Traveling for minority guys!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Mguy, why would you give Colombia a neutral review? You did make a lot of observations in your Colombia thread, and it seemed to be positive overall.

Mexico is certainly great for me in terms of social atmosphere, culture, and dating; it's just that the economic state of the country means my job choices are pretty much limited to the informal sector, such as earning cash from street vending and performing, or driving pickup trucks around town doing hauling and recycling (I have some friends in Mexico who actually wanted me to join them doing that kind of stuff). Another option is to be a tour guide, which isn't very feasible now with Mexico's tourism industry tanking because of its current reputation.

For me, it's actually much better to be East Asian than White in all those countries I've been to: Mexico, China, and Thailand, provided that you don't have the typical close-minded East Asian attitude (not integrating culturally, not willing to try new things or think differently). To be honest, many Mexicans often harbor deep-seated resentment towards the Anglos, and Chinitos from the US are exempted from that unless they are hopelessly Americanized. In China, I blend in enough to be seen as a Chinese national, but am still different enough that I stand out wherever I go (US-educated with a unique personality). In Thailand, I don't stick out like a sore thumb as the farangs (whites) do.

Thus, in many cases, being a minority in the US is definitely a plus if you're traveling to many parts of the world!
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Falcon wrote:Mexico is certainly great for me in terms of social atmosphere, culture, and dating; it's just that the economic state of the country means my job choices are pretty much limited to the informal sector, such as earning cash from street vending and performing, or driving pickup trucks around town doing hauling and recycling (I have some friends in Mexico who actually wanted me to join them doing that kind of stuff). Another option is to be a tour guide, which isn't very feasible now with Mexico's tourism industry tanking because of its current reputation.
you could start your own business in mexico. it's actually what I would recommend guys to do if they go to mexico, since mexico has a pretty good business climate and it's not that expensive.
For me, it's actually much better to be East Asian than White in all those countries I've been to: Mexico, China, and Thailand, provided that you don't have the typical close-minded East Asian attitude (not integrating culturally, not willing to try new things or think differently).
the problem I have with a lot of east asians, too closed minded and too stubborn. add to that, a lot of east asian and south asian males are very beta in their thinking.
To be honest, many Mexicans often harbor deep-seated resentment towards the Anglos, and Chinitos from the US are exempted from that unless they are hopelessly Americanized.
very true. anglos are assholes who deserve to have those resentments. anglos stole out ancestral homeland that has been ours since the colonial era and the way anglos behave towards mexicans living in the US, hasn't helped a lot.

Thus, in many cases, being a minority in the US is definitely a plus if you're traveling to many parts of the world!
or unless you can do it like me and identify as the nationality of your parents, if you're very culturally influenced by them and speak the language of them.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

the problem I have with a lot of east asians, too closed minded and too stubborn. add to that, a lot of east asian and south asian males are very beta in their thinking.
Very true, especially of upper-middle class Asian Americans. I grew up with a lot of East Asian-American peers, and I can't imagine that most of them would ever be willing to travel solo outside the US, let alone date village girls in developing countries. They tend to live and think inside a very well-defined bubble. Throughout college, I had never been able to fit into any "Asian cliques."

Winston had also written a long rant about this: http://www.happierabroad.com/Asian_Mentality.htm

Since they tend to adopt Anglo attitudes, many are racist towards blacks and Latinos. My Asian schoolmates were extremely judgmental about my traveling to Mexico alone, and even more so with dating Mexican women. Winston also said that I'm the only Asian guy he met who is into Latin American cultures and has dated Latinas. There's also Mguy though. :P
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Falcon wrote:Very true, especially of upper-middle class Asian Americans. I grew up with a lot of East Asian-American peers, and I can't imagine that most of them would ever be willing to travel solo outside the US, let alone date village girls in developing countries. They tend to live and think inside a very well-defined bubble. Throughout college, I had never been able to fit into any "Asian cliques."
that's because most east asians only think in herds, not as individuals. i didn't get along with a lot of east asians back in high school because i frown upon herd mentality and east asians think in a herd, so confrontations. also, east asians bow down to the wishes of their parents and only do what their parents WHAT them to do, not what they want to do. which is why you see a lot of east asians in the US being so sad and depressed.

