Traveling for minority guys!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

mguy wrote:E Irizarry and repatiate

Can I get your guys ethnic make-up and citizenship? Just to make the discussion clearer.
East Asian. U.S. citizen (Taiwanese/Chinese-American)

I'm probably going to be making a big trip in the near future to Europe or Latin America. I haven't decided yet. I'll be back in Bangkok in the near(er) future though.

Right now i'm leaning more towards Latin America but i'm going to learn Spanish first and not run around the continent looking like a dickhole without a clue.

Europe is very intriguing though and there's a lot of stuff in both regions that I really want to see aside from chasing tail.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Repatriate wrote:
mguy wrote:E Irizarry and repatiate

Can I get your guys ethnic make-up and citizenship? Just to make the discussion clearer.
East Asian. U.S. citizen (Taiwanese/Chinese-American)

I'm probably going to be making a big trip in the near future to Europe or Latin America. I haven't decided yet. I'll be back in Bangkok in the near(er) future though.

Right now i'm leaning more towards Latin America but i'm going to learn Spanish first and not run around the continent looking like a dickhole without a clue.

Europe is very intriguing though and there's a lot of stuff in both regions that I really want to see aside from chasing tail.
go to mexico. mexico has as much to offer as europe except the european prices.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

AnonymousAmerican wrote: go to mexico. mexico has as much to offer as europe except the european prices.
Yeah it's definitely on my list as a priority. I think i'll find some place to stay for awhile in one of the latin countries learn Spanish first for awhile and immerse myself. Then when I feel confident i'll start exploring everywhere else.

Which cities would you recommend?
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Repatriate wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote: go to mexico. mexico has as much to offer as europe except the european prices.
Yeah it's definitely on my list as a priority. I think i'll find some place to stay for awhile in one of the latin countries learn Spanish first for awhile and immerse myself. Then when I feel confident i'll start exploring everywhere else.

Which cities would you recommend?
in Mexico, I would recommend Guadalajara and any city in the state of Guanajuato. those cities are safe, lots of good looking women, lots of places to learn the language, and lots of places to see and hangout. if you want to take a risk, you can go to Monterrey, but the women there are also pretty good looking, if you're into the more european mexican girls (there is also a lot of those types of girls in Guadalajara).

Mexico City has so much to see, but it's too expensive. way too many people, people there aren't friendly, and lots of ugly people there.

how I live my life.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@Mguy,

I am perceived as Black American, but I'm of Brazilian lineage but born and raised in America.
Here's my twitter/pic: http://twitter.com/eirizarryrnb
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Thanks guys!

In terms of learning Spanish, at this point I am now advanced Speaker. I wrote it here which might hold a collection of things that could help minority travelers.

My Spanish Learning Path
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

mguy wrote:Thanks guys!

In terms of learning Spanish, at this point I am now advanced Speaker. I wrote it here which might hold a collection of things that could help minority travelers.

My Spanish Learning Path
¿robaste el software de rosetta stone en torrent?

how I live my life.

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I said expatriating is for upper class people? No I said it was easier for them and its true. They have experience in various businesses that allow them to be consultants for example. Experience and degrees will get you just about any well paying job in Europe even if you don't speak German or French.

Just look at jobs for NATO, UN or International Red Cross, you can get in with a basic degree and 7-10 years experience in whatever position they need filled. Working for these NGO's are ideal because for example with NATO, you get to live in Brussels, Belgium. Very clean, moderate climate and English is the official second language in the country.

Plus housing is expensive in much of Europe, with a NGO job you get housing allowance.

Being an Expat in Europe can be an expensive proposition if not well-thought out. Azora spent some time in Europe and had an apprenticeship in Austria.

I believe his housing was paid for.

I have left this link all over this site, I suggest you search some of my post but I'll go ahead and put it here again - http://www.cheapestdestinationsblog.com ... 2-edition/

If you have limited and unverifiable skills then your options for work are limited. This where doing something online as simple as selling things makes a whole bunch of sense.

