What's the ideal age gap between male and female?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

What's the ideal age gap between male and female?

Post by Johnny1975 »

I'm 37. Not so long ago I set my ideal age range for a woman at 23-28. Then it changed to 22-28. Then it was 22-26. And now it's 20-26.

My philosophy on this is : Not too close to 30 otherwise she will start thinking about kids too soon, and not so young that she's too immature.

Obviously culture makes a big difference. I don't think I'd be comfortable dating a 20 year old western girl. But if she was from elsewhere, I could be ok with it, depending on what she's like.

So, what's your ideal age gap?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

5-10 years, with the men older.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It is often quoted that the ideal age for the woman is half the man's age plus seven years.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Cornfed wrote:It is often quoted that the ideal age for the woman is half the man's age plus seven years.
Yeah, I was just about to post that. It's the difference where women won't give you nasty looks and men won't high five you. Basically people won't think it's strange or question you or think you're with a prostitute. If you want people to think you're in a normal relationship and not get any attention, this is the formula. For you it would be about 25.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Dr. Phil say's half the mans age plus 7 or 8, I say half the mans age minus 7 or 8. :D

I am 48, she would just be turning legal and that is about right.
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I'm 35 and for me, I like 18 to 25. When I'm 45, if I am unmarried, I'd imagine it would be 18 to 25. I still have 15 y.o. girls who flirt with me. So I think if a man looks young enough in a non-western country he can pull this off.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

abcdavid01 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:It is often quoted that the ideal age for the woman is half the man's age plus seven years.
Yeah, I was just about to post that. It's the difference where women won't give you nasty looks and men won't high five you. Basically people won't think it's strange or question you or think you're with a hoe. If you want people to think you're in a normal relationship and not get any attention, this is the formula. For you it would be about 25.
I always figure people arent going to like me anyway. I should enjoy myself while pissing them off, rather than them just hating me without cause. Them hating me for going with a younger woman just makes it that much better. But I think this is only a problem a man will encounter in North America and Western EU.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

- If you wanna go for looks and youth, go as low as possible as long as she/he is 18+, lol.

- Sometimes, its good for very young people (18-21) to try out someone much older and more experienced (say early to mid 30s). For the rebel types. For the very intelligent, rebel, non-conformist types of young, they sometimes go for something like this.

- I'm an equal opportunity age gapper. If much older men can date very young women, why shouldn't cougars be able to date very young men too?

- If you're older and attracted to younger partners, the half your age plus seven rule works in that the two of you won't look glaringly abnormal together assuming both of you look about your real age. I would add a twist to this rule. The ages should be based on apparent age (or even as young as the old person can pass for and as old as the young person can pass for), not how old you actually are. So if one of those hot early 50s cougars I see at the pageant in Las Vegas or Rio looks like an attractive 36 year old, then why shouldn't she be able to date a 25 year old guy? A 30 year old girl who possesses the face and body of a 23 year old is of course sexier than the real 23 year old who looks over 30. But keep in mind, that's just a snapshot. 10-20 years down the line, the apparent different between will mostly likely favor the younger one.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

I'm on my mid 30s, following the half of my age plus 7 rule would mean I should go for girls 25 and up...screw that man, if I can get the 18 year old the day she turned 18 I would pick that supposing she is doable enough for me lol.

Kidding aside, for dating my range is 18-30, but if I am looking for a wife, ideally she would be 22-28, I would want her to be young enough to bear me at least 2 children and still be young enough to be a hot mama when our kids are in highschool lol.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

While in Bangkok, Everdred, Xiongmao, and I had unanimously agreed that we all liked the MILF's (30+, or more mature, women) much more than the young vixens in their 20's. We've noticed that in general, the 30+ Chinese women were much easier and fun to talk to, knowledgeable, and pleasant to hang out with.

Everdred's Chinese gf is 5 years older than him; he is in his mid-20's. My past Mexican gf from Puebla was 4 years older than me.

Rock wrote:- Sometimes, its good for very young people (18-21) to try out someone much older and more experienced (say early to mid 30s). For the rebel types. For the very intelligent, rebel, non-conformist types of young, they sometimes go for something like this.
That's me!

I'm in my early 20's and have gone out with older women more often than those my own age or younger, often mid-20's, late 20's, or 30's. One reason is also that there simply aren't that many women who are between 18 and my age.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: What's the ideal age gap between male and female?

Post by OutWest »

Johnny1975 wrote:I'm 37. Not so long ago I set my ideal age range for a woman at 23-28. Then it changed to 22-28. Then it was 22-26. And now it's 20-26.

My philosophy on this is : Not too close to 30 otherwise she will start thinking about kids too soon, and not so young that she's too immature.

Obviously culture makes a big difference. I don't think I'd be comfortable dating a 20 year old western girl. But if she was from elsewhere, I could be ok with it, depending on what she's like.

So, what's your ideal age gap?
Ah...theories of love....

How about this: The ideal age gap is whatever you can do, whatever you can manage and whatever you can make work.

It is all about what you actually are willing to do.

Outwest
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Hell I forgot the formula but its currently 28 for me (I'm 42) but that's just a rough number, nothing is absolute.

Depending on life experiences women as young at 18-19 can be very mature compared to women say 25-26 without those experiences (coddled).