Since they tend to adopt Anglo attitudes, many are racist towards blacks and Latinos.
lol. the unashamed bastards who integrate to anglo attitudes and think anglos will ever accept them (not) :lol:
My Asian schoolmates were extremely judgmental about my traveling to Mexico alone, and even more so with dating Mexican women. Winston also said that I'm the only Asian guy he met who is into Latin American cultures and has dated Latinas. There's also Mguy though. :P
like I said, most east asians only think in herds and can't think individually. i expect a lot of that sort of behavior.

how I live my life.

celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

You shouldn't judge Asia and Asians solely based on Asian-Americans. For example the mentality is completely different in mainland China. I saw things that i thought Asians could never do. Asians are somewhat repressed in a Western environment. However, it is completely different in Asia itself.

It is like judging Mexico based upon migrant Mexican workers in the US. Mexico itself is completely different. It is actually quite wealthy, with similar GDP per capita to Brazil and Argentina.

Asian people actually change almost instantly when they come to the U.S. They become less expressive.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

celery2010 wrote:You shouldn't judge Asia and Asians solely based on Asian-Americans. For example the mentality is completely different in mainland China. I saw things that i thought Asians could never do. Asians are somewhat repressed in a Western environment. However, it is completely different in Asia itself.

It is like judging Mexico based upon migrant Mexican workers in the US. Mexico itself is completely different. It is actually quite wealthy, with similar GDP per capita to Brazil and Argentina.

Asian people actually change almost instantly when they come to the U.S. They become less expressive.
lol. don't remind me of my "fellow" mexican-americans. I dislike so much mexican-americans. perfect example of mixing two things gone bad (get the bad traits of both sides).

how I live my life.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@Repatriate,

You are a very valuable member to H.A., but your post is semi-off.

Perú is borderline negative for Blacks and dark-skinned Africans. Argentina and Chile are [to
a certain degree] better than Perú.

Or maybe I wasn't supposed to say this on this forum like that?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

AnonymousAmerican wrote:
celery2010 wrote:You shouldn't judge Asia and Asians solely based on Asian-Americans. For example the mentality is completely different in mainland China. I saw things that i thought Asians could never do. Asians are somewhat repressed in a Western environment. However, it is completely different in Asia itself.

lol. don't remind me of my "fellow" mexican-americans. I dislike so much mexican-americans. perfect example of mixing two things gone bad (get the bad traits of both sides).
Either you are mimicking me or you really do feel this way. The worse Chicanos (i.e. "Mexican"-Americans) are in Chicagoland, parts of LA metro area, and Atlanta metro area.
The best ones I have met were in SW-S. central-southern Texas, NM, and AZ.

Salvatrucos (Salvadoreans) are very xenophobic in northern VA. Non-Latinos like Ethiopians in DC and MN are xenophobic too. ABC's in NYC are xenophobic even more so.
White trash in WV/Appliachia.....
White trash in Buffalo, NY....(EricHeaven can confirm)
stateside abominations of real Italians in NJ and Boston (607-413 Springfield MASS, etc.).....(S_Parc can confirm)
bonus: even some stateside Brazilians in MA are on some bulls.hit - but I heard some of them are cool too. (I might visit one day once I get my Porto skills airtight)

I would like to crack the DaVinci code on stateside Russians in Brooklyn and the Ukranians in Chicago. I almost f.ucked a Ukrainian freak a couple of months ago in Chicago, but my game was so rusty because I hadn't had practice months before that because I pretty much gave up on p.ussy in Chicago. Yeah even the Chicanas were aloof-than-a-motherfu.cker nowadays in Chicago.
Last edited by E Irizarry R&B Singer on July 7th, 2013, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:@Repatriate,