Teaching English is an option. I would recommend Eastern Europe, China and Brazil. Expat Living recommended those countries exactly and with the research I have made, it is 100% true for various reasons.

I have chosen South America, especially Brazil because =

1) All the potential skinflint expats are scared away by its 2:1 exchange rate, compared to double digits in most cases throughout South and Central America.

2) Non-existent competition for Middle Class women from expats. Most people go to Rio (tourist) or Sao Paulo (business related). Both locations have heavy GDP activity, which is all too easy for visitors who are going to be there a short time.

3) Off the tourist trail is prime hunting ground, I will not disclose those locations just yet.

4) Has the most mature infrastructure

5) Has three of the five largest Carnival celebrations in Latin America

6) In the countries with sizable Black and European descent populations, Brazil has the fewest economic problems and least amount of resistance to interracial dating.

Stephen finally put his location up, I thought he said he was in Salvador but I wasn't sure. He lives in Brazil on less than $1,000US but as we have discussed before, its not quite up to Western standards. You can live on much less than say $500US or $1,000R but you'll barely have things you're accustomed to having in America.

Brazil is one of the most expensive countries in Latin America to relocate too. If you're a cheapskate consider Central America, its horribly cheap and has the reputation of being dangerous.

I agree with AA, I found Mexico City to be a bit impersonal. It is huge and like any major city somewhat expensive by Mexican standards. By US dollar standards its still cheap. I hear Guadalajara has quite a few light/White skinned women in it. I ultimately decided against Mexico on the grounds I don't think as good for Black men as some other countries are.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

My Spanish Learning Path
I commend you for taking this route, but I am sure you know its the long way around.

I recommend immersion straight away, this place comes highly recommended - http://www.sipuebla.com/ it includes classroom study, day trips and living with a Spanish only speaking family.

It cost me $352 to fly to Mexico City. Add $85 for them to pick you up in Mexico City. There is likely a bus running to Puebla though that should be considerably less. So total cost is around $1,000US. When you figure you visited several countries plus spent a month in another country, this would be cheaper, faster and more effective.

Just sayin.
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

djfourmoney wrote: So every Government Employee should quit their job?
Yes, at this point they probably should. However, working for the UN or associated NGOs is taking crimes against the human race to a whole new level. No self-respecting human being would do it, which is why they are now hiring the usual affirmative action stiffs I guess.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Cornfed wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: So every Government Employee should quit their job?
Yes, at this point they probably should. However, working for the UN or associated NGOs is taking crimes against the human race to a whole new level. No self-respecting human being would do it, which is why they are now hiring the usual affirmative action stiffs I guess.
I'm going to ignore the last bit because it doesn't deserve a response.

Yes it would be an effective protest and makes plenty of sense which is why it won't happen...
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

AnonymousAmerican wrote:

My Spanish Learning Path
¿robaste el software de rosetta stone en torrent?
Solo un tontazo te haria una respuesta x eso. El gobierno talvez nos ta mirando ahorita. jajajaa :-)
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

And who have those degrees? The upper middle class (mostly white). The middle class kids will have student debt and start at the bottom along with the herd for a very slow rise in society, wherein their nominal wages will not rise in parity with cost-of-living and they will eventually be another house in the suburb with a mortgage with fading job security. Fact is even engineering or so STEM fields will not help the new generation as research is now moving abroad. Personally I give the science fields boom another 10 years or so.

Europe is the big leagues as it will be a quick drain in resources. Winston cannot fck with Europe, nor can many posters here due to costs associated with Europe. I'm not talking about a quick 3 week vacation, I'm talking about permanent relocation. Azora is a good example, if you still have his thread, please share.

About teaching ESL. Fact is that ESL teachers have a racial hierarchy -- this is a white man's game unfortunately. Ladislav has a post about this, and i've seen this happen. Minority guys do not have the fallback option of teaching ESL and the sooner they realize this.. well you know.

Regarding Sk8board with his cost-of-living, please don't mistake standard-of-living with quality-of-life. I am think he is doing much better at his current location. In the end we are not talking about dollar and cents here, but rather the unquantifiable which is whether you will be indeed happier abroad.