I don't think I'll hook up with anybody younger than 28, but that said I have had interest from women as young as 19 before and every so often women between 18 and 23.

Most of the women that young are looking for older men especially if that have children. They want a man is going to come straight home after work and not to the local watering hole to hang out with the boyz.

While women in their early 30's can still be very attractive and quite mature, because of my financial position at the moment (and previously), they are more settled in their careers, they expect the same out of you.

As I keep saying, the reasons why I look overseas are simple.

I am still working out how to build my empire, that is unacceptable to women in my dating pool that are high quality (educated, no children, never married). Single mothers would be an acceptable compromise, but under 28 they seem to believe having a child (or two) is not detrimental to finding a husband especially if they are attractive (9-8 very little makeup) = Entitlement Problem

So that leaves ugly Black women, usually chubby Latinas, FOB Asians and low quality White women = Unacceptable

Even my broke ass has more money in his accounts than most Latin or Eastern European men do. An unemployed man in those countries are either low level criminals (hustlers, thieves, small time drug dealers) or constantly drunk/lazy. I don't engage in any of that, I have plenty of options left to me and I will explore them in my new locale.

Finding a emotionally mature woman is the key. Lots of women in these countries are ready to get married and have children by 18....
Last edited by djfourmoney on July 8th, 2013, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:While in Bangkok, Everdred, Xiongmao, and I had unanimously agreed that we all liked the MILF's (30+, or more mature, women) much more than the young vixens in their 20's. We've noticed that in general, the 30+ Chinese women were much easier and fun to talk to, knowledgeable, and pleasant to hang out with.

Everdred's Chinese gf is 5 years older than him; he is in his mid-20's. My past Mexican gf from Puebla was 4 years older than me.

Rock wrote:- Sometimes, its good for very young people (18-21) to try out someone much older and more experienced (say early to mid 30s). For the rebel types. For the very intelligent, rebel, non-conformist types of young, they sometimes go for something like this.
That's me!

I'm in my early 20's and have gone out with older women more often than those my own age or younger, often mid-20's, late 20's, or 30's. One reason is also that there simply aren't that many women who are between 18 and my age.
OK, then you guys should love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJ3D6fI6ZQ

For all you younger guys in the States who claim not to be able to get dates, you need to start hitting up the local cougars! Never mind the girls for now. You can go for them when you get old yourself lol.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Rock wrote:
Falcon wrote:While in Bangkok, Everdred, Xiongmao, and I had unanimously agreed that we all liked the MILF's (30+, or more mature, women) much more than the young vixens in their 20's. We've noticed that in general, the 30+ Chinese women were much easier and fun to talk to, knowledgeable, and pleasant to hang out with.

That's me!

OK, then you guys should love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJ3D6fI6ZQ

For all you younger guys in the States who claim not to be able to get dates, you need to start hitting up the local cougars! Never mind the girls for now. You can go for them when you get old yourself lol.
Really? Cougars still have serious entitlement issues and are perfect candidates for Pump N Dump. I've done my share. In fact I've been f***ing everything but attractive, in-shape, under 30 women. I have put the kabosh on that, absolutely not. I would only consider a woman over 35 only if she was outstanding and in another country where her value is DRAMATICALLY reduced.

If you guys are assigning value to Cougars aren't you really engaging in self-defeating politics? Won't Feminist then say "Great, men are finally considering Age Appropriate women!"

There is no reason to do this in Thailand unless as I have said before, you are below average looking men and all you meet otherwise are bar girls and poor women from outside the city.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

A few thoughts.

My theory is that if a woman is not reasonably mature by her early 20s, she's never going to be mature. So, if she's quite mature at that age, then that's fine.

Peter Andre is 40 years old and his girlfriend is 23 I believe.

http://www.google.com/search?q=emily+ma ... 80&bih=923

Not only is she cute, but she has a really nice, soft manner. It's her and Peter Andre that made me expand my age range to 17 years.

I love thinking about when I'm 50 and all my friends are with women aged 47-52 or whatever, while I'm with a nice fresh 33 year old. I don't really care about what people would think and it doesn't influence my age range, but it's still good think about. I think when you're considering the right age range you have to think ahead and see if it seems like a good match. Also, if there's a 17 year age gap, assuming I die when I'm 75, she'll be 58, which is still just about young enough for her to find someone else and enjoy the rest of her days. So it's always worth thinking ahead. As you get older the gap becomes less of a big deal anyway. 40-23...45-28...50-33...55-38...60-43...65-48.

I suppose you should also think about how old you and her will be when your kids are at certain ages.

You can train her and mould her as the years go by, and so the younger she is the more time there is to do that and get it right.

I'm a bit concerned though if you get her when she's very young and doesn't have much experience, she may at some point wonder what it would be like to be with someone else. So I guess ideally she would have to have had a few boyfriends already. Not too many though, maybe 3-5, or does that seem like too many?

Going with a significantly younger woman also makes it easier to have a sub/dom dynamic with her. She'll naturally look up to you.

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-23798.html

The younger she is, the more fresh, youthful years you can get out of her. There's a world of difference between dating a 30 year old and a 22 year old. That's 8 years of extra freshness to enjoy.