Perú is borderline negative for Blacks and dark-skinned Africans. Argentina and Chile are [to

Hey, my post was focused on Asians. I can't really speak for blacks or various other ethnicities. I think the point of this thread is for all non-white travelers to put up their own list since experiences vary a lot by ethnicity. Like being asian would be neutral to negative in Germany but might be fantastic for a black guy. Same goes for the Czech republic, negative for asians but may be good for black guys.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Repatriate wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:@Repatriate,

Hey, my post was focused on Asians. I can't really speak for blacks or various other ethnicities. I think the point of this thread is for all non-white travelers to put up their own list since experiences vary a lot by ethnicity. Like being asian would be neutral to negative in Germany but might be fantastic for a black guy. Same goes for the Czech republic, negative for asians but may be good for black guys.
You have my belated apologies; I thought you were talking about minorities as a general conglomerate. Asians do well in Iberoamerica (i.e. Latin America), especially Peru, Mexico, Bolivia, etc.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
You have my belated apologies; I thought you were talking about minorities as a general conglomerate.
No problem.

Yeah, most countries don't have universal cross over appeal for all races. I think Brazil might be one of the few where there's almost a niche for everyone. :lol: But yet i'm sure they would discriminate heavily if someone looked too Amerindian or native.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

There should be a Matrix where we have countries visited and our rating system for each.

mguy (Filipino-American): Mexico+, Guatemala++, Colombia=, Philippines++, Switzerland+, USA-
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

E Irizarry and repatiate

Can I get your guys ethnic make-up and citizenship? Just to make the discussion clearer.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Colombia gets a neutral as it is a white-worshiping society from what I saw. To date up means to date white.

I would not recommend to african-americans if you want a normal relationship, the racial leverage simply isn't there especially true on a quick trip. Blue-eyed blonde guys are the prize, and you will see this theme played out in the night life even in cosmopolitan Bogota. Maybe dating black colombians would be different, but they are few in the cities and are relegated to barrios in the coast (are economically worst-off). Even Cali girls who have tinge of African on them, are not dating down.

For Asians, it is a different story, but if you are only passing through, the leverage simply isn't there to attract enough. Although I met a Korean guy who demolished major Latina p***y, but he is the most atypical Asian guy I have met in my life -- his energy is simply in sync with Colombia to the teeth -- and he has been there 8 times and was in the process of relocating -- he complained girls always trying to get cash from him.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote:

Either you are mimicking me or you really do feel this way. The worse Chicanos (i.e. "Mexican"-Americans) are in Chicagoland, parts of LA metro area, and Atlanta metro area.
The best ones I have met were in SW-S. central-southern Texas, NM, and AZ.

Salvatrucos (Salvadoreans) are very xenophobic in northern VA. Non-Latinos like Ethiopians in DC and MN are xenophobic too. ABC's in NYC are xenophobic even more so.
White trash in WV/Appliachia.....
White trash in Buffalo, NY....(EricHeaven can confirm)
stateside abominations of real Italians in NJ and Boston (607-413 Springfield MASS, etc.).....(S_Parc can confirm)
bonus: even some stateside Brazilians in MA are on some bulls.hit - but I heard some of them are cool too. (I might visit one day once I get my Porto skills airtight)

I would like to crack the DaVinci code on stateside Russians in Brooklyn and the Ukranians in Chicago. I almost f.ucked a Ukrainian freak a couple of months ago in Chicago, but my game was so rusty because I hadn't had practice months before that because I pretty much gave up on p.ussy in Chicago. Yeah even the Chicanas were aloof-than-a-motherfu.cker nowadays in Chicago.
no, I genuinely don't like other mex-americans. most of my friends are anglos. mex-americans are f***ing assholes.

how I live my life.