a near field danger, its far off in the distance unless it comes knocking on your door (Hurricane Sandy).

When faced with news that sea level rise in Miami could cause major flooding in the event of a major hurricane, that was swept under quickly by not only the media, but by Gov Rick Scott who I have said plenty of times is a CRIMINAL, he was CEO of HealthSouth when it was busted for Medicare Fraud.

I don't censor myself, no reason too. If you can't handle the truth that's your problem, not mine. Taco is right, the lack of protest to the Government is a sign of consent. Why change if the mass of people approve what you're doing?

This is why I say and others have said the time to save everybody is over. If people refuse to listen, to believe the propaganda told by the right and the left, believe that minor victories will lead to better social cohesion is just spinning their wheels.

Plan your exit NOW, not tomorrow, not in a decade, NOW. There is no excuse for you to continue to make excuses, you just don't want to make a tough decision.

There is a solution for everybody on this forum. By far the easiest thing is to come here and complain.

The harder thing is to actually DO something.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

everybody has the stockholm syndrom not only the americans. the zombies are everywhere and yes we are also one of them.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:
....The problem is, like most things is not easily explained.

1) Most people simply don't care, its not happening to them so why bother?

When Snowden came out with proof that the NSA is spying on Americans, most just shrug their shoulders and say "I got nothing to hide".

When told the real unemployment is closer to 16-17% since they have changed how they see unemployment back under Clinton, they say "Well I still have my job or I'm barely hanging on but still working". The unemployed are just lazy.........

I don't censor myself, no reason too. If you can't handle the truth that's your problem, not mine. Taco is right, the lack of protest to the Government is a sign of consent. Why change if the mass of people approve what you're doing?

This is why I say and others have said the time to save everybody is over.
If people refuse to listen, to believe the propaganda told by the right and the left, believe that minor victories will lead to better social cohesion is just spinning their wheels.

Plan your exit NOW, not tomorrow, not in a decade, NOW. There is no excuse for you to continue to make excuses, you just don't want to make a tough decision.

There is a solution for everybody on this forum. By far the easiest thing is to come here and complain.

The harder thing is to actually DO something.
+10
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

doesnt everyone here have stockholm syndrome too? if you really hate american dating scene you wouldve moved to other countries by now..
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

mrmillersd wrote:...if you really hate american dating scene you wouldve moved to other countries by now..
It's easy to say a person would have moved but it's a complicated process and not everyone qualifies. A person needs to be a permanent resident or a citizenship to be able to have a life and income abroad. Americans are stuck in America unless they are lucky enough to have employer sponsorship, be a multimillionaire (loan a country one million dollars for a permanent residency visa), pass a difficulty permanent residency application, or have Jus sanguinis (right of blood) citizenship. Some countries like the EU have agreements where their people have more mobility, many countries have working holiday agreements, some countries have easy immigration for their ex-colonies or commonwealths. Americans have very little options when it comes to immigration.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

mrmillersd wrote:doesnt everyone here have stockholm syndrome too? if you really hate american dating scene you wouldve moved to other countries by now..
Nope, those who've officially boycotted American women have no Stockholm syndrome as they view life around them, a vehicle for commercial and vocational activities.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Mr.Darcy wrote:I just tried to bring up how males are bashed by the femenist media and all the guys told me I was a butthurt loser that can't get laid. It's funny that most of the guys were either virgins or 1-2 sexual partners. At least I'm not a virgin lol. Here's the video I showed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFUVZqeCa4
Why keep fighting that windmill?
Their future baby-mommas and ex-wives will provide a much clearer explanation than you can. :D
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by NPCslammer »

skateboardstephen wrote:
July 5th, 2013, 1:14 pm
Mr.Darcy wrote:I just tried to bring up how males are bashed by the femenist media and all the guys told me I was a butthurt loser that can't get laid. It's funny that most of the guys were either virgins or 1-2 sexual partners. At least I'm not a virgin lol. Here's the video I showed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFUVZqeCa4
American men are their own worst enemies...You even have to censor yourself around a lot of men!
American men are trash. Perhaps American men and women are perfect for each